Dayton fans and media looking ahead

Lionfan

If Bronco fans are looking ahead it would be caused by Dayton's great coaching staff under Stewart.Many times in the past the Broncos had real good football teams in the playoff's and it was "VERY OBVIOUS" that Dayton was simply outcoached.Stewart's methods have moved the Broncos forward to a differant level of play-before Dayton never had back to back seasons w/1,800+ passing yds.The Broncos have always had real good defenses,and rarely has the offense had to come from behind.Last years run,has this years squad pumped as they have many more players to score on you.I love the thread about A.J. being slow????If you ain't SCARED then PLEEEEEEEESE kick /punt to him,or single cover him on defense.NUFF SAID.As for the Media they think 2 straight dist co-champs "L" Train raiders are the best thing since NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS,paper after paper.They have had 2 cinderella years in 20-4a but they cannot ever match up to the past yrs. in the Golden Triangle of the great teams of WOS-PNG-NED-WB-a few that come to mind.When this group of raiders graduate-incl.the 30 seniors already graduated that have played together since Jr.High- will the train derail?They have a pretty good coach the last 2 yrs.But he is not among a bunch of HC's of those teams listed above.GO BRONCOS IT IS YOURS TO TAKE.

I looked up IDIOT in the dictionairy and it says "see cowgirl 59"

Guest band of brothers

If Bronco fans are looking ahead it would be caused by Dayton's great coaching staff under Stewart.Many times in the past the Broncos had real good football teams in the playoff's and it was "VERY OBVIOUS" that Dayton was simply outcoached.Stewart's methods have moved the Broncos forward to a differant level of play-before Dayton never had back to back seasons w/1,800+ passing yds.The Broncos have always had real good defenses,and rarely has the offense had to come from behind.Last years run,has this years squad pumped as they have many more players to score on you.I love the thread about A.J. being slow????If you ain't SCARED then PLEEEEEEEESE kick /punt to him,or single cover him on defense.NUFF SAID.As for the Media they think 2 straight dist co-champs "L" Train raiders are the best thing since NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS,paper after paper.They have had 2 cinderella years in 20-4a but they cannot ever match up to the past yrs. in the Golden Triangle of the great teams of WOS-PNG-NED-WB-a few that come to mind.When this group of raiders graduate-incl.the 30 seniors already graduated that have played together since Jr.High- will the train derail?They have a pretty good coach the last 2 yrs.But he is not among a bunch of HC's of those teams listed above.GO BRONCOS IT IS YOURS TO TAKE.

wow! as soon as you compliment someone, you get these kind of posts!!?? why bash lumberton? cowgirl 59 do we have some sort of agenda? try this...warm milk, long nap  ;)

Careful bout the name callin now,this cowgirl don't play.Let's be nice and blog and let the football players decide who's who.When you get recognized in a magazine or a Ap Poll @ ranked by somebody then you can blog without hesitation cause somebody see's your accomplishments outside a local newspaper.

:o  :o  :o  :o LMAO

Careful bout the name callin now,this cowgirl don't play.Let's be nice and blog and let the football players decide who's who.When you get recognized in a magazine or a Ap Poll @ ranked by somebody then you can blog without hesitation cause somebody see's your accomplishments outside a local newspaper.

Did being recognized in that AP poll stop Friensdwood from putting the BEAT DOWN on Dayton ?

I doubt there have been many times that a Jerry Stewart coached team has been "simply outcoached." but feel free to enlighten me.

Media or no media, Dayton is not going to be beat by a team from this area. I love ya' Lions and I wish you well. I have spoken up for you all year in the 20-4A arena, even gone so far as to say that you may be the strongest team in the district RIGHT NOW but Dayton is not Nederland/Central/Vidor/Lumberton, etc. Dayton is all about ole' fashioned butt whippings. I think the Lions will hang for awhile, maybe even longer than some have, but the Broncos will wear you down and they will move on to the second round. Call that looking ahead but I call it making an informed decision. Good Luck next year in 20-4A Lions! The ugly loss to Lumberton this year should be just enough to start a good rivalry next season.

We certainly are looking ahead for this weeks game w/Livingston Lions.We won't take any team for granted as some earned the right to be there.We just do what we do,play 100% every snap.If the UIL wants to throw teams like Manor in w/3 wins & 7 losses,we will just get lots of playing time for non-starters.Look out Lions (slow)A.J. has some fast forward stuff to make you look pathetic.

Did being recognized in that AP poll stop Friensdwood from putting the BEAT DOWN on Dayton ?

You Lumberton guys keep bringing up Dayton's one loss this year to the top ranked area team. Who did your team lose to?

Well I suppose if pollsters have Dayton ranked 4th in pre-season polls-15th in current poll,in the Semi-final game against Kerrvill Tivy(By Texas Prep Insider.com) for 4A DIV.2-Put up Offensive#s over 3,800 yds.while allowing less than 14 points on DEFENSE per game-Punting 9 times in 7 games,I would tend to BELIEVE the BRONCOS got a little respect going.Blogging about it is just opinions yours and mine.I have looked at Dist.standings,stats,boxscores @ every web site available in dozens of areas in se texas and I see alot of teams pretty evenly matched(CHRON.COM).There will be some upsets coming in round #1.As for me do not see a roadblock in div.#2 for Dayton anytime soon.Dayton vs.Elgin/Montgomery winner rd.#2.

Well hello Bret.How is Donnie & Lynda?I know you well.Your Dad & my husband are best Friends.Bobby G .ring a bell.What I said was before Stewart's era.Dayton had smashmouth teams without great qb's  and we got beat & outcoached by others.I said Stewart has turned Dayton into better teams.

Please don't tell my parents that I was disrespecting my elders on a message board.  I'd hate to get grounded.

I guess I misread your post. Sorry I didn't  realize you were talking about 20 years ago or more when referring to "past playoff teams."  I thought we were talking about teams that were relevant to this conversation.  By "smashmouth" I assume you mean power running teams.  Here's a little newsflash for ya, nobody threw it 40 times a game back then.  The two times that Dayton made the playoffs in my lifetime(pre Stewart)

Dayton had two of the better Dayton QB's since I've been alive(one of them being Coach Wood).  Feel free to go down to the sideline Friday and tell Quinn he sucked, and let us know what he had to say about that.

Since you know me so well, give  me a call and we'll discuss this further.

Brett your brother Glen is named after my deceased brother Glen.Mutt's Gulf Station 1967.Your dad was my best man.How's Jr.Eaton,Duwayne(tigo)Wiladean,Penny,Theresea,Jackie.Believe me now?Talked to Gail awhile back @ Sour Lake.Donnie called me a few mos.ago,just got back from Vegas.Will I see you @ Conroe Sat.night?

just curious if anyone can answer this but why the past 2 years has dayton played there first round games at home and this year its at a neutral location

The teams either flip for home or they decide on a neutral location. The past two years dayton did a home and home with crosby. Remember, '06 was in Dayton and '07 was in Crosby.

just curious if anyone can answer this but why the past 2 years has dayton played there first round games at home and this year its at a neutral location

The teams either flip for home or they decide on a neutral location. The past two years dayton did a home and home with crosby. Remember, '06 was in Dayton and '07 was in Crosby.

oh yea thats right sry bout that i forgot they played in crosby last year i was at the game in 06 and then i was there when they played PNG last year ..i was thinkin the png game was the first playoff game for that year

Brett your brother Glen is named after my deceased brother Glen.Mutt's Gulf Station 1967.Your dad was my best man.How's Jr.Eaton,Duwayne(tigo)Wiladean,Penny,Theresea,Jackie.Believe me now?Talked to Gail awhile back @ Sour Lake.Donnie called me a few mos.ago,just got back from Vegas.Will I see you @ Conroe Sat.night?

Believe you about what?  That you know some people I'm related to?  Okay.  Yeah I'll be there Saturday night.  I'll be the one standing  beside Coach Wood. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder