Hull-Daisetta vs Evadale/Game Back At West Hardin!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Hull-Daisetta Bobcats have one of the greatest football traditions. As far back as the 1930's the H-D Bobcats have always put great teams on the field. During the 1930's the H-D Bobcats had one of the nations longest winning streaks. Also H-D won many state championships during the 30's. H-D won their most recent state championship in 1979. There is something very special that happens on friday nights in Hull-Daisetta !!! There is not a person at home or work,they are all in the stands waiting for the mighty Bobcats to play some ball !!! There is a magical feel in the air as the red and black dominate their opponents. I feel so proud to be a Hull-Daisetta Bobcat !!! And I can not wait for my son, who is 9 years old to run out on the Bobcat stadium field wearing the black and red !!!

I agree with the folks who've already chimed in that tradition plays a big part in a team's success. Being from the small town of Daisetta I know what this is all about. In the tiny community of Hull-Daisetta, Bobcat football is LIFE. We don't have a full time gas station, a stop light, or a place to get a steak, but boy do we love our high school football. The town itself isn't built around a courthouse or a town square, it's built around Bobcat stadium. I remember being in elementary school and knowing every player on the varsity team and wanting to be just like them. At 7 years old, you learn that being a Bobcat is something special, and something that not many people can claim, so you are a chosen one. You learn it's not alright to lose to Hardin or West Hardin (whether that's a good thing for kids to be taught or not), and that you will one day carry the hopes and dreams of an entire community on your shoulders every friday night. Five of my best friends in the world began kindergarden with me and after 13 years of school and friendship and 6 years of blood, sweat and tears on the gridiron, we had the priviledge to walk across the graduating stage together as Bobcats. My great-grandmother, God willing will be 94 years old this Halloween and she was a Hull-Daisetta graduate in 1933, and my great grandfather, years past graduated in 1932 as a Bobcat. Many summers back when my great grand-dad was lying on his deathbed in a houston hospital in a coma with no signs of life, my mom told him that the boys had shaved their heads to show brotherhood and commitment for the team and the upcoming season. She took his hand and rubbed it on my head, as his eyes remained closed, tears began to pour from mine. Then suddenly his eyes opened and he regained contiousness and smiled. He loved nothing more than Bobcat football and I feel like that was what brought him back to us for a short time, before he passed two days later. Stories of pride and tradition run abundant throughout our little po-dunk town, and that's what makes it special to us. My grandparents and parents went to HD and one day my children will wear the red and black as well. We don't have a fancy auditorium with surround sound or a giant stadium with shiny new bleachers to seat thousands, but we have something that's sacred to us, something that is passed on generation to generation. We still live in a place where kids are proud to wear their jerseys down the street on game day, with old folks patting them on the back, shaking hands and wishing them luck. We still live in a place where everyone knows everyone else, and the friday night lights are the only draw in town, and everyone is there. A senior citizen bus travels to each away game followed by convoys of former Bobcats each away game to support our young warriors as they take to the field of battle on friday nights. Home games are usually standing room only, and fans of all ages, races and backgrounds pack the stands in support. Hull-Daisetta vs. West Hardin is our own version of Mid County Madness and nobody misses that game, not for any reason. Each year a different group of young men get to experience this magical feeling in our little sinkhole layden town that is inexplainable to all outsiders. Alot of people will say, we should get a life, or move on, or whatever you want to call it, but they just dont' know what it's all about. Whether our oil fields run dry, the crime rate is up, or the stock market is down, it doesnt' matter as long as the Bobcats are playing on those cool fall friday nights.

Written By: H-D Bobcat 9

great post H-D bobcat 55 small town football in Texas is whats its all about in my openion they don't get as much publicity and attention as the big schools but i am from a small town and their is nothing like being 10 years old knowing every player on the varsity football team and looking up to them and then when your of age and on varsity all those players you used to look up to are in the stand cheering for you just like you were for them when you were 10 and then seeing them on Saturday at the only store in town or at church and win or lose they are telling you great game. and i don't care what anybody says about mid county rivalry the WH- HD rivalry is just as big as any rivalry in the state

Great Post H-D Bobcat 55.  You are right about being a chosen one, whether it be a Bobcat, Oiler, Cardinal, Rebel, Yellowjacket, Bull Dog or Shark; when you play 11 Man football at the 1A ranks you are battled tested and gain a confidence about yourself that others wish they had.  As I stated in some of my past posts, most young men in the State of Texas only get to play half of a football game, but most you 1A guys get to play 48 minutes of "Iron Man Football", the truest form of football in my opinion.  

Outstanding post H-D Bobcat 55!  I'm still a newbie to this forum, but I was seriously thinking that everyone on here was some kind of punk kids.  Nothing better to do than start sh!$ with everyone.  Truely inspiring to read, small town schools are great and definately a treat to watch, even if it isn't your favorite or a rival.  I wish the best to all these hard working young men and healthy seasons.  Good luck to all and as always; GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!

You are right Mr. Reality.  With all of the smack and trash talking that goes on in most of these threads, you can only hope that the players who get on here can find posts like the one written by HDBobcats9 that gives meaning to why they put themselves through the summer and two-a day workouts.  Victory may be the main focus, but the many lessons that are learned through these experiences will be the catalyst that makes each young man a better man in the future. 

Whambulance, I thought you were a pretty sharp guy until I saw you make this prediction...lol. Nobody in 1A can stop the Cookie Monster, especially Evadale!!!

Aaron Cook will rumble for 200yds+ leading HD in a route over the Rebels!

Crystal ball must have been foggy!

I'm thinking this game will be decided by 7 points or less.  No idea who wins, but should be an entertaining game.  Good luck to both schools!

As for you there is no way Evadale or especially West Hardin plays a close game with the H-D Bobcats. You must have not seen H-D play. We will be way to much for Evadale and West Hardin.

Slightly off there Stud!  LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami