If you were Forced To....

Guest SunCat

Produce one post that indicates that PNG lost due to officiating!

WHAT ?!

Read the whole PNG - Nederland thread !

It is  nothing but PNG blaming it on bad calls !

The mayors of Port Neches, Groves, and Nederland are running commercial talking about Mid County Kindness.  Asking the fans at tonights game to wear "Red" in support of Bridge City.  Also talking about the volunteering in the clean up effort that they are supporting. 

We (officials) will be wearing red arm bands.

The zebras??

LOL yes, the Zebras

Teeboan, if you were one of the Refs lastnight you guys need to go back to Ref school. Esp. the back judge.

I think this could also apply to blaming officials for the outcome of the game.

To their credit, PNG has not been blaming the outcome of the game on officials...there has been discussion about some questionable calls, but I will give them this much credit...they seem to always mention somewhere in the post that Nederland did in fact outplay PNG.

Did someone mention Lumberton?

Again produce one post that stats that the officiating was the reason PNG lost.

I think I read were both Nederland and PNG fans were confussed by some of the calls or how the penalties were accessed. Don't lump PNG fans into that excuses category. There are always reasons why one team won and another lost. Most PNG and Nederland fans are knowledgable enough in the game to recognize.

I for one will stand by my thoughts that if PNG would have come out in the mutliple receiver sets and winged it a little from the get go, it would have been one exciting back and forth contest. I still think Nederland wins, but in a close high scoring battle. I just don't think the total athletes are different. I think if neuman and crew were coaching PNG, PNG wins!

Again produce one post that stats that the officiating was the reason PNG lost.

I think I read were both Nederland and PNG fans were confussed by some of the calls or how the penalties were accessed. Don't lump PNG fans into that excuses category. There are always reasons why one team won and another lost. Most PNG and Nederland fans are knowledgable enough in the game to recognize.

I for one will stand by my thoughts that if PNG would have come out in the mutliple receiver sets and winged it a little from the get go, it would have been one exciting back and forth contest. I still think Nederland wins, but in a close high scoring battle. I just don't think the total athletes are different. I think if neuman and crew were coaching PNG, PNG wins!

I would Like to say that Ned came out and played a excellent game and was the better team sat night it is never a givin which 1 of these teams will win win they meet ... 1 play can give either team a big momentum swing when the spirit and emotion are this high......... Good luck to the Bulldogs and the Indians the rest of this season.....Scalp-em

Guest WHOLETDADOGSOUT

Some PNG faithfuls told me the only reason Burnett is still around is due to whipping Nederland last year.  If PNG has a sub par season do you think he will be back next year?

It seems like on the Lumberton/Vidor threads, there has been a lot of talk from some Lumberton fans about all kinds of reasons for the loss. I haven't seen much of anything from the PNG people. Most of theirs is, we got our butts whipped and I wish the coach would have done something different. If the PNG fans are complaining, I must have missed it.

I guess it's all in the way you look at things.

I saw (most) Lumberton fans tell it like it was. Vidor came out in the second half and looked like a different team. And won. They were congratulated for how their boys played.

One poster from Vidor wondered what happened to Lumberton...a poster from Lumberton answered. Some of our starters didn't play. He even stated that it may not have mattered if they had played. I didn't take it as an excuse...just saying why we didn't play as well.

The fact is, we lost and Vidor won. Whatever the reasons that's how it went. If our starters are hurt...we need someone else to step up and play. We aren't going to win much if that happens again.

There were bad calls that went both ways the way they do in every high school game played.

Every team that loses looks for reasons why they lost. Why do coaches pour over film if not to find what went wrong? Just because you state the reason doesn't necessarily  mean you are making excuses. Facts are facts.

And, what is the difference in saying Lumberton had players hurt, which hurt the team and PNG saying they wish the coach would have done something different (ie: blame the coach)? Both scenarios apparently hurt the respective teams. An 'excuse' is an 'excuse'. Unless it comes from PNG?

Maybe it is how you look at or use words.

I think stating a reason is not making an excuse. To say that another team kicked our butts or that the other team had better play calling or we didn't execute is not making an excuse.

I know that by definition, excuse and reason is roughly the same. In my opinion however, when I hear someone trying to make an excuse, it implies whining. It is like saying that if the refs hadn't blown that call or if the other team didn't cheat or maybe the refs let the other team get away with the that they called on us. That is making an excuse in my opinion. Anytime someone loses in any game there is a reason for it. Stating the reasons is different than making excuses.

Obviously other people have a different view on how words are used.

nobody is blaming the loss on the officiating or making excuses. they made a thread to talk about calls, and at the end of the thread THEY ALL SAY it wouldnt have made a difference in the game. and they also say they got outcoached and OUTPLAYED so bringing png into this when they admitted they got there butts kicked!

Guest LR1969

Neither. Excuses or pointless. Vidor and Nederland WON! Period. If a fan/player has to blame the refs or turnovers, etc., then the team obviously failed somewhere. In other words, fight to get into a position to where a few bad calls don't mean squat. I listened to Kirbyville play the other night and there seemed to be a couple of bad calls but when you're up by 30, that really doesn't amount to much. As for injured players and (as a Raider fan), I will say now that things may have been different last year had Dayton's QB not been injured. Unfortunately, for him, he was and the Raiders took advantage of it (not that the backup was a slacker by any means). But, that one loss didn't stop Dayton from making it deep into the playoffs just as one loss won't stop the Raiders from moving forward. This game is played every week. As for Raider players that may have been injured during the game and had to leave. That just tells me that Vidor played tough. Any argument about injuries etc., is like a boxer saying "I would have won if he hadn't knocked me out in the 5th round".

Neither. Excuses or pointless. Vidor and Nederland WON! Period. If a fan/player has to blame the refs or turnovers, etc., then the team obviously failed somewhere. In other words, fight to get into a position to where a few bad calls don't mean squat. I listened to Kirbyville play the other night and there seemed to be a couple of bad calls but when you're up by 30, that really doesn't amount to much. As for injured players and (as a Raider fan), I will say now that things may have been different last year had Dayton's QB not been injured. Unfortunately, for him, he was and the Raiders took advantage of it (not that the backup was a slacker by any means). But, that one loss didn't stop Dayton from making it deep into the playoffs just as one loss won't stop the Raiders from moving forward. This game is played every week. As for Raider players that may have been injured during the game and had to leave. That just tells me that Vidor played tough. Any argument about injuries etc., is like a boxer saying "I would have won if he hadn't knocked me out in the 5th round".

This is a good post LR. Especially like the last sentence.

SFA, did you make it to the Ozen / Ned game?  Wondering what your impression of the Dogs was after that game, you are usually a pretty fair critic.

SFA, did you make it to the Ozen / Ned game?  Wondering what your impression of the Dogs was after that game, you are usually a pretty fair critic.

Yeah Penny I was there.  I guess you didn't read my 10 Observations from the game let me go get em for ya....

1.  Rison's test-ti-Cals shrank after halftime:

Being tied 7-7 going for the onside kick was dumb as if they were down by 21....

2.  Ozen can't tackle:  Grogan's big but their were a ton of missed tackles---many for lost.  I guess WO-S is a better tackling team

3.  If Ned adjusted bringin the OLB's to the line for the outside run, why not try running a trap play?

4.  Ozen still 'gets friendly' when Ned/PN-G comes to town

Maybe both schools need an infusion of Black players for them to get up and stay up for 4 Quarters

5.  Put #81 on 'T. O.' Jefferson.  He ran lazy routes just like his appearent hero.

6.  Wider line splits on the O-line.  Take note Central

7.  Rison should let the QB audible.  OLB's come up to stop the run, then call a hot route to the WB or TE

8.  Should've played Asa and #5 man up and kept a safety back and bring a safety down to stop the run

9.  Ozen can still make the playoffs.  But Rison can't call plays like he's in a Sarah Palin interview.

10.  Let me give the pre-game pep talk ala Lou Holtz.  I'll get those kids' minds right like in Cool Hand Luke or they wouldn't play.....

PNG's loss to Nederland was not due to officiating. There were some questionable calls.  PNG just were outplayed and got their butts beat!  Suck it up, and move on...it was a learning experience, and PNG will continue to improve and make it to the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder