Hey Jody

I saw a post one time where you said you lived in Orange once. When was that and where did you live?

I lived in Orange between 2000 and 2002. I don't recall the name of the neighborhood. The neighborhood was close to the Walmart and the DQ...... :D All the streets were names after plants or trees. My wife is from Orange, born and raised...poor thing.... :D I Owned a Photography Business there and my Wife did most all the school pictures (graduation, drill-teams, etc). She worked with LCM, WOS, Orangefield, and others. She also did MANY weddings. I now reside back West of the Trinity in The Barbers Hill School District.

Let me guess, you live in Bridge City next to the Corn Dog Stand. :wink:

Those are some good Cron Dogs by the way........ :!:

Just FYI' date=' that neighborhood is called Rose Lawn. I grew up in that neighborhood as did Griff, Andrew and Daniel. Why did you guys move back to the Hill?[/quote']

I transferred to the Houston/Deer Park area. I actually like the area, except the drive between Beaumont and Orange on I-10. That is a death trap!

I was looking to buy a home in a new neighborhood in Bridge City just before I got the opportunity to transfer. There are some really nice folks over that way.

Even though they are nice, does not get them out of a little smack talk..... :D:D:D:D

Hey Jody (I am stealing this forum) you work a lot with camera's ' date=' I know you had a nice one at the BC football game...My wife just bought me an Olympus Evolt E-500...and I am lost...cept for the auto picture...any good books or websights for picture taking?[/quote']

Sure, here are a few links that can help you. I am not familiar with that camera, however thse two books are VERY good and you can learn a lot from them. Keep in mind, Digital exposures and equipment are very different from 35 mm, however the 35 mm book listed below is very informative from a general photography standpoint. I have foud Kodak to have very simple and informative books.

Kodak Guide to 35 mm Photography ($4.00 to $5.00)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087985801X/104-7764831-1048731?v=glance&n=283155

The Kodak Most Basic Book for Digital Photography ($8.00 to $10.00)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579907628/sr=1-2/qid=1155569046/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-7764831-1048731?ie=UTF8&s=books

Hope this helps.

Hey Jody (I am stealing this forum) you work a lot with camera's ' date=' I know you had a nice one at the BC football game...My wife just bought me an Olympus Evolt E-500...and I am lost...cept for the auto picture...any good books or websights for picture taking?[/quote']

Also, make sure to get a good digital imaging software package. Adobe Photoshop is really good, but it is pricy if you buy it new. A less expensive package is Paintshop Pro, however it is pretty good.

If you want Photoshop, PM me and I'll help you out :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder