WHO GOES IN 20 4A AFTER THIS WEEK???

Guest Luv Ya Blue

I predict that four teams will make the playoffs and LCM will not be one of them.

You sure you want to go that far out on that limb? hahahahah After tonight it is going to be very interesting to see who wants the last 2 spots. Nobody is laying down this season. Looks like Ned is rolling, The L-Train got its swagger back, and from there back who knows....

Guest Uhhh What?

L TRAIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who goes??

Stlill loving that signature line Luv ya Blue,  tell me again what Lumberton's record is against Vidor.  Oh yeah I remember, yall have lost 10 out of 14 against the Pirates.  We own you!!!  But then again, does Lumberton have a winning record against any school in Southeast Texas, that would be a good homework assignment for you.  Im guessing it would take a while to find a team that a Lumberton fan could honestly say "They finally beat us" ;D ;D ;D

Oh and by the way, no one gets in after week 3 of District.

Personally, the only team I see that doesn't appear (at this time) to have a shot is LC-M. Beyond that, anything goes...On a more personal level...I believe Lumberton will win out (with the exception of a possible loss to Nederland...we'll see).

Best shots right now to me are: (in no particular order)

Lumberton - if they stay healthy

Nederland - currently the favorite

When the pile is cleared, we'll see who's left holding the ball...Could be any of the remaining teams except (probably) LC-M...sorry Battlin' Bears...just doesn't look good this year.

DISCLAIMER!!! - I could be totally wrong....Don't bet the house on this...This is 20-4A (HA)

Who goes??

Stlill loving that signature line Luv ya Blue,  tell me again what Lumberton's record is against Vidor.  Oh yeah I remember, yall have lost 10 out of 14 against the Pirates.  We own you!!!  But then again, does Lumberton have a winning record against any school in Southeast Texas, that would be a good homework assignment for you.  Im guessing it would take a while to find a team that a Lumberton fan could honestly say "They finally beat us" ;D ;D ;D

Last time I checked, it doesn't matter about who won the games in the past...It matters who wins the games that counts! Both vidor and lumberton played games last nite that they needed to win. Now I could be a big @$$ and rub it in, but what is the point? Time to quit looking in the rearview and start moving forward.

As far as who makes it in the final 4....their was lots of unexpected upsets lastnite that I am sure will probably cause some headaches for determining that at the end of the district run. A few more weeks and we soon shall know.

Oh and I agree with you Scooter! 

[move]OU sucks! GO HORNS!![/move]

Who goes??

Last time I checked, it doesn't matter about who won the games in the past...It matters who wins the games that counts! Both vidor and lumberton played games last nite that they needed to win. Now I could be a big @$$ and rub it in, but what is the point? Time to quit looking in the rearview and start moving forward.

As far as who makes it in the final 4....their was lots of unexpected upsets lastnite that I am sure will probably cause some headaches for determining that at the end of the district run. A few more weeks and we soon shall know.

Oh and I agree with you Scooter! 

[move]OU sucks! GO HORNS!![/move]

EXACTLY.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

My gut is telling me that this district title race may end up coming down to the Lumberton at Nederland game. I believe Lumberton can & should win their next three games but Nederland will be a tough one, especially at their house. It just depends on how Nederland does against Central, Livingston, & Vidor. I don't think they have really been tested yet by a good defense and a good running game.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I just think Nederland is still an unknown at this point because of who they have played. I know they have looked good and I'm not saying they aren't good, I just don't know yet. I think the Central game will say a lot as to where they stand in this district.

OK this may be a little bit of a long post but here goes my shot at who and where....

Take District leaders Big Ned (3-1) 3-0 first..

They have seem to have found a gem in Grogan to go along with their passing attack. They have beaten Ozen, LC-M and PN-G. From what I am reading Mr. Nueman and the Dogs did a respectful thing in LC-M and I commend them for this. First some people they shouldn't have but in the long run it will help them because it gave their 2nd string back some game time, which will be good if anyone goes down with injury they will have a bit of experience to help.  Left to play are in this order Central, Livingston, Vidor and Lumberton... These teams have some decent defenses and should really test Big Ned. If they are as good as they seem to be they may win out.

Next Lumberton (4-1) 2-1....

Lost to a scrappy Vidor team. But put it on Central and Livingston. They have some very talented young men and if they keep their heads on straight could make a deep run into the playoffs. They bounced back from the loss and put the train back on the tracks and look to have done it with some authority, They have been through the tough part of their schedule with Ozen, PN-G, LC-M and Then Big Ned left to play. Atleast 2 of them games they should handle pretty easy with only Ned putting them on the test line, Unless PN-G turns it around ( which is always possible ). I believe 20-4A is either won by the Raiders or Big Ned at this point.

Now from here it gets a little sketchy as no one from this point has shown any consistency in their play....

Central (3-2) 2-1 Won a close one against Vidor, and got ran over by the train. They are a young team, with some talent on both sides of the football. They have some hard games left to play 1 is a big rivalry against Ozen, which could go either way. In these type games you can throw out the records... Central should pull this off but they have to take care of business, they first have to go through Big Ned which seems balanced.. this game could turn into a barn burner or come down to a defensive battle... have to see how Central matches up against big Neds Passing attack... they also have Livingston left and who knows I think this will be a very close game and not real sure who will come out on top. From watching Central and just reading about Livingston this seems to be a evenly matched contest, they finish with PN-G who could have some rhythm by this game... another who knows for me at this time..

Livingston (2-2) 2-1 was thumped by Lumberton but have bounced back against Ozen and PN-G to get the roar back in their voice. I do not know much about them other than what I have read on this forum. From Lumberton beating them they have trouble with the running game on defense and a good defense will keep them down, they have LC-M Ned Central and then Vidor left to play which are 3 decent defenses and some scrappy offenses to which could cause troubles for them..

PN-G  (3-2) 1-2 lost to Big Ned and Livingston, they haven't shown the team I thought they would be this year. Already have 2 losses and still have to play Vidor, Lumberton, Ozen and Central. So pretty much every game for them from here on out is going to be an elimination game. They have to turn it on and leave it on. As always they have the potential to do just that.... one slip and boom its lights out..

Vidor (3-2) 1-2 Lost a tight one to Central and waited way to late against Ozen to turn it on. They have to hold on to the football. they had 5 turnovers against Ozen who took it to the house on first 2 turnovers to take an early 14-0 lead. But even with the 5 turnovers they still kept it close with a very scrappy defense... at times they show how good they are and other times they just come out and flop... have to be more consistent with our offense and have to make them tackles. When the offense comes out and punches the opposing defense in the mouth they can move the ball until we fumble it away... our main weakness at this point... still have some hard games left to play with PN-G, LC-M, Big Ned and Livingston left on the schedule. Pretty much same as PN-G have to pretty much win out... elimination game every week.. with that said and both teams playing each other this coming week... makes it a very important game for both teams... I do believe this will be a head knocking, hard hitting, slugfest contest as each team will try to hold onto their playoff hopes...

Ozen (1-4) 1-2 came out fired up against Vidor and took advantage of the opportunities that were given to them. Have lost to Big Ned and Livingston. They are young, undisciplined and have some talent that has to step up if they want to make a move in this district. They still have to face Lumberton, Central, PN-G and LC-M. They probably won't get the same amount of turnovers against 3 of these teams so they must get better quick fast and in a hurry.

LC-M (0-4) 0-3 Seem to be fighting an uphill battle. From what I have read it is going to be a tough year for the Bears. Just need to keep your head up and fight every time your on the field. From what I understand they have done this every week so far just haven't caught the breaks and some other unfortunate circumstances that have been well posted and I do not need to go into.

So at this point in the season I believe Lumberton and Big Ned are the front runners... Ozen and LC-M are struggling and PN-G, Vidor, Livingston, and Central are going to fight it out for the remaining 2 spots... Central and Livingston have the upper hand at this time with only 1 loss a piece. They have a little breathing room but, as everyone knows, don't blink in this district it can all change in 1 weekend.

2 Key matchups this week are

Big Ned @ Central

PN-G @ Vidor

Rest of District matchups

Ozen @ Lumberton

LC-M @ Livingston

And after 3 weeks of District play that is my take. I am sure all this will change after Friday night for at least 2 teams. For sure the loser of the PN-G/Vidor game will be on the outside looking in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83