*Memorial vs. Sterling Updates*/STERLING WINS!!!

OK he is the Coach that came down from Jacksonville right? Good to see Sterling back in the money and good luck.

im not sure where he is from, that was after i graduated but when i was off at college when they hired him so i wasnt around, i just know he appears to be doing better than the coaches they had before...

Minyard came from Jacksonville, I believe, with Coach Long, who only coached one year.  The PAM game was closer than it should have been.  Sterling started the game minus two starters on the offensive line, and lost their center early in the game.  This kept them from using their power game, which would have been effective against the faster PAM defense.  If they don't get these linemen back for the North Shore game, it will make for a VERY long night.

Minyard came from Jacksonville, I believe, with Coach Long, who only coached one year.  The PAM game was closer than it should have been.  Sterling started the game minus two starters on the offensive line, and lost their center early in the game.  This kept them from using their power game, which would have been effective against the faster PAM defense.  If they don't get these linemen back for the North Shore game, it will make for a VERY long night.

it also seemed we had wide open receivers in the middle of the field all night long....but the QB was overthrowing them due to the fact that port arthur was in his face about the time the snap got to him, if we had our starting linemen i'd guess he'd complete at least 2 of those many opportunities for a couple more TDs....but, i got to give it to port arthur they were on our QB every play, its amazing he made it through the game w/o getting hurt...

Keagan is a tough kid, he said they were blitzing from the weak side and there wasn't anyone to pick them up.  The PAM defense was the fastest we have seen, North Shore doesn't appear to have the same speed but are a lot bigger.  If we can slow down the rush, big if, Keagan may have that little bit more time to hit the receivers.  Haven't heard about the health of the line yet.  We were playing, in some cases, third and fourth string linemen during the PAM game, I sincerely hope that we are able to get some linemen back.  North Shore should be a measuring stick for a possible first round match up with Pearland.

Memorial may not make the playoffs.

"Freakin' un-ba-leave-a-ble!  Dis is 'Morial, main!  Dey can't stop us!  We wuz once tree skools, now we iz one skool!"

Whoaaaaaaaaaa! (deep enhale of 20th cig in one hour)

Funny thing about that, when we had 3 schools, I don't think any lost to REL.  We were 3a so that rules us out.  Don't know how many times they played Lincoln if any, and TJ owned them.

If you guys listen to Boob West on 560 am on Wednesday nights, I will try to get on the radio, challange him to man up, and run RTG out of time since he was his main supporter for him to get the job....

ok SFA85, i didnt say anything the first time since i thought it was oversight but apparantly you think REL = Sterling....Baytown Lee = REL = Robert E Lee High School, Baytown Sterling = RSS = Ross S Sterling High School....PAM just lost to RSS, they have yet to play REL....I dont know about before 1994 but according to collier-sharp RSS was 4-0 against Port Arthur Jefferson from 1994-1997, in that same time Lee was 4-0 against Jefferson as well....

Keagan is a tough kid, he said they were blitzing from the weak side and there wasn't anyone to pick them up.  The PAM defense was the fastest we have seen, North Shore doesn't appear to have the same speed but are a lot bigger.  If we can slow down the rush, big if, Keagan may have that little bit more time to hit the receivers.  Haven't heard about the health of the line yet.  We were playing, in some cases, third and fourth string linemen during the PAM game, I sincerely hope that we are able to get some linemen back.  North Shore should be a measuring stick for a possible first round match up with Pearland.

hopefully the Sterling Coach shows the guys the game film when Sterling beat Katy in 1999, just proves who wants it more can win the game even if the other team has more talent....

Memorial may not make the playoffs.

"Freakin' un-ba-leave-a-ble!  Dis is 'Morial, main!  Dey can't stop us!  We wuz once tree skools, now we iz one skool!"

Whoaaaaaaaaaa! (deep enhale of 20th cig in one hour)

Funny thing about that, when we had 3 schools, I don't think any lost to REL.  We were 3a so that rules us out.  Don't know how many times they played Lincoln if any, and TJ owned them.

If you guys listen to Boob West on 560 am on Wednesday nights, I will try to get on the radio, challange him to man up, and run RTG out of time since he was his main supporter for him to get the job....

:D

ok SFA85, i didnt say anything the first time since i thought it was oversight but apparantly you think REL = Sterling....Baytown Lee = REL = Robert E Lee High School, Baytown Sterling = RSS = Ross S Sterling High School....PAM just lost to RSS, they have yet to play REL....I dont know about before 1994 but according to collier-sharp RSS was 4-0 against Port Arthur Jefferson from 1994-1997, in that same time Lee was 4-0 against Jefferson as well....

Sorry, I didn't mean to get the Geese confused with the Rangers.  Didn't know RSS was 4-0 against TJ in the mid 90's so again I stand corrected. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124