*West Brook vs. Central Updates/WB WINS/COMMENTS!*

KFDM COOP

Wow!  When Brook wins, there are fans out of the woodworks, Fans from under the sofa, fans from the cracks of the walls.  I didn't see these two new guys before.  I wonder why? ???

didn't look hard enough for my first two posts i guess... ;D

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook                        Beaumont Central

Total yards                    253                                                381

First downs                    14                                                  21

Rushes/Yds                  37/161                                          29/213

Average rush                4.35                                              7.34

Comp/Atts                    6/12                                              10/16

Pass yards                      92                                                168

Comp pct                        50                                              62.5

Punts                              4                                                  2

Punting Yards                  166                                                63

Punting Average              41.5                                              31.5

Fumbles/Lost                    3/3                                                2/0

Penalties-yards                5-65                                                7-56

Wow!  When Brook wins, there are fans out of the woodworks, Fans from under the sofa, fans from the cracks of the walls.  I didn't see these two new guys before.  I wonder why? ???

didn't look hard enough for my first two posts i guess... ;D

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook                         Beaumont Central

Total yards                    253                                                 381

First downs                    14                                                   21

Rushes/Yds                   37/161                                          29/213

Average rush                 4.35                                               7.34

Comp/Atts                     6/12                                              10/16

Pass yards                      92                                                 168

Comp pct                         50                                               62.5

Punts                               4                                                  2

Punting Yards                   166                                                63

Punting Average               41.5                                               31.5

Fumbles/Lost                    3/3                                                 2/0

Penalties-yards                5-65                                                7-56

I think the Houston 'Barnicle' put the wrong stats on the wrong team.  You see, Mike Richard (Central QB) only had 92 yards passing.  Just thought I would point that out.  Here is the link:

This is the hidden content, please

I knew the pigs flying comment would come back and bite me!  Bit its all good!  Congrats Brook...stats are CM 125 rushing CL 161 passing...if I'm mistaken they had 330 total offense while the jags rushed for 215 and passed for 92yds.  We had our chances...but we lost...don't get it twisted, we smashed their D up and down the field!  We had some costly turnovers, like soulja said and we didn't capitalize on some of their mistake!  All and all, I still like what we've got!  Good job bruins!  I LOVE MY JAGS!

Guest WeedBegone

I agree --stats must be flipped.  Central had the 3 fumbles --which did significantly play into the score.

Central has some very tough hitters.  Better pack extra ice when you play them.  Your gonna need it.

Good job Bruins. I thought they did a nice job keeping the offense diverse.  They did not over use CM and showed their growing list of weapons.  The jags are a good team.  Like the Brook they need to avoid the unnecessary penalties.

couple of things that stand out to me.

1. Central 's Fans, supporters, and teams need to stop throwing gas on the fire every time they play the brook. Way too much trash talking and no results, just trash.

2. If you are down 40 to 10 with the second team in and they are trying to run the clock out don't call timeout.

3. If you do call timeout, at least get out if that junk offense and go to something else. 3 OC's in three years means you can run something else.

To my friend Soulja, you never told me where you were sitting. I was wrong about your jags, yall did make it though halftime, but I know that you were in your car at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Save that Undertaker bell for Vidor or somebody. So like you jags always say, wait until next year, or wait until basketball season. Memories fade so take a picture of the trophy it might just last longer.

I agree --stats must be flipped.  Central had the 3 fumbles --which did significantly play into the score.

Central has some very tough hitters.  Better pack extra ice when you play them.  Your gonna need it.

Good job Bruins. I thought they did a nice job keeping the offense diverse.  They did not over use CM and showed their growing list of weapons.  The jags are a good team.  Like the Brook they need to avoid the unnecessary penalties.

Good observation!

couple of things that stand out to me.

1. Central 's Fans, supporters, and teams need to stop throwing gas on the fire every time they play the brook. Way too much trash talking and no results, just trash.

2. If you are down 40 to 10 with the second team in and they are trying to run the clock out don't call timeout.

3. If you do call timeout, at least get out if that junk offense and go to something else. 3 OC's in three years means you can run something else.

To my friend Soulja, you never told me where you were sitting. I was wrong about your jags, yall did make it though halftime, but I know that you were in your car at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Save that Undertaker bell for Vidor or somebody. So like you jags always say, wait until next year, or wait until basketball season. Memories fade so take a picture of the trophy it might just last longer.

I cannot speak for the rest of our fans, but I was there untill the clock read 0:00.  It was tough to watch at times, but I was there on the 50 yard line on Central side.  This is where you will find Soulja every time. 

Yea, I thought It would be cool to do the Undertaker bell.  If you read my predictions, I did pick us to lose.  That is the toughest thing for a fan to do, but hey, it is what it is.

Don't worry about our offense.  If it was trash, we would have piled up 250+ yards on yall.  Just like the previous Brook poster said, turnovers played an important part in this.

Also, we will talk trash when we play Brook. Uhh, hello, news flash.  This is the city rivalry!

Guest WeedBegone

I'm with you Soulja--When there is a party, trash is inevitable, its ok to spread it and throw it back and forth, but as usual we all pick it up and put it away.  It was a good game, regardless of the score. 

Both teams showed up, and from the Brook side of the field, half time had many of us concerned. 

When we had to call time out on the first play of the third quarter, then had an illegal procedure penalty before the first snap----the Central fans went crazy and i for a moment sensed a bad momentum change.  Yet when the Brook recovered on the next series and scored, i saw the Central fans start leaving.  The Central fans had a great turn-out and made a lot of noise.  But when they started leaving early, it had to have a some effect on the team  Tell them to stay Soulja.

Now on the Brook side --we have always had to deal with fans leaving early--win or loose.  They act like they got a pot-roast in the oven.  Too many WB fans are there to see only their kids.  When the ROTC kids present the flag---Mom and Dad goes home.  Then the Drill-team, and then the Band---. 

But they are getting better. ----Just an old habit from the bad years  LOL

I'm with you Soulja--When there is a party, trash is inevitable, its ok to spread it and throw it back and forth, but as usual we all pick it up and put it away.  It was a good game, regardless of the score. 

Both teams showed up, and from the Brook side of the field, half time had many of us concerned. 

When we had to call time out on the first play of the third quarter, then had an illegal procedure penalty before the first snap----the Central fans went crazy and i for a moment sensed a bad momentum change.  Yet when the Brook recovered on the next series and scored, i saw the Central fans start leaving.  The Central fans had a great turn-out and made a lot of noise.  But when they started leaving early, it had to have a some effect on the team   Tell them to stay Soulja.

Now on the Brook side --we have always had to deal with fans leaving early--win or loose.  They act like they got a pot-roast in the oven.  Too many WB fans are there to see only their kids.  When the ROTC kids present the flag---Mom and Dad goes home.  Then the Drill-team, and then the Band---. 

But they are getting better. ----Just an old habit from the bad years  LOL

you said it well. 1 positive point for you.

how much of that 250 + was on the second and third team defense. I would say about 100 yards and two touchdowns. The 10 points we did spot da jags was on 45 yards of penalties. Jag fans just continue to support and lift up your team and head coach more not just when they are winning. Soulja I respect you for being a true jaguar fan at all times. I nominate you as pres of the Jag fan base.

how much of that 250 + was on the second and third team defense. I would say about 100 yards and two touchdowns. The 10 points we did spot da jags was on 45 yards of penalties. Jag fans just continue to support and lift up your team and head coach more not just when they are winning. Soulja I respect you for being a true jaguar fan at all times. I nominate you as pres of the Jag fan base.

patsfan1...you're a Slap (nothing personal)!  It was a good game...We busted them boys up!  We should have done a better job...but we didn't...don't give me that crap about it was on the 2nd and 3rd team...that's bull!  Our Offense moved the sticks and our Defense hit CL and CM all night...That #4 did a great job!  We'll get better and I sure hope that y'all are ready for the Mustangs...Good Luck!  Wish you guys the best for the rest of the season!

patsfan1...you're a Slap (nothing personal)!  It was a good game...We busted them boys up!  We should have done a better job...but we didn't...don't give me that crap about it was on the 2nd and 3rd team...that's bull!  Our Offense moved the sticks and our Defense hit CL and CM all night...That #4 did a great job!  We'll get better and I sure hope that y'all are ready for the Mustangs...Good Luck!  Wish you guys the best for the rest of the season!

Hey cowboy, what patsfan1 said about the 2nd and 3rd team was true for the most part. Stump did the same thing last week. When Brook got a comfortable lead, he pulled most of his starters (offensive and defensive) to rest them and give the reserves a chance to play. At that point is when Central really started moving the ball, but by then it was too late. As far as the Brook is concerned, I still haven't seen what I would really call a dominating performance from start to finish. Central made a few mistakes and we were there to capitalize on them. But we made a few mistakes of our own. We cannot do the same against a team like Westfield, who we will play this week. In order for the Bruins to compete in the upper tiers of 5A football, we are gonna have to play mistake free, four quarter football.......which is something we haven't done yet. I give them a B for overall team performance. Jags, I'll give you a B+ in the first half, and a C- in the second half. Keep your heads up Jags, you are gonna win some ball games this year. That defense of yours is stellar, and ya'll did a great job of slowing down our offense. Bruins, we still have some things to work on, but if we show up to play Friday night against Westfield, we should be fine. I think we can beat them in a close game.

The rankings, especially the AP, is a joke. We had the Mustangs on the ropes last year, at their house. If it weren't for a couple of questionable calls by the refs, we might have won that game. This year, it's at our house. If we show up to play our game, I think we can play with anybody in the state. Even Westfield. They are a good team, but we aren't too shabby, either! ;) They might win, but it isn't gonna be a blowout like "the experts" are saying. They've got a very good quarterback that can run his offense. They are ranked higher, IMO, because they are a Houston area school and they get more exposure. Most of them haven't seen our offense, or defense and dont think we can play because we are from a smaller town. They should get all they want from the Bruins come Friday. ;)

The rankings, especially the AP, is a joke. We had the Mustangs on the ropes last year, at their house. If it weren't for a couple of questionable calls by the refs, we might have won that game. This year, it's at our house. If we show up to play our game, I think we can play with anybody in the state. Even Westfield. They are a good team, but we aren't too shabby, either! ;) They might win, but it isn't gonna be a blowout like "the experts" are saying. They've got a very good quarterback that can run his offense. They are ranked higher, IMO, because they are a Houston area school and they get more exposure. Most of them haven't seen our offense, or defense and dont think we can play because we are from a smaller town. They should get all they want from the Bruins come Friday. ;)

WB got flat out ROBBED last year. those refs were paid IMO.  >:(  sorry had to vent  :D

No ;ove here... I picked WB to win, but I will talk trash.  Brook is a better team with a better OC and they should have won.  I think for us to go a half and play strong was more than I expected us to do against a 5A top 10.  Brook D is not all that sufficating, Central runs a ball control offense.  The only way they could keep it close was by using up th clock, but you can't do that and commit turnovers.  Brook is explosive and I know this.  We all know this.  But I will trash talk and except ever point for what it was!  Central imploded under all the pressure in the second half and began to fade.  You can't miss opportunities against a better team and the Jags missed alot. I don't care if the fourth team was in the game, the score is what it is.  I think WB has a chance to push for state and I will be on the sideline watching my family... But don't get me wrong... Jag for life!!!!

Hey cowboy, what patsfan1 said about the 2nd and 3rd team was true for the most part. Stump did the same thing last week. When Brook got a comfortable lead, he pulled most of his starters (offensive and defensive) to rest them and give the reserves a chance to play. At that point is when Central really started moving the ball, but by then it was too late. As far as the Brook is concerned, I still haven't seen what I would really call a dominating performance from start to finish. Central made a few mistakes and we were there to capitalize on them. But we made a few mistakes of our own. We cannot do the same against a team like Westfield, who we will play this week. In order for the Bruins to compete in the upper tiers of 5A football, we are gonna have to play mistake free, four quarter football.......which is something we haven't done yet. I give them a B for overall team performance. Jags, I'll give you a B+ in the first half, and a C- in the second half. Keep your heads up Jags, you are gonna win some ball games this year. That defense of yours is stellar, and ya'll did a great job of slowing down our offense. Bruins, we still have some things to work on, but if we show up to play Friday night against Westfield, we should be fine. I think we can beat them in a close game.

I spoke to some coaches this morning while dropping off my brother and they said that only subs Brook made on D was the 2 Defensive Tackles...the rest of the D stayed intact for most of the fourth quarter!  I know it is common for a team to take out the #1's when they get ahead big....either way the Bruins need to get ready for the Mustangs!  I do hope y'all win out...that would be great for the BMT and those kids!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124