2008 District 20-4A Playoff Scenarios

Guest gladiator2

I have to say this is the most competitive district in the state and not the Best. As everyone knows when you get into the playoffs teams have very good run defenses and that will spell doom for area teams. Another deciding factor on how each team will do will depend on which bracket they get. If a couple of teams can get a favorable bracket than there is a possibility that a team or two can make it to the 2nd round. I hope I am wrong!

Here's another strange scenario.

Even Vidor or Nederland have the potential to become co-district champions with bragging right.  By bragging rights I will explain.  There are scenarios that could leave 4 teams tied for first at 5-2.  In one of these scenarios Vidor wins out (1 game being against Livinston), Lumberton loses 1 of its last 2 games,  Livingston beats Central, Cental beats PNG.  Just looking at these four teams head to head (not using points), Vidor and Lumberton have beaten 2 of the opposing co-champs with Vidor having the head-to-head win over Lumberton.  Livingston and Central have have beaten 1 of the opposing with Livingston having the head-to-head win over Central.

Hence, in could be...

1-Vidor (5-2)

2-Lumberton (5-2)

3-Livingston (5-2)

4-Central (5-2)

Again, unless you go to points.

Yes, I had too much time on my hands last weekend.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami