When will district officials meet to discuss possible schedule revisions?

In all fairness, I don't think Buna was hit near as hard as many cities in our area.  I'm sure towns like Bridge City will show plenty of teamwork and overcome, but I'm not sure Friday Night Football is at the top of most of their lists right now.

We had some trees and major powerlines down, but what are they gonna do bout 21-3A, its almost like Silsbee is the only school that survive but they had a lil damage at the school not major like WOS, BC, HF i hope 21-3A gets to play

Orangefield had minimal damage as well. The only thing I saw messed up at the stadium was a few sheets of tin off the press box. They had the lights on yesterday I guess to repoint them. OF looks ready to go

3 Teams in 21-3A trying to get back to Football

20-4a, they need to be practicing monday not meeting. are they going to wait until the dairy queen is open to start? buna is a fine example of team work, practicing with out school open and playing a game saturday because of lights. way to go buna. adjust and overcome!

No offense, but there is much more to GETTING BACK TO BUSINESS!! "ADJUST AND OVERCOME?" What about the kids and families without a home to come back to?? Good job Buna! no power, no lights, that can all be overcome, but no homes to come home to may be much greater to overcome. And I know there are many in HF and BC that fall into that category. Prayers with them, and all others, alot of adversity to oversome, much more than lights and power.

Several School Districts Plan to Reopen Next Week

Comments 0 | Recommend 0

September 19, 2008 - 7:51AM

Scott Lawrence

The Port Arthur Independent School District plans to resume classes Thursday, September 25 provided power has been restored,the mandatory evacuation has been lifted and city services restored.

The district would like personnel to return on Monday, September 22 if they're able to do so.  That includes administrative and child nutrition, transportation, maintenance, custodial and secretaries.

All other personnel are asked to return to work Tuesday, September 23 at 10 a.m., including teachers, counselors, librarians, teacher assistants, social workers and any others.

The PAISD administrative executive team will meet Monday, September 22 at 3 p.m., and the full leadership team of central administrators and principals will meet Tuesday, September 23 at 9 a.m. at Stiwell Technical Center to assess the situation and prepare for the return of students.

There was damage to several buildings but the district is confident the damage won't prevent students from returning to school.

And the Nederland Independent School District plans to resume classes next week.

Superintendent Gail Krohn says faculty and staff should return on Wednesday, September 24 and students should return for the start of classes on Thursday, September 25 at their regular hours.

Silsbee ISD staff will report to work on Tuesday, September 23 and Wednesday, September 24 at 9 a.m.

All students will report to school at the regular time on Thursday, September 25.

Faculty and staff in Colmesneil will return to school Monday with classes resuming at their regular time on Tuesday.

The Beaumont Independent School District has not set a date to resume classes.  Several buildings received moderate to severe damage and the district is still assessing damage.  Administrators expect to meet next week and they may discuss setting a to resume school.

Deweyville students return to school at 9 a.m. Monday.  Buses run one hour later than normal.

last time i checked hf and bc are not in 20-4a. some people read want they want to read, my thoughts and prayers are with you. bridge city was devasted and it will be a good time for they are up and running, again 20-4a teams are in good shape. png will be practicing tuesday players have allready been notified. power on in most of nederland with alot coming on again in the middle of the night tonight. again i was talking about 20-4a, nothing else. hope you are doing ok. god bless.

20-4a, they need to be practicing monday not meeting. are they going to wait until the dairy queen is open to start? buna is a fine example of team work, practicing with out school open and playing a game saturday because of lights. way to go buna. adjust and overcome!

No offense, but there is much more to GETTING BACK TO BUSINESS!! "ADJUST AND OVERCOME?" What about the kids and families without a home to come back to?? Good job Buna! no power, no lights, that can all be overcome, but no homes to come home to may be much greater to overcome. And I know there are many in HF and BC that fall into that category. Prayers with them, and all others, alot of adversity to oversome, much more than lights and power.

guys we all love football but in places like Bridge City it doesnt matter if the school suffered damage or not it is the fact that 90% percent of the homes here are unlivable.  The kids and their parents are not only trying to salvage what they can of their homes, but they are also trying to find places t live in the meantime.  Yes football would be a great thing to get everybody back to normal, but in some places it will take longer then most

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124