THE WOS MUSTANGS

jr1979

Great game tonight, you guys are almost at mid season from. Readers, this is only my opinion, and everyone is entilted to their own. This group of seniors is the only JV squad at WOS,when they were sophomores, to go undefeated in a long time. I'm sure WOS87 can help me out more with the last time the JV at WOS went undefeated. Back to why I'm writing this post. This team went undefeated running a similar offense they ran tonight against the Nederaland bulldogs, and no I'm not talking about the spread. This offense works for the personel that we have this year, so WHY try to fix it. Let's  face it MUSTANG FANS, we are a RUN first team. Not to take anything from our GREAT receiving corp, but I know and you should also, THAT THE RUN OPENS UP THE PASSING GAME.

LET'S GO MUSTANGS.

They did look great!! In one week there were no Tongues hanging out like last week. The were certainly in much better shape. The OL did much better as well.

Kids were dropping like flies due to cramps...  also, why dont we use the option more???????

As to be expected, it was a hot humid night.  Some of Ned's players were battling cramps and fatigue too. 

They did look great!! In one week there were no Tongues hanging out like last week. The were certainly in much better shape. The OL did much better as well.

Kids were dropping like flies due to cramps...  also, why dont we use the option more???????

I agree BCWOSfan, we might have been more competitve if we could have sustain any drives. The Dogs had way too many 3 and outs, no pressure on the Stangs defense. They did cramp up mid 4th, but we would go 3 and and out.

We get back our starters, put Grogan back at defense we wil be competitve for a playoff run

I agree BCWOSfan, we might have been more competitve if we could have sustain any drives. The Dogs had way too many 3 and outs, no pressure on the Stangs defense. They did cramp up late mid 4th, but we would go 3 and and out.

WE ARE 3A. LOTS OF ATHLETES OR KIDS HAVE TO GO BOTH WAYS. WE WILL BE ALRIGHT.

Guest GoStangs

The offense was good, but it still looked like a lot of work needed to be done.  Garrett is great, but as soon as he gets stopped, WOS will be in a bit of trouble.  Defensively, WOS played well, but they'll have to improve, also, especially on pass defense.

It looked like a typical first game -- WOS has the potential to be pretty solid, but they're far from that point right now.

I thought the pass defense was very good, tight coverage all night.  The QB/receiver combo for Nederland is going to put up some numbers this year, thats a fact.  Overall a well played 1st game, few penalties and no red zone brain freezes.  Hopefully we get to play next week.

Majestyk, I think you're right about the coverage.  Other than the busted coverage on the first TD, Cardenas was blanketed all night, but still Bellows threw it up to him and he went up and caught it.  This combo is going to be very tough to stop.  If I'm #3, when the play starts to go south, I'm throwing it up in #21's direction.

Majestyk, I think you're right about the coverage.  Other than the busted coverage on the first TD, Cardenas was blanketed all night, but still Bellows threw it up to him and he went up and caught it.  This combo is going to be very tough to stop.  If I'm #3, when the play starts to go south, I'm throwing it up in #21's direction.

Yeah, cardenas has some great hands. That circus catch he made over Josh last night was awesome! Josh had the coverage on him, sometimes athletes just make plays and that's what he did.

Guest GoStangs

There were several blown coverages, although NED wasn't able to connect on all of them.  Also, WOS got very little pressure in the backfield during the pass plays.  They obviously dropped more back into coverage, but the front three didn't really exert much force on the QB.  WOS has a lot of athletes that can make some good plays, but they looked rusty.  Had NED been a little stronger on the pass and mixed it with the run a little more, I don't think WOS would have held them to only two TDs.

GoStangs, that's a pretty fair analysis.  I don't like playing if's and but's, but Nederland had every opportunity to make a very close game of it, just didn't make a couple of key plays.  I do think WOS was the better team, but Nederland beats teams that are better than them if they make the key plays, just didn't happen last night.  I think both teams best football is ahead of them, Nederland's is probably a little farther down the road by a couple of weeks, need a little more gellin. 

There were several blown coverages, although NED wasn't able to connect on all of them.  Also, WOS got very little pressure in the backfield during the pass plays.  They obviously dropped more back into coverage, but the front three didn't really exert much force on the QB.  WOS has a lot of athletes that can make some good plays, but they looked rusty.  Had NED been a little stronger on the pass and mixed it with the run a little more, I don't think WOS would have held them to only two TDs.

WOS only rushed 3 all night long. I wondered about that at first, but you can't argue with the results. I don't think the intent was to put a ton of pressure on the QB. I felt we did very well in coverage. There were several batted down balls and off target passes where the reciever was blanketed. That's just good defense. Obviously, Coach T felt we had the athletes to contain the passing attack and not give up the run. Apparently, it was the right call. I feel Ned didn't run more because they couldn't, 8 of their 16 runs went for 0 or negative yards. They didn't establish the run because they couldn't. Anytime a team is succssful at moving the ball, they will score more points. I think the trouble they had more to do with an outstanding defensive effort than Ned miscues or bad play calling. I will agree, we have plenty of room for improvement on the blown pass coverages, but I know that will be corrected. I feel the defense is VERY solid right now and could be great down the road.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83