IS PN-G overrated???

Guest KHS 89

They should have never let Mike Long leave. Whatever it took kept him here were he belongs. Not saying it woulda made a difference. He would have definatly made our QBs better than they have been since he left. We are seriously lacking in that dept. We need an OC really bad. Our defense hasnt been the usual hard hitting defense were acustumed to. I will be there the rest of the season right there with my Indians. Loosing a few or all will not break me. My old school did not have but three sports. Its hard to realize when you been here your whole life that you have something so special. Its such an awsome experience to be at a PN-G football game. You Indian fans are by far the greatest in Texas.

I remember watching many PNG fans flip last year. They were ready to have an inquisition to run Burnett out on a rail early on, and then crowned him king after they went back to the run and started to win again. Now its back to wanting him gone for some, not all. I think he typically does all that he possibly can with the talent that he is dealt.

I think he needs an OC and a real QB coach with QB expereince. M. Burnett is a good coach but we cant all last forever. When he leaves (im not saying I want him to) Id like to see Long get a shot to prove himself as our HC maybe get DL as our QB coach or OC maybe wishful thinking. I will support MB until he is no longer our coach.  Unless you guys will let us borrow Nuemwn for 5- 10 years...........LOL

I think he needs an OC and a real QB coach with QB expereince. M. Burnett is a good coach but we cant all last forever. When he leaves (im not saying I want him to) Id like to see Long get a shot to prove himself as our HC maybe get DL as our QB coach or OC maybe wishful thinking. I will support MB until he is no longer our coach.  Unless you guys will let us borrow Nuemwn for 5- 10 years...........LOL

Good post, I couldn't agree more!

I like MB but he has to realize his OC is terrible. I have a DVD of an 8th grade football game between Groves and Port Neches, in which MB was the commentator, these teams used more offensive sets then the current varsity. These kids are capable of more and the OC should keep teaching in the classroom but give up trying to be something he's not. PN-G has too much talent to be putting this team into bad situations, a team has to have more than three pass routes to be succesful. I am not saying PN-G needs to be a passing team but you have to have the threat to open up the run.

I guess it depends on where you were rated, to say if someone is "Overrated".  LaMarque was picked in the higher brackets in the state, but started 0-3.  They're playing much better now, but that may classify as overrated more than PNG, who's in a tough, unpredictable district, was not picked to win district in the 1st place (rarely are), and are struggling in some areas where they normally excell (O-Line).  The lack of the line's success has influenced both Wright's running and Tatum's time to pass.  Between Ned and Liv, Tatum was on his back more then the entire last 2 seasons (I'm guessing). 

I'm not sure if "overrated" is the proper term, since they weren't exactly "rated" to begin with, but they have certainly not played to the potential that many, incl. myself, thought they would.

They may make the playoffs, but they will have to improve in alot of areas to go very far.

And Penny,  Whoever said that PNG/NED were "equal in talent" have been using the really long Q-tips.  Ned's talent far surpassed PNG's last week.  We were never really in the game and, although some can argue about the officials, none of the calls really made a different in the overall outcome.

I'm hopeful that we'll come around, but time will tell.

I think it was Akifan who was commenting that he thought the talent was equal, not trying to be rude, but I think most would disagree with that.  Nederland had a rough first game and on top of that had 3-4 key guys our hurt in the first game.  I think that gave folks a false sense of what they had... and they have a lot this year.  Good luck Proud, nice venue you guys have over there.

I would have to argue with you penny, alot of talent that is not being used unless they run the ball, MB kept trying to run the ball against yall when yall took that away early, we had good success with throwing the ball but didnt do it, and we shot ourselves in the foot all night with penalties, also did tha tlast night with livingston, the teams gotta cut out all the penalties and Tatum does not sense the pressure coming esp when from behind and tuck it and run, I can hardly wait to see the finished product at the reservation, i hope it gets better but ill be there win or lose to the end and the final second ticks off the clock

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124