Dave Campbell's Mid Season Report

Interesting that they did not include 22-2A in the list of districts that will not be decided until week 10.

I doubt there will be many people surprised at either Kirbyville or Newton winning.  I think darn near everyone would be absolutely shocked if it doesnt come down to that week 10 showdown though.

Guest rykerx144

What has happened to DCTF? I have just lost all respect for their ability to make sound preditions!  They not only took Kirbyville out of the Regional Finals they Put Lumberton making the finals. Its almost like he cant stand to say anything good about east texas 4a football.  I think them guys have been spending too much time out west.

What has happened to DCTF? I have just lost all respect for their ability to make sound preditions!  They not only took Kirbyville out of the Regional Finals they Put Lumberton making the finals. Its almost like he cant stand to say anything good about east texas 4a football.  I think them guys have been spending too much time out west.

i agree, and everyone knows that 20-4a is the toughest district in state, but kville is tough

I dont think 20-4A is one of the toughest districts in the state right now. I think that will go to one of the Dallas districts. Last year the one with Stephenville and Everman was sick and now it added Mansfield Tiberview who was a 5A playoff team last year and has one of the best RBs in the state (Eric Stephans). What 20-4A has is alot of quality teams and the district is very undecided. I would say PNG, Lumberton, Central, Nederland, Vidor all have a shot at the playoffs. No one can say they are a clear cut favorite right now.

I dont think 20-4A is one of the toughest districts in the state right now. I think that will go to one of the Dallas districts. Last year the one with Stephenville and Everman was sick and now it added Mansfield Tiberview who was a 5A playoff team last year and has one of the best RBs in the state (Eric Stephans). What 20-4A has is alot of quality teams and the district is very undecided. I would say PNG, Lumberton, Central, Nederland, Vidor all have a shot at the playoffs. No one can say they are a clear cut favorite right now.

i agree, i meant out of the 4a's it is one of the toughest, and heck, if ozen steps it up in a few games they might have a shot at the 4th spot

Guest rykerx144

oh i agree too, they are no where near where they usually are.  It just seems when our 4a schools are not up to par the rest of the small school get left out too.  U think they are having second thoughts about the decision to replace Kirbyville with CorriganCamden.  CC 12 Crockett 6 and reviews say both teams played well.  Kirbyville 39 Crockett 6 and Kirbyville played with alot of errors and turnovers.  I realize head to head that means nothing but facts are facts.

oh i agree too, they are no where near where they usually are.  It just seems when our 4a schools are not up to par the rest of the small school get left out too.  U think they are having second thoughts about the decision to replace Kirbyville with CorriganCamden.  CC 12 Crockett 6 and reviews say both teams played well.  Kirbyville 39 Crockett 6 and Kirbyville played with alot of errors and turnovers.  I realize head to head that means nothing but facts are facts.

lol yeap ole Dave needs help poor poor guy.... Think hes getting dumber with his old age!!!

What a joke this Mid-season publication is!  For example, look at the Shelbyville write-up.  They don't even have the correct name of the coach as Mid-Season Region III coach of the year.  They are still listing the head coach as Upshaw!    That's the FORMER coach of Shelbyville!  Plus, they are talking about how tough it is going to be for Shelbyville being in Corrigan-Camden's district!  That was last year's district! 

Hmmm....  The 1st prediction in 3A has WO-S losing to Gilmer in the Region III D2 Quarterfinals which is pretty much an impossibility unless either WO-S or Gilmer goes into the D2 playoffs as a runnerup... (the most likely scenario is that WO-S would meet the winner of Gilmer and Waco La Vega in the Regional Semis IF all three end up as district champs and there are no major upsets).

The 2nd prediction has WO-S making it all the way to the D2 State Finals and losing to Liberty Hill.... 

DCTF hasn't been the biggest fan of WO-S for the past 4 years so I'm a bit surprised that we're picked to do as well as we are

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124