Hemphill vs. Kirbyville predictions

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Hemphill fell a bit short in their district opener, I'm proud of how the Hornets played against San Augustine.  This group of kids gave their all and played with a tremendous amount of heart.  Coach Hall has done a tremendous job the past few years and the young men that go through his program are the better for it.  Good Luck Hornets.  Better days are on the horizon.

As for Kirbyville, Coach Alvarez runs a quality program.  Good Luck to the Wildcats as they continue their quest for that coveted 'STATE CHAMPIONSHIP'.

Guest rykerx144

35-0 end of first with starters

41- somtime in 2nd when jv players get put in

score at end of 3rd 55-0 and Jack starts putting anyone he can find off the bench thats willing not to score so he dont have to listen people complain about running the score up this week

final 55-6

Coach Alvarez has too much respect for Coach Hall of Hemphill to run it up--but the reserves want to show what they are able to do also, so it's difficult to keep the score down at times.  I know Hemphill will play hard 'til the tick of the clock.

Am waiting for track season so I can watch Coach Stapert show his hurdling skills--lol

SA 28 - 24.  Hemp led into 4th quarter until ball knocked loose on reception by hemp receiver and recovered by SA.  Hemp had 1 more opportunity recovering fumble by Sa on the 13 yard line going in.  Good ball game--best performance by the Hornets all year.  Am going to sound like AGGIE now--wait til next year--lol

all this talk about running up the score. yet the team still NEEDS PRACTICE

looking at all different types of plays not running against their own team in practice.

whats the point in going half speed in games just to pad the score and send the

other team home hqppy in a VARSITY contest? what good did all those difficult opponets

in pre season do them then? play soft through all their district games til newton and

they will be in shape as if they were playing 1A schools and be far less confident in what they CAN do

Guest rykerx144

KVille starters 35 Hemphill 0

KVille bench 17 Hemphill 6 (at some point in the 3rd quarter)

TOTAL 52-6...Wildcats roll!!!

Starters usually get to play for three quarters.  They earned it. 

But when you do that you end up scoring 60 70 points and you get criticized for running up the score so what do you do?

KVille starters 35 Hemphill 0

KVille bench 17 Hemphill 6 (at some point in the 3rd quarter)

TOTAL 52-6...Wildcats roll!!!

Starters usually get to play for three quarters.  They earned it. 

But when you do that you end up scoring 60 70 points and you get criticized for running up the score so what do you do?

Like I have said in a previous thread...danged if you do; danged if you don't!  It's a lose-lose situation for Jack.

i say you play your first team till the end of the 3rd then put in the second team,but with kville the second team is as good as the first team so there aint nothing you can do about not scoring guess just run the ball and keep the time ticking if you score 80 then you do!!! congrats cats on a great season so far lets keep it up!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder