Texas-Texas Tech

Guest stangs97

i really hate games that end that way tho...texas fought hard to come back at the end only to have a missed tackle on crabtree end it...tough.....and the texas guy who dropped the interception is probabley feeling it right now.

Crabtree was from Dallas Carter, but I think he played QB, great recruiting job by Leach to see the stud receiver he could be.  He was a 4 sport athlete at DC.

Yea if only that kid had gotten that late interception..game over!!!...UGH..that game stunk. I hate games like that. Well not really...I like those types of games if they end the way I want them to end..lol but it didnt end the way I wanted it to..lol HORNS should have won that game. Great season though!

Season for the Horns isn't over yet.  I would say they drop to no lower than 4/5 and lots of football still to play.  They should be the highest rated one loss team at this point, so they would be waiting for One of Tech/Bama/Penn St to lose.  The most disgusting thing is that Penn St has nobody left on the schedule and really hasn't beaten anyone to date, the Big Ten stinks this year... but they will be in the BCS title game.  Vomit.

24x7, keen eye for the game.  Thomas blew that big time, shoulda lit him up and knocked the ball loose, or at least forced a fg attempt from a walk on kicker who kicks it low and just had one blocked. 

Guest gladiator2

Penny, you are right PSU will not lose but Bama and Tech will lose. We have to hope that they don't move Florida or OU ahead of us. I would love to see Tech lose the next 2 weeks and OU and OSU beat each other up because we will have the tiebreaker over either one of them. The polls love the SEC and Florida is trying to blow everyone out. I gotta feeling we are going to need them to lose.

Guest gladiator2

You gotta love being able to see howetown boys playing under the lights on the big stage. Beasley and Thomas have had some growing pains but this will only make them grow as football players and hopefully they can follow their former alum(K.Smith) to the pros.

This is the problem with the BCS, Florida got beat by Mississippi, nowhere near losing to Tech on the road after playing 3 straight top ranked teams.  Tech still has to play Ok St. and Oklahoma, there's a distinct possibility that this will come down to BCS rankings as the tiebreaker for who plays in the Big 12 Championship.

Well Tech starts theier gauntlet and we finished ours.  The BCS was kind putting us at 4, that was the first time i have seen it work.  The game was tough from the jump... Shipley missed a sure TD pass in the first, Beasly was picked on early but played well in the second. The early forth quarter pick by Colt was a heartbreaker.  I think Tech was vulnerable on the outside one-on-one but we were dinking and dunking.  Then Gideon missed that pick, knew we would loose then.  Last Thomas had a shot a putting a play on Crabtree but miss judged the angle, It looked as if Brown expected over the top help and did not play the ball tough.  All in all we lost to a top 10 team at their home and there isa no disgrace in that!

The people who vote in the polls are idiots.

Florida looses to an unranked SEC bottom feeder

OU looses to Texas

Texas looses to an undefeated top 5 on a last second play at their house

Yet some polls have those two ranked ahead of UT.

At least for know the BCS has Texas ahead, but when OU beats TT, they will move ahead of UT. The only thing that could save Texas' chance at a NC game is if TT looses to both OU and OSU, Bama looses and UT wins the Big 12 title game. That might catipolt them over OU in that scenario.

We need a playoff!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami