**SETXsports Final Rankings**

It's Playoff Time!!!!!!!!  8)

Big School (5A-3A)

1. West Orange-Stark (Last Week’s Ranking: #2; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Orangefield 67-0)

2. Dayton (Last Week’s Ranking: #3; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Kingwood Park 41-0)

3. Beaumont West Brook (Last Week’s Ranking: #1; Last Week’s Results: Lost to North Shore 41-13)

4. Cleveland (Last Week’s Ranking: #4; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Splendora 51-14)

5. Lumberton (Last Week’s Ranking: #5; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Nederland 28-14)

6. Livingston (Last Week’s Ranking: #6; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Vidor 42-35)

7. Beaumont Central (Last Week’s Ranking: #8; Last Week’s Results: Defeated PN-G 16-0)

8. Silsbee (Last Week’s Ranking: #9; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Hardin-Jefferson 41-8)

9. Nederland (Last Week’s Ranking: #7; Last Week’s Results: Lost to Lumberton 28-14)

10. Jasper (Last Week’s Ranking: Not Ranked; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Center 40-25)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Small School (2A-Privates)

1. Kirbyville (Last Week’s Ranking: #1; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Newton 42-27)

2. Anahuac (Last Week’s Ranking: #3; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Buna 28-21)

3. Newton  (Last Week’s Ranking: #2; Last Week’s Results: Lost to Kirbyville 42-27)

4. Evadale (Last Week’s Ranking: #4; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Chester 55-14)

5. Hardin (Last Week’s Ranking: #5; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Deweyville 35-15)

6. Hull-Daisetta (Last Week’s Ranking: #6; Last Week’s Results: Defeated West Hardin 39-8)

7. East Chambers  (Last Week’s Ranking: #8; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Warren 55-6)

8. Buna (Last Week’s Ranking: #7; Last Week’s Results: Lost to Anahuac 28-21)

9. West Hardin (Last Week’s Ranking: #9; Last Week’s Results: Lost to Hull-Daisetta 39-8)

10. High Island (Last Week’s Ranking: #10; Last Week’s Results: Defeated Colmesneil 47-31)

Bobcatfan4life please explain why Hardin is ranked higher than Hull-Daisetta !!! Surely you know that Hull-Daisetta defeated (Beat) Hardin !!! It does not make sense !!! You don't have Hull-Daisetta ranked higher than Evadale. HD lost to Evadale and rightly so Evadale is ranked higher. Come on be fair to all teams !!!

???

HD beat Hardin by kicking three extra points to Hardin's none way back at the beginning of the season, all HD has done since then is beat a few teams that barely have a football program. No disrespect to the other teams in your district, but it has to be the weakest I've ever seen. I assure you that you don't won't any of Hardin right now. If you'll notice, nobody ever mentions HD when they talk about power house football or winning traditions.

HD beat Hardin by kicking three extra points to Hardin's none way back at the beginning of the season, all HD has done since then is beat a few teams that barely have a football program. No disrespect to the other teams in your district, but it has to be the weakest I've ever seen. I assure you that you don't won't any of Hardin right now. If you'll notice, nobody ever mentions HD when they talk about power house football or winning traditions.

bushpilot, why are you such an HD hater? Yeah, we beat Hardin by three points, but a win is a win. Hardin hasnt' beat anyone all season that has beat HD, the Bobcats have a better record than Hardin, and bottom line is HD beat Hardin head to head. I think that's plenty enough to be ranked higher. I think both teams have improved and it would be another great game. Coach Haynes has found the recipe for success at Hardin. Put a Hull-Daisetta kid at quarterback and let him go!! It worked with Jordan Nolan and now Myles Taylor is kickin some butt too. Add a great running back from Anahauc in Villamez and there ya go, Hardin is winning. Keep up the good work and good luck in the playoffs, but in all fairness I don't think the Hornets should be ranked ahead of the Cats either.

So you're saying that HD could actually compete in 23-AA? HD is great in the minds of HD, nowhere elso though, sorry to burst your bubble. Also, Mitch has been in Hardin since peewee football, Miles became what he is as a result of his dad making a good move and getting his son somewhere he can achieve, and Nolan would have excelled anywhere, but he really thrived once he got to Hardin. I hope his little brother gets out of Liberty and moves to Hardin too. No way is HD ranked higher than Hardin, you're district is weak and everyone knows it, that's why you're lower. One last thing, being from Hardin I'm required to be a HD hater, just like you've been taught all your life to be a Hardin hater. For the record though, I know several boys on the HD squad and coaches and in no way am I wishing any ill will towards the team.

So you're saying that HD could actually compete in 23-AA? HD is great in the minds of HD, nowhere elso though, sorry to burst your bubble. Also, Mitch has been in Hardin since peewee football, Miles became what he is as a result of his dad making a good move and getting his son somewhere he can achieve, and Nolan would have excelled anywhere, but he really thrived once he got to Hardin. I hope his little brother gets out of Liberty and moves to Hardin too. No way is HD ranked higher than Hardin, you're district is weak and everyone knows it, that's why you're lower. One last thing, being from Hardin I'm required to be a HD hater, just like you've been taught all your life to be a Hardin hater. For the record though, I know several boys on the HD squad and coaches and in no way am I wishing any ill will towards the team.

Yes I'm saying HD could compete in 23AA. I think beating the only two teams we played from the district confirms that, especially since one of them (Hardin) is a playoff representative. If we'd have got a shot at Kountze that was cancelled because of the hurricane, we'd have been 3-0 vs. 23AA opponents. I think that alone justifies the fact that the Bobcats could at least compete in the 2A district. HD does have a very good team this year, I know that and plenty of other folks, although some don't want to admit it know it as well. Hardin is pretty darn good this year too. I'm just saying if the two teams played again, it'd be a war like it always is, and could go either way.  Ohh well, who knows. I hope Hardin does well in the playoffs. It looks like they have the best draw in the playoffs.

Since the 1930's HD has been whooping Hardin. Hardin is and will always be the laughing stock of SE Texas football. Hardin will never have a winning football tradition. I see why Bushpilot and Hardin hate HD, Hardin fans have been watching in the shadows for years as HD has won state championships and lots of football games. Hardin football is a joke and that will never change !!! HD grows them bigger and better since the 30's partner !!! Good luck in baseball !!! I love seeing Hardin on our schedule !!! WINNER Winner Chicken Dinner !!! Let's not forget Cook out rushed Villamez and Stelly combined !!!

HD    27

Hardin 24

Like I said, you beat Hardin in the first game of the year, everybody beat Warren, and Kountze would have scored 7 touchdowns against ya'll. Again I hate to burst your bubble, but HD is not considered a threat to anybody higher than your weak district. You notice how everybody on here laughs when you talk about your "winning tradition", keep it up though, sometimes I need a good laugh too. Oh, and as far as Cook, he's a good 1A back, but I didn't see his name anywhere in the Chronicle yesterday among the leading rushers from all the area districts, maybe it was a miss print.

a win is a win everyone earned there spot but ya.

Guest baseball25

Didnt evadale win that district? And Deweyville beat evadale 26 to 6? Hardin beat dewey 35 to 15 hardin is a different team since aug 29th the last 3 games hardin avg 45 ppg yes hd did beat them but if they had to play again hardin dominates. Florida lost to ole miss this yr so does that make them better than florida? Hardin has made a big progress since aug 29th

Mr. Reality, I'm not sure what "ya" means but if you meant to say "you" then reality should be taken from your username. Hardin beat three 23-AA perinneal (spelling?) playoff teams and ended up the district runner-up, I would say we earned it. Anytime you beat the likes of EC and Buna alone, two teams that are always mentioned on here as teams to reckon with and always seem to make the playoffs, you earned your spot. We could make an argument about Evadale being ranked higher than us, but Evadale is a district champion that is putting it to a lot of people this year. Could they beat Hardin, who knows, anything could happen on any given night.

Didnt evadale win that district? And Deweyville beat evadale 26 to 6? Hardin beat dewey 35 to 15 hardin is a different team since aug 29th the last 3 games hardin avg 45 ppg yes hd did beat them but if they had to play again hardin dominates. Florida lost to ole miss this yr so does that make them better than florida? Hardin has made a big progress since aug 29th

You bring up a good point...I'm not going to mention any team other than Evadale because I watched them every week.  They are NOT the same team they were when the season started.  Don't read anything in to that...I'm simply saying Evadale believes now, and they started believing the week they were preparing for Hull.  When a team starts believing in themselves, they get pretty tough! 

This poll is like any other that does not have the teams playing each other.

I said earlier in the season, why don't we do one for each class, because. it is hard to compare different classifications. Hull beats Hardin early in the season, but Kountze beat Evadale. Is Hull better than Hardin, is Kountze better than Evadale. The only thing that is certain is both teams were better than the other on that night.

If you want accurate, check district stands up until playoffs, then you can check the bracket. It always happens that a high "ranking" team gets knocked off by a lesser team. By the rankings there is no way they should win, but they do! Take it a game at a time and if your team is playing in the middle of December then you will know just how good your team really is.

Congratulations to all the teams that are advancing in the playoffs. I personally hope that teams from our area bring home at least one division championship from each classification. Then the final final rankings could be really interesting.

Not to mention what it will do to the first poll in 2009!

Head to Head is only a piece of the puzzle.

Lay aside local teams where people have strong feelings.  Take this example from NCAA:

Oregon State (6-3) beat USC (8-1) early in the season.  It is not really valid to say that Oregon State should be ranked ahead of USC because they beat them.

Head to Head is only a piece of the puzzle.

Lay aside local teams where people have strong feelings.  Take this example from NCAA:

Oregon State (6-3) beat USC (8-1) early in the season.  It is not really valid to say that Oregon State should be ranked ahead of USC because they beat them.

very good point but it was my thoughts no one elses

I'm not even from HD and I know they always have a pretty good team. They might not go to state every year (like the amazing Hardin? HA!) but they do have a good program and always compete

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami