Question for W.O.S Football

jimbob82

I am just asking a question, not trying to be wise guy.  Why don't W.O.S opt to play up in 4A football, rather than play in the 3A district there in.  My understanding is that a team can opt up a level , but not opt down.  I don't know.  Maybe somebody can shed some light on the subject.  Thanks

I am just asking a question, not trying to be wise guy.  Why don't W.O.S opt to play up in 4A football, rather than play in the 3A district there in.  My understanding is that a team can opt up a level , but not opt down.  I don't know.  Maybe somebody can shed some light on the subject.  Thanks

y would u wanna do that? why not play in 3a and have a better chance, than play in 4a and play tougher teams? ??? that doesn't make sense.

They would probably be very successful playing the 4A teams in this area, but would run into serious depth problems once in the playoffs.  Another thing to consider is that if they opted to play up, that would kill the other sports other than football.  Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Tennis, Softball, everything would suffer, although i think they'll be fine in Football and Track.

Teams that opt to play up are at the top end of the cut off numbers and would not be effected that much imo.WO-S is closer to 2A numbers than they are 4A. I think.They might have been able to do that the first two years but now the numbers are to far apart and they are still falling.They would compete for a while but would get worn down in the end for lack of numbers.

Are there teams that actually do this?

I know teams do it in the El Paso area because of travel issues.

El Paso has like 16 or 17 high schools within the city limits, not including the surrounding areas.  They have 1 5a and 2 4a districts in the area.  Travel is a problem, as the closest major Texas city area is Midland-Odessa, over 200 miles away.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83