WOS' Concerns Heading Into The Playoffs

Guest wos grad

Guest wos grad

Source: Gary Stelly kogt.com

The Mustangs needed to make an impression to the other teams around the state that don’t get to see them and the Cardinals (66-7) and Hamshire-Fannett (66-0) were the ones standing in their way.

Will the Hawks be added to that list?  History says yes.  WOS has outscored H-J 238-16 in their four meetings, scoring more than 60 points in each of the last three games against the Hawks.

Despite their district domination, I don’t know if the Mustangs are the well oiled machine their record represents.

Quintavious Garrett has not been the same since his 300 yard rushing game to open the season against Nederland.  WOS football has to have a solid rushing game to be successful in the playoffs, which can be said for just about every team.  Whether it’s him or the offensive line, it’s a concern for the coaching staff.

Quarterback Ortavious Hypolite has certainly picked up his game both on the ground and in the air.  The senior doesn’t throw much but when he does it’s usually for big gains.  Trey Franks has been on the receiving end of most of those long passes and has become a big threat.

The special teams and defense has been a big part of the Mustangs success.  Both have accounted for five touchdowns through six games which is phenomenal.

Guest wos grad

http://www.kogt.com/kogt_airplay.htm

The Mustangs needed to make an impression to the other teams around the state that don’t get to see them and the Cardinals (66-7) and Hamshire-Fannett (66-0) were the ones standing in their way.

Will the Hawks be added to that list?  History says yes.  WOS has outscored H-J 238-16 in their four meetings, scoring more than 60 points in each of the last three games against the Hawks.

Despite their district domination, I don’t know if the Mustangs are the well oiled machine their record represents.

Quintavious Garrett has not been the same since his 300 yard rushing game to open the season against Nederland.  WOS football has to have a solid rushing game to be successful in the playoffs, which can be said for just about every team.  Whether it’s him or the offensive line, it’s a concern for the coaching staff.

Quarterback Ortavious Hypolite has certainly picked up his game both on the ground and in the air.  The senior doesn’t throw much but when he does it’s usually for big gains.  Trey Franks has been on the receiving end of most of those long passes and has become a big threat.

The special teams and defense has been a big part of the Mustangs success.  Both have accounted for five touchdowns through six games which is phenomenal.

Guest wos grad

IT HAS TO GET FIXED OR EVEN A FIRST ROUND ELIMANITION IS POSSIBLE. THE OFFENSIVE LINE HAS GOT TO GET BETTER FIRST THEN THE PLAYCALLING NEXT. WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO THROW THE BALL ON FIRST DOWN MORE TO KEEP THE DEFENSES LOOSE, NOT BOMBS EITHER. ALSO ARE GOING TO HAVE TO ADD MORE SHORT PASSES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE TOURNMENT.

WOS football has to have a solid rushing game to be successful in the playoffs, which can be said for just about every team. 

I'm with Gary on this.Though we have put up big numbers there is something about the offense that concerns me...Lack of sustained drives.If you live off big plays only you're going to get shut down sooner or later.We will find out in the playoffs.

The Ref doesn't seem to be able to view the reality. The UMP here knows how to make the call and knows what he sees and I will tell you HJ will not score more than 14 and I think that number will be 7. WOS will put up at least 48. HJ does not have the overall team speed to match up. Newton scored how many??  Anahuac scored how many? HJ scored 21 on HF. For this game to even be close would be something that would have to be some extremely surprising plays.

the mustangs do have a problem we that sit in the stands on friday night can see this.OK you might say skipper you need to see a doctor but its true. wo-s is a  BIG PLAY TEAM everyone knows this we see it every friday night dont we mustang fans. the mustang (MUST) find away to  get garrett going agan ,yes everyone is keying on the kid not hard to see that and for a running back like garrett it takes a little of his  heart out of the game and YES the OL NEEDS HELP.west orange stark is NOT a BIG football team as u that have seen them will tell you so ,BUT THE TEAM SPEED is super.to me the passing game  needs to find a (SHORT PASSING GAME) just not the BOMB------------- sorry about the spelling i just hate that spell checker

WOS87 has posted more stats than carter has pills about this years high scoring WOS offense compared to prior years. He also threw in for good measure point spreads of victories over opponents since Coach McCarty. They are off the chart.

The stangs are 3rd ranked in the state and undefeated. We score 50 and lose, and we are excited as hell to be going to Vidor.

Loosen up Stang fans, enjoy the ride.   

WOS87 has posted more stats than carter has pills about this years high scoring WOS offense compared to prior years. He also threw in for good measure point spreads of victories over opponents since Coach McCarty. They are off the chart.

The stangs are 3rd ranked in the state and undefeated. We score 50 and lose, and we are excited as heck to be going to Vidor.

Im with you admin. 95% of teams in Southeast Texas would love to have WO-S' "problems" on offense. I know my Indians would

Guest wos grad

But these problems will kill us again in the Playoffs. I understand what you fellows are saying by looking at the scores but we will have to add a few more plays if we want to be successful in the playoff tournment. And get away from that dumb sideline pass. Throw more short passes on first down for Heavens sake.

But these problems will kill us again in the Playoffs. I understand what you fellows are saying by looking at the scores but we will have to add a few more plays if we want to be successful in the playoff tournment. And get away from that dumb sideline pass. Throw more short passes on first down for Heavens sake.

I would also like to see more pass plays in the middle of the field.

The stangs are 3rd ranked in the state and undefeated. We score 50 and lose, and we are excited as heck to be going to Vidor.

Yes we have put up some big numbers but I just think they are deceiving.A lot of those numbers have come from special teams and the defense.We have been tested only once and that from a struggling Silsbee team which took us to overtime.Where was that high scoring offense then.Yes I'm concerned going into the playoffs.As for the # 3 ranking...I think it is a little high at this point in time.

Oh we will enjoy the ride but it has been kind of like the rodeo and we keep getting bucked off before the full eight seconds. ;D

Let the GURU make some since of this!  The Mustangs should throw the ball short, but not to side.  They should throw the ball in the middle, but not deep in the middle.  They should throw the ball on first down, but not to the side or deep.  Come on guys!  I have seen a few Mustang games this year and trust me they seemed pretty successful at what they are doing!  You are going to have big plays on every level, look at last years Patriots.  Sometimes on offense you just have to take advantage of what the defense is not good at. 

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

You guys' OL looked good against us. What happened to the OL?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami