Best Coach in the Area

What team has the Best Coach in the Area?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. What team has the Best Coach in the Area?

• WB
    • Nederland
    • WO S
    • Lumberton
    • Other Schools

I think Stump is the best offensive caller in the area, but that might be due to his players. Lots of balance.  Defensively, and game management, I've seen better.    I think he will wind up as a college offensive coordinator.

Let's see how he does against Orangefield tommorrow.

I meant Craig,  Sorry!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stump is the best offensive caller in the area, but that might be due to his players. Lots of balance.  Defensively, and game management, I've seen better.    I think he will wind up as a college offensive coordinator.

I don't think it is due to his players.... Hooks (Thompson), Barbay, Stump.... all these guys have tremendous off season programs that make players!

Look at what Stump did at Kelly in 2 years before coming to WB...  He took teams that were 0-10 and 1-9 and instantly turned it around..... great motivator and got kids to buy into the "program"

Is there anybody that hasn't posted their opinions on this topic in one of the dozen or so times this thread has been started this season?  ::)

How about best dressed coach?

Coach with the ugliest dog?

Coaches with boxers VS briefs?

;D

I think this every time I see this thread.  :D

Barbay and Hooks are on top of the pedestal.

Neuman from Nederland has taken a team that was bad for decades and has made them a playoff team year in and year out.  Being from PN-G, not much of (no where nears) a Bulldog fan, but I know how much Neuman would love to get an outright district championship.  BIG GAME FRIDAY for the Bulldogs.

Burnett has done something Neuman hasn't, he has gotten his team to the state title game, but in head to head competition, Neuman has the edge.

Like to say something about the Dayton coaches.

The high school coaches are at EVERY Tuesday Junior High game.

They now ALL the junior high players by the time they are in high school.

That is really not "doable" in PN-G and Nederland with two junior highs.

The junior high coaching staff in Dayton is the tops in the area.

They keep on producing kids that get used to winning.  It is simply amazing the talent pool that Dayton has been in over the last decade, and they have a stellar group of 8th graders this year (probably the deepest speed wise group of kids since Stewart has been here).

Coach Stewart has taken over a program here in Dayton and is developing a tradition of winning that will be here long after he leaves.  He has really redone the whole football program over, from 7th to 12th grade and his impact on the young men of Dayton can not be overestimated.  Growing up in Port Neches during the 70's was simply amazing.  PN-G raises their kids to be Indians and that kind of attitude is now taking hold in Dayton.

Dayton is in no man's land between Beaumont and Houston, but if you include Dayton in with the Beaumont schools, Stewart has to be in at least the top 10.

ps....

Many of the Dayton fans sure do miss the enthusiastic crowds on the away games.

20-4A is what high school football is all about.

It may not have produced a state champion in decades, but the passion the communities have for their schools is not found anywhere else around here.

I couldn't have said that any better myself.  Last week Galena Park (who's a stout 25 minute drive) brought all of 10 people to a game they really needed to help their playoff chances.  Compare that to PNG (at least an hour drive) bringing 3,000 or so and I still can't get that fight song out of my head a year later because they played it from the opening kickoff through the end of the game.  They also stayed all the way through till the end even though the game had pretty much been decided.  Sure miss the atmosphere that created. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont