What's Going on at WOS?????

venom33

Heard from an insider:

WOS Middle School is housing 200+ evacuees. The Red Cross has set up a shelter in the girl's gym in the Stark Building. They will be using the facilities of the school. Not a problem right? Well, school will be back in session on Wednesday. The schedules will be changed because school will be from 10-3 and classes will have to be moved around. Also, the shelter is for Orange residents only. They are wanting to set it up in order to get the WOS students back in school.  Bridge City citizens were actually turned away. From what I hear, there is no shelter for BC residents. What kind of risks will this cause? You don't know any backgrounds of the people there and they will be around the students. Also, what kind of safety is it for the school. Will they be allowed to roam around at night? We have all heard horror stories of events that take place in shelters. Is it really something to have our students around? Just trying to get some opinions on this touchy one!!  :-\

The girl's gym is right next to the cafeteria.  At least it was when I was there about 12 years ago.  The other gym is connected to the football locker rooom.  Its not like these people are away from the students.  I'm sure the proper measures are taken.  But that just creates lots of traffic in and out of the school.  I'm sure the people who are staying there aren't on lock down and are able to leave the gym.  I know desperate times calls for desperate measures but this could be another disaster.  I wouldn't want my kids to be at a school the doubles as a shelter.

I have and will continue to voice my concerns about this. If this had happened at a school where one of my children are they would have been taken out of WOS and enrolled in another school. I wish you knew the paperwork that I had to fill out just so I can walk my child to his classroom at Oates. Not only the paperwork but a background check and I have to sign in and out every morning. That's normally not a problem until they start letting people stay at the school and they don't have any idea if they are on parole or if they are a sex offender. One police officer told me they were checking them but only if they had an ID. Well guess which ones don't have an ID?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Drugsstore0
    Newest Member
    Drugsstore0