Lamar Football

Guest titan

Billy Tubbs has road games to SLU and McNeese scheduled. May get another SLC game or two (possibly more, if the conference shows flexibility), but that's about all she wrote because of the SLC schedule.

LU is playing the toughest schedule of a new squad -- much tougher than South Alabama, which is the worst I've seen and more than likely, a few notches above Old Dominion.

ive heard rumors that the first year schedule will include georgia st,hawaii,s alabama,sam,mcneese and se la.

SLU and McN are in. Those are road games from what I have been told. We know for a fact McNeese is.

SHSU has three OOC football games in 2010 -- at Baylor, at WIU and home vs Prairie View. SHSU is also playing Gardner-Webb at home in 2010, if I am not mistaken at home, so we may be booked. Could be playing G-W in 2009 at home, but I do not think we are. SHSU was rumored to play LU, but the PV series got back up because of Ike. I mentioned this a few weeks ago...

Hawaii is not in. They could not play you guys in 2010 as you would NOT count towards bowl eligibility. That's why you will not get an FBS opponent in year one. They already have an FCS opponent in 2009 (UCA) and 2010 (North Dakota). It'd be stupid to play a second one in 2010, especially one that does not account (incase they somehow lost to UND), for bowl eligibility.

South Alabama and Georgia St have been talked about and make absolute sense. I hope you guys got home-and-homes with both.

I just hope you guys get a nice balance -- 0 home, 2 away thus far. Home games will probably be half FCS and half sub-Div I.

Guest coachacola

Coach Woodard was on the radio a few weeks ago and he said Lamar is under contract to play 4 SLC teams the first year, along with Georgia State in the Georgia Dome.

How good are they going to be?  I agree with badndn on this: 

Who cares right away? Don't expect big things in the first few years. Just expect improvement.

Coach Woodard was on the radio a few weeks ago and he said Lamar is under contract to play 4 SLC teams the first year, along with Georgia State in the Georgia Dome.

Wonder if that means that Lamar is opening up with four straight SLC opponents or if the SLC made some flexibility occur to help the Cards get four SLC opponents in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124