Nederland vs. Ozen Tue. Sept. 30 Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Ozen has taken advantage of this extra week of practice.  unlike allot of other teams they had virtual all of there players there since Monday. This will be a statement game for Panthers. 

Ozen 49 - nederland 21

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I don't know where all you guys are getting that ozen is a good football team.  I expect the same as every other year.  Lots of talent... very little discipline and execution.  Ozen is more talented than Nederland in most years.  Unless Ozen has changed something major, Nederland will win this game.  Nederland 35 ozen 21

I don't think that everyone thinks Ozen is all that good as a whole but it's probably more that they think Nederland is just that bad right now like they were at the end of last year. Like I said earlier, After 1 game and I guess you could consider the Jasper scrimmage if U wanted to, Nederland looks as if nothing has changed. I know it's only 1 game and a scrimmage but I don't know if they have fixed these issues over a week or so of practice. I just think the athletes win out. Ozen will win because they have a D and Nederland doesn't.

I think Ned. wins this and I will be surprised if its close. Ned may need help with being more aggressive on D, but Ozen has no Discipline so call that a draw. Then on Off. I think Ned will just outplay ozen. I have no dog in this fight so to speak, but if ozen wins I will tip my hat to them but I don't see it going that way. As for the Speed kills comment that holds no water here, remember those small-slow boys from L-Town last year going deep in the playoffs. LOL

All those missed tackles and blown defensive assignments against WOS, Nederland has no room to say Ozen has no discipline.  And as far as Lumberton goes, once every 40 years doesn't change the fact that speed kills and Waller prove that to you guys.  ;D

Lets not forget Nederland has not played a game in a month and a hurricane has forced them to put football off even longer. this makes for a dangerous recipe for there passing attack that they allow heavy on.  James White and transfer Terrell Durham will run up and down the field on Nederlands run defense. Don't forget about the 5 returning offensive lineman and 6'6 wideout Willie Jefferson and 6'3 WR Anthony Lee who runs 21.2 200 meter. Pound for Pound Ozen will dominate Nederland offensively and control the clock and the ball.

Lets not forget Nederland has not played a game in a month and a hurricane has forced them to put football off even longer. this makes for a dangerous recipe for there passing attack that they allow heavy on.  James White and transfer Terrell Durham will run up and down the field on Nederlands run defense. Don't forget about the 5 returning offensive lineman and 6'6 wideout Willie Jefferson and 6'3 WR Anthony Lee who runs 21.2 200 meter. Pound for Pound Ozen will dominate Nederland offensively and control the clock and the ball.

You might be correct in your prediction. We'll have to see. But, it looks like hype to me from looking at the stats. Nederland is getting lambasted for giving up over 300 yards rushing to a good WO-S team and over 400 total yards that game, but Ozen gave up over 300 yards rushing and over 400 total yards to a very good WB team as well. The next week Bmt Central gave up a little over 250 to that same WB team. Then, the next week Ozen gave up 341 yards to a Memorial team not known for offense this year. Nederland's defense played okay against WO-S for 1 half. The score was 12-7. WO-S scored 33 in the game vs. Nederland and 49 the next week against LC-M so maybe, just maybe Hooks has a pretty good offense over there? The problem was after the half Ned could not tackle Garrett at all. WO-S earned that game and wore our defense down because we went 3-and-out several times. Ozen has scored 7 points and 19 points in their two games so far so I do not see them running up and down the field all of a sudden. They average 13 points a game and I think they'll score 20-30 in this one, but I think the game will be close. Ozen only averages about 25 yards a punt so if the Ned defense can rise to the occasion their can be some field position battles won there. Ozen has also had a lot of penalties this season that could prove costly. All I am saying is that these are two WINLESS teams and I don't see room for EITHER to be bragging about ANYTHING so far or predicting to blow the other one out.

P.S. I hate our spread offense and wish we would go back to the old I-formation or Pro style. I am not sure how many consecutive losses it will take for us to dump the spread, but if it is 4 then I hope we go ahead and get it out of the way tonight!

They should have dumped the Spread after Sampere suffered that unfortunate injury against Brenham at Reliant last season. That offense was installed to accomodate Sampere's running ability at QB and Bass's small frame but good vision and agility. Not only that, but the lack of a legitimate TE or FB and a laskluster at best O-Line.

With a Spread, you can capitalize on your strong set of WR's which Nederland has. But what they do not have is a mobile QB. Kirby is solid, but would fare better in a pro style offense.

nederlands d is quite similar to the st lewis rams d...

WOW ----Nederland plays like pros 

if you would call the st lewis rams a pro team...

i wouldnt...

and omg ur pic is muttley :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!

Thanks  ;D

i havent seen that guy in forever!!! awesome!!! karma 4 u :-)

All those missed tackles and blown defensive assignments against WOS, Nederland has no room to say Ozen has no discipline.  And as far as Lumberton goes, once every 40 years doesn't change the fact that speed kills and Waller prove that to you guys.  ;D

You think speed kills??  I guess when we beat La Marque their speed beat us huh? No wait how bout central....their speed beat us huh??  What about Dayton's speed?  Skills and technique will overcome speed....some day you will figure that out!

Ozen has taken advantage of this extra week of practice.  unlike allot of other teams they had virtual all of there players there since Monday. This will be a statement game for Panthers. 

Ozen 49 - nederland 21

If you used a computer for that prediction, then you better re-boot.  :D

Pound for Pound Ozen will dominate Nederland offensively and control the clock and the ball.

Ozen 49 - nederland 21

You were at least partly correct. Ozen did make a statement tonight.

Hmm?

They should have dumped the Spread after Sampere suffered that unfortunate injury against Brenham at Reliant last season. That offense was installed to accomodate Sampere's running ability at QB and Bass's small frame but good vision and agility. Not only that, but the lack of a legitimate TE or FB and a laskluster at best O-Line.

With a Spread, you can capitalize on your strong set of WR's which Nederland has. But what they do not have is a mobile QB. Kirby is solid, but would fare better in a pro style offense.

Tell me DUDE why should nederland scrap the spread again?  I was never impressed with bass, he was small, slow, i think that enough about him.  Please reiderate more about how bellows is better in a (pro style offense)? 

Guest 87CRU79

Bellow lacks the ideal speed to run a spread offense, if you're running one that we initially began with back in the Spring of 07. They have adapted more to a Texas Tech pass oriented spread attack since Bellow has been QB. Kirby is playing fine, but he needs to quit eye balling his key read every time, and begin to make his 2nd and 3rd reads if need be. Kudos to the Dogs for stickin to Ozen. They capitalized in the 2 major areas of concern, which is good.

Bass was a quality back, had great agility and hands, a good compliment to Sampere in the backfield. The spread Nederland was originally goin to run was more option read w/ Sampere and Bass, than a pass happy attack. Unfotrunately, Sampere broke his leg and Bass suffered a hip injury in the first scrimmage and battled with re-aggrivating it every so often. That was last season and the past is the past.

Bulldogs start district play 1-0, good luck ot them for the rest of the season.

Guest 87CRU79

After Saturday night's game, Nederland executed the spread offense with excellence. Establishing a run game w/ Grogan has taken the pressure of Bellow immensely. As long as Ned can keep a good balance w/ the playcalling, they'll be fine

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami