High Schools And The Horsecollar

I believe it is new to hs and ncaa this  year

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Good  game tonight, It was one heck of a fight by both ball teams and the Hawks are going to be a Thorn in the side of everyone they meet, if your opponents try to take you for granted, they will regret it.

where can I go to read up on the new ruling regarding horse collaring?  I thought that I read on this forum a while back that the refs were going to start calling it and it would be a 15 yard penalty.  I have seen it in a game a couple of times and it was very clear, but wasn't called and when I ask about it, I was told that it was in Pro football. 

where can I go to read up on the new ruling regarding horse collaring?  I thought that I read on this forum a while back that the refs were going to start calling it and it would be a 15 yard penalty.  I have seen it in a game a couple of times and it was very clear, but wasn't called and when I ask about it, I was told that it was in Pro football. 

Here you go, UIL Rule changes for 2008:

This is the hidden content, please

We had a horse collar penalty called on us last night as well, and it was sho'nuf horse collar.

Here you go, UIL Rule changes for 2008:

This is the hidden content, please

We had a horse collar penalty called on us last night as well, and it was sho'nuf horse collar.

you ain't lyin'

i was glad he ran him down, but that flag HAD to be thrown.

just for those who dont wanna take the time to look it up...a horsecollar tackle SHOULD only be enforced when the defensive player grabs and immediately pulls down on the back of the offensive player.  If the defensive players gets dragged for any period of time, even if he is holding onto the back of the player, it is not a horsecollar tackle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami