STJFL WEEK 6 SCORES

Txdragon

JR

LCM Gold 0

Lumberton White 51

OUCH!!!, now why did yall do that, we layed off them at 36 points

We did too...

After 3rd TD we put in 2nd string backs who scored another 2 then we put in an entire new 3rd string that scored 2 more with a safety.

And why do you feel the need to get on here and say this? To show your sportsmanship?  I'm sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't look at the youth section cuz it sickens me.  My bad.

You know just kinda wondering what everone else thought...when i was playing way back in the dark ages, to me it was always more embarassing for a team to lay off of us (at least noticeably) than it was for them to run the score up on us. Just wondering what others might think? I understand that kids may take it harder, although mine say the say thing (possibly jaded from their dad lol)...just looking for reaction and opinions. By the way i have NO connections with either of these teams lol.

JR

LCM Gold 0

Lumberton White 51

We did too...

After 3rd TD we put in 2nd string backs who scored another 2 then we put in an entire new 3rd string that scored 2 more with a safety.

And why do you feel the need to get on here and say this? To show your sportsmanship?  I'm sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't look at the youth section cuz it sickens me.  My bad.

JR

LCM Gold 0

Lumberton White 51

We did too...

No to find out why the score was run up, thank you very much !! there is no call for running up the score dragon and embarassing those kids, i mean they only had 2 subs on the sidelines and we could of kept them out on the field and wore them out

JR

LCM Gold 0

Lumberton White 51

We did too...

No to find out why the score was run up, thank you very much !! there is no call for running up the score dragon and embarassing those kids, i mean they only had 2 subs on the sidelines and we could of kept them out on the field and wore them out

You asked me what happened and I told you. We replaced the backs before we had to and our 3rd string O is entirely made up of players that don't get to play much... not because they're not any good, but because we have a big team. I'll move players around when we're up and even tell them to "just have fun", but I never tell them to lay down.

The other team was good. Their only problem I saw was was they only had a few subs as NewIndian pointed out but they also only had 1 coach on the field to help them out. They did the best they could with what they had.

Dragon:  Which team did we play a few weeks ago when we let up on them and didn't score? I know it was Nederland but I don't remember which "color" they were. Regardless, I stand by what I said that day on the field: What is the big deal ... let the other team score a TD or something; no need to have a blowout like that.  Not when you are dealing with kids this age.  Yes, it is good to win.  We all like to win.  It would not have hurt to allow the opposing team score.

I really think if the REFS had not told our team NO MORE SCORING then we would have continued to score.  I don't know, maybe its the mom in me but I really feel that there is no need to embarrass the kids with such high scores when they (the opposing team) is at "0" or some other score when there is NO chance of them winning.

Just my opinion so please, no one jump down my throat about it okay?  I've had a very bad morning and if you jump -- I promise -- I will jump right back at cha!  ;)  P.S.: anyone of you want to raise my 13 year old for a day or so?  He is sooo being bad right now!!!!

JR

LCM Gold 0

Lumberton White 51

Let me get something straight. People always crying about running the score up. If anybody could run the score up on WOS they will and i promise nobody would say anything. That includes the STJFL board. Other teams are happy when the score more than 14 points on WOS. WOS teaches there kids to go full speed on every play winning or losing. Nederland put up 51 points on our Senior White Team a couple of weeks ago. Did your hear anything about running the score up on them? No so what's all the fuss for but as soon as WOS put up numbers like that  the refs, other team coaches, and the STJFL board wants to hold a meet on WOS.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

We did too...

Well all I can say is that our team would never score that many, and believe me we could have.

JR

LCM Gold 0

Lumberton White 51

We did too...

Queen, it is my understanding that the order came from the coaches not the refs.

Dragon:  Which team did we play a few weeks ago when we let up on them and didn't score? I know it was Nederland but I don't remember which "color" they were. Regardless, I stand by what I said that day on the field: What is the big deal ... let the other team score a TD or something; no need to have a blowout like that.  Not when you are dealing with kids this age.  Yes, it is good to win.  We all like to win.  It would not have hurt to allow the opposing team score.

I really think if the REFS had not told our team NO MORE SCORING then we would have continued to score.  I don't know, maybe its the mom in me but I really feel that there is no need to embarrass the kids with such high scores when they (the opposing team) is at "0" or some other score when there is NO chance of them winning.

Just my opinion so please, no one jump down my throat about it okay?  I've had a very bad morning and if you jump -- I promise -- I will jump right back at cha!   ;)  P.S.: anyone of you want to raise my 13 year old for a day or so?  He is sooo being bad right now!!!!

Queen, it is my understanding that the order came from the coaches not the refs.

Just my opinion so please, no one jump down my throat about it okay?  I've had a very bad morning and if you jump -- I promise -- I will jump right back at cha!   ;)  P.S.: anyone of you want to raise my 13 year old for a day or so?  He is sooo being bad right now!!!!

Okay; my bad.  I thought it came from the refs.

One of the problems is that we are judged by how many points we give up and not how many we score. With a tight season like this there is a risk associated with giving up a TD rather than just changing the backfield. Because of the the loss of Orangfield we are still not sure what the playoff rules are going to be.

I have had winning seasons and losing seasons and certainly know what it feels like to lose a 30+ game. But, I could tell when a coach was making an attempt to be fair or just running up the score at every chance. We were certainly not trying to humiliate any kids this weekend... That's not why I signed up as a coach.

BTW: Queenb - I'll take your 13 yo boy for as long as you'll take my 9, 5, & 2 yo boys...

One of the problems is that we are judged by how many points we give up and not how many we score. With a tight season like this there is a risk associated with giving up a TD rather than just changing the backfield. Because of the the loss of Orangfield we are still not sure what the playoff rules are going to be.

I have had winning seasons and losing seasons and certainly know what it feels like to lose a 30+ game. But, I could tell when a coach was making an attempt to be fair or just running up the score at every chance. We were certainly not trying to humiliate any kids this weekend... That's not why I signed up as a coach.

BTW: Queenb - I'll take your 13 yo boy for as long as you'll take my 9, 5, & 2 yo boys...

;D

The problem is on most teams the backups want to know what it likes to score also. Hard to tell a kid to lay down. Also, i understand what your saying with giving up touchdowns involved in the tiebreakers. That's why the coches make the big bucks! Upps, your volunteer..my bad (smile).

thats what im trying to say, we could have put up so many more points this year than we have but our coach has alot of class and pulls all of our starters on "O" and "D". ill take toke your 13 if youll take my 6 yo daughter with an attitude from h*ll, shes a green eyed monster right now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder