Senior Nederland Black plays Senior WOS BLue

jmk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I must say that the game was settled on the field, but everything that was said about both teams on this board proved to be true.  Yes, both team are very good, and YES, Nederland does have just as much team speed as WOS.  WOS won, but the Nederland boys don't have anything to hold their heads down about.  They fought really hard, and that #22, and 25 can flat out fly.  Also, #55 on defense is a beast.  This team was well coached.  I saw alot of things that you don't see much at this age, like trap blocking - that was very effective.  I was also impressed by that kicker, I have never seen a kid kick that well in little league.  Someone mentioned #4 for WOS, I agree he is good, but I was more impressed with the QB - #2.  This kid is an absolute stud, and quite possibly the best kid in the league.  WOS had there chances to pull away in the first half, but couldn't put it away.  That fumbled snap on the 3 yard line hurt them bad.  I think that another reason that this game stayed as close as it did was because for whatever reason WOS coaches did not call #2 number enough.  If you were at the game then you know what I'm talking about.  He made some big plays when they call his number, and more importantly he protected the ball.  I think #4 was just tired when he fumbled in the fourth.  Overall I was impressed with both teams and both coaching staffs.  Very physical, hard hitting game from both sides.  And when it was over and the kids went to shake hands, I could see that both teams had earned each others respect.  I hope they meet in the playoffs.  Good luck to both teams.  Good game.  Oh yeah, Nederland had about 8 timeouts in that fouth quarter. LOL. Please get those kids off of the clock next time.  They almost started a riot. LOL

Hat's off to WOS senior blue on the win, they earned it . Nederland black showed why they will be contenders for the title with a great come back that fell just a little short. Nederland stood toe to toe with what appeared to be a david vs goliath situation and held their own. Both teams are fast and hard hitting, I hope we see a rematch in the playoffs. 

Our SR team has played WOS Blue and scrimmaged against SR Black.

I would not bet anything that I cherished on WOS this weekend. ;D

It should be a great game but gotta go with Nederland in this one. 8) 8)

I hope you didn't lose anything you cherished!  ;D

player66, dogs83 and all of the other posters, aren't you going to congratulate the Sr. Mustangs. As I understand it Nederland was a very good team and hopefully we will get to see them again and I will be able to make that game.

I would like to congratulate both WOS-Blue and Nederland Black Senior teams. That was a great game played Saturday by both teams. Both teams have great youth athletes that played their hearts out. Both coaching staffs did a great job also.

great game from two great teams..19-16 WOS gets this one :(Nederland gives up 5 turn-overs >:(WOS gives up 2....maybe 3..#4 for WOS is a stud..I still say Nederland has more overall team speed and the fastest individual in the league..Should be a great match up later in the season

The fastest player in the league may player in Nederland, but not on black ;D

TD - I do not have a dog in the hunt (no pun intended), but I will say WOS has great team and played a great game. It takes two to tango, so the dogs played well also. I think that game was a preview of the championship! Hats off to WOS.

Hats off to the dogs too. I hope you are right about the Super Bowl and I hope I get to see this one. Apparently both teams played great, which is what you want in this type of match-up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83