Congrats NED

That was a great game tonight.  There were times at the end that I thought you were trying to give it away, but the defense stepped up big time on the 2-pt. conversion and causing the fumble after King recovered the onside kick.  Some things I took away from the game:

1) Grogan is the best player in the district (100 yard kick return for TD and a 96 yard TD run)

2)#40 (sorry I dont know his name)  stepped up BIG time and played great when Grogan couldnt go

3)  The Back-up QB showed great poise when he led the team down on the 90 yard drive to take the lead in the 4th Quarter.

I do have one complaint though.  I know the emotions of football and fans can spill over to the next week, but that was pretty low to cheer when the announcer reported scores of the Lumberton game.  As much as I would like to say that it was just a few fans that jeered, it was way more than that.  District is over and we are all in these play-offs together.  Good Luck the rest of the play-offs!

Guest Brubaker

Where I was sitting, I didn't hear anyone cheer over the Lumberton score.  Maybe you heard gasps, like what a surprise, that's what I did when I heard the score.  But it wasn't like a cheer you would hear if we got news that PNG was getting it handed to them like several times this year.

Where I was sitting, I didn't hear anyone cheer over the Lumberton score.  Maybe you heard gasps, like what a surprise, that's what I did when I heard the score.  But it wasn't like a cheer you would hear if we got news that PNG was getting it handed to them like several times this year.

OK, I must have been mistaken.

You must have been sitting in a bad section J-Rock.  Everyone sitting around me seemed seemed disapointed that Lumberton's season came to an end.  Look me up if you can make it to see the Dogs next week. 

Also, many thanks to the PNG fans I saw in attendance last night!  Your support is much appreciated.  :)

Well Brubaker, I guess that's whats so special about the PN-G fan support.  We come together to support our district competitors.

Way to go Nederland!!  Represent Mid-County all the way to state!! 

Thats what always amazed me about PNG and Nederland, when playoffs start we become like one city "Mid-County". When they are in and Nederland is out, you see purple, white, black and gold. Last night was not any different, thanks for PNG fan support. I guess tradition and respect for each other shows.

A whole lot of Nederland fans grew up in Port Neches, and a lot of PNG fans grew up in Nederland, that's the way it is. It' s like sibling rivalry, we can fight and bicker with each other and it's OK, but I wouldn't consider doing the same if you are not from MC because both groups will turn on you, because brothers will stop fighting each other to take on any outsider that may appear. I pull for PNG every game of the year except one when MCM comes it's time for the fun to begin.

That was a great game tonight.  There were times at the end that I thought you were trying to give it away, but the defense stepped up big time on the 2-pt. conversion and causing the fumble after King recovered the onside kick.  Some things I took away from the game:

1) Grogan is the best player in the district (100 yard kick return for TD and a 96 yard TD run)

2)#40 (sorry I dont know his name)  stepped up BIG time and played great when Grogan couldnt go

3)  The Back-up QB showed great poise when he led the team down on the 90 yard drive to take the lead in the 4th Quarter.

I do have one complaint though.  I know the emotions of football and fans can spill over to the next week, but that was pretty low to cheer when the announcer reported scores of the Lumberton game.  As much as I would like to say that it was just a few fans that jeered, it was way more than that.  District is over and we are all in these play-offs together.  Good Luck the rest of the play-offs!

I agree with your post.

just curious.... You didn't go to the Lumberton game??

I thought you were a raider fan. 

I do support all 20-4a schools and would go watch and support them. BUT, I'm not gonna lie, I did kinda smile when the l-train was down.  I know it shows no class. I know I'm being a poor sport. The cocky  L-train just got a big lesson in humility.  Something in me doesn't like Lumberton almost as much as I don't like PNG. I feel a rivalry starting. Go ahead and smite me!!!! ;D

I agree with your post.

I'm a Raider fan Blue and through! Graduated from there in '97.  I live in Nederland (where my wife is from) and the family wanted to see the Bulldogs.  So, I support the Dogs as well.  But, I got it wrong.  I made her make an agreement with me: Ok, we will go to the Bulldogs game this week and the Lumberton game next week.  Talk about OUCH!!!

Well you may have cheered at our losing this season, but I can assure you many of us Indian fans were cheering the Dogs on tonight and will continue to do so throughout the playoffs.  Congrats on a great win!

Go Dogs!

You are right, Pride.  I was there with my PNG shirt on cheering for the Dogs.  I guess some Dog fans love to hear PNG lose....just don't pay attention to them.  I was there pulling for the Dogs and heard Bulldog fans cheer when they heard Lumberton was losing.  I couldn't believe it...we're in the playoffs, should come together and support all the teams.  Thankfully, I was in a section with some really nice Bulldog fans that seemed embarrassed when other Nederland fans cheered at the announcement.  Some people...go figure.  Anyway, congrats Nederland, you played hard and deserved the win.  Lovelady is a HOSS!  This NDN is backing you as you continue your trek in the playoffs!  Go Dogs!

I agree with your post.

I'm a Raider fan Blue and through! Graduated from there in '97.  I live in Nederland (where my wife is from) and the family wanted to see the Bulldogs.  So, I support the Dogs as well.  But, I got it wrong.  I made her make an agreement with me: Ok, we will go to the Bulldogs game this week and the Lumberton game next week.  Talk about OUCH!!!

i understand

Well you may have cheered at our losing this season, but I can assure you many of us Indian fans were cheering the Dogs on tonight and will continue to do so throughout the playoffs.  Congrats on a great win!

Go Dogs!

You are right, Pride.  I was there with my PNG shirt on cheering for the Dogs.  I guess some Dog fans love to hear PNG lose....just don't pay attention to them.  I was there pulling for the Dogs and heard Bulldog fans cheer when they heard Lumberton was losing.  I couldn't believe it...we're in the playoffs, should come together and support all the teams.  Thankfully, I was in a section with some really nice Bulldog fans that seemed embarrassed when other Nederland fans cheered at the announcement.  Some people...go figure.  Anyway, congrats Nederland, you played hard and deserved the win.  Lovelady is a HOSS!  This NDN is backing you as you continue your trek in the playoffs!  Go Dogs!

The only game I love to hear ya'll lose is MCM -  ;D . Other than that I pull for PNG.  We have some great friends over there. My daughter even wears her PNG Band shirt and I'm always picking with her about this house being black and gold..all in good fun.  Once the playoffs get here I pull for ALL 20-4A teams.  IMO rooting against a district rival in the playoffs is kind of uncool, regardless of what may happened in district play. I have faith that the PNG program will be back in the playoffs next season...Let's show em what MC is all about!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01