Rebels Night to Remember

October 31 will be fondly remembered by all Evadale Rebel fans as the night of Champions.

First the Lady Rebel volleyball team completed its regular season as the #1 seed from District 23A. While tied for the district championship with West Hardin and Goodrich on the 31st they defeated Goodrich to claim the top spot and with a 22 and 4 record with only one loss to a 1A school among those four losses it it looking good for a deep Lady Rebel run into the playoffs. The Lady Rebels will have a warm up game on Monday or Tuesday and then start their playoff run late in the week, probably on Friday night.

The Rebel football team silenced all doubts about the preseason rankings they received as the #1 team in District 23A. The Rebels are 5 and 0 and the only undefeated team in the district after defeating the West Hardin Oilers 16 to 0. Once again the Rebel defense was a beast as the Oilers were held to under 100 yards of total offense with Tyler Copeland accounting for just a few yards over 50 for his total yardage on the night. It was a total team effort on both sides of the ball. The Oiler rushing offense was held to -31 on the night. And the Oilers did not get a first down until the second quarter and then they only got one. The Oilers only had 84 yards passing and one int. The Rebels continue to be a grind it out ball control offense that racked up over 300 yards of total offense with 295 of that on the ground. Justin Crain continues to gain large chunks of yardage week in and week out. He had 163 yards on 20 carries and a touchsown against the Oilers. Junior Shelby Stanley had 82 yards on 14 carries for 82 yards and a touchdown. The Rebels continue to gets points even when the offence does get stopped as Josh Swift kicked another field goal last night which brings him to five out of six on the season.

So in years to come I believe that everyone will remember October 31, 2008 as the night when the Lady Rebels and the Rebels got all the treats and they gave nothing but the tricks to everyone else.

I know you guys in the upper classifications can look down on those of us in 1A. Thats OK we just take our shots when we can get them and this year the only time the Rebels and the Hawks were on the same field it was those 1A Rebels that hung the L on your beloved Hawks.

Could be different the next time, but thats the fact the last time NWhizzle!

I know you guys in the upper classifications can look down on those of us in 1A. Thats OK we just take our shots when we can get them and this year the only time the Rebels and the Hawks were on the same field it was those 1A Rebels that hung the L on your beloved Hawks.

Could be different the next time, but thats the fact the last time NWhizzle!

naw its not that its just i always pull for colmesneil but its cool and i hope your not saying that evadale can beat hj  ???

I'm not trying to pick a fight all I know is that on any given night if everything goes right for one team and everything goes wrong for the other stranger things have been known to happen. Doesn't there always seem to be a couple of just off the wall upsets in every season?

Evadale beat HJ probably not, but like I said strange things do happen sometimes.

Good Luck to HJ and Colmesneil on the rest of the season and throughout the rest of this year.

I'm not trying to pick a fight all I know is that on any given night if everything goes right for one team and everything goes wrong for the other stranger things have been known to happen. Doesn't there always seem to be a couple of just off the wall upsets in every season?

Evadale beat HJ probably not, but like I said strange things do happen sometimes.

Good Luck to HJ and Colmesneil on the rest of the season and throughout the rest of this year.

dido  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder