Good evening....Thoughts from the heart

I know this is not the weather forum, but many do not venture in that area.

I'm speaking from my heart, with some good inside knowledge, that if you do not have plans to leave this weekend, please do so accordingly. Hotels are already filled up as far as Corsicana, plus it's Labor Day weekend.

We have a very serious situation on our hands, GUSTAV, who I have nicknamed GUSTAVO MENDOZA. Forget the tracks or what you think you may hear about a landfall in Louisiana, we will likely be in harm's way come Tuesday. If Gustav makes landfall at Cameron Parish, do you know that's nearly the same location RITA landed? Most forecasts say at least a Cat 3, and if I'm not mistaken, Rita weakened to a high-end Cat 2 when landing.

Football season may be in jeopardy, but lives are more important. Be advised not to take the 'oh it's not coming here, i'm staying' route. It could be weeks before any running water or electricity is turned on.

Whatever you believe in or pray to, I would add a little prayer for SETX/SWLA and all of our leaders, plus people that will work to help put the pieces back together, as they did in 2005.

I may be a bit overbearing, overboard, but this is not a scare tactic. SETX is my home.

You may hit us GUSY.....BUT YOU WON'T KEEP US DOWN LONG!!!!

May God be with each and every one of you!!! Good Luck and God bless!!!

I know this is not the weather forum, but many do not venture in that area.

I'm speaking from my heart, with some good inside knowledge, that if you do not have plans to leave this weekend, please do so accordingly. Hotels are already filled up as far as Corsicana, plus it's Labor Day weekend.

We have a very serious situation on our hands, GUSTAV, who I have nicknamed GUSTAVO MENDOZA. Forget the tracks or what you think you may hear about a landfall in Louisiana, we will likely be in harm's way come Tuesday. If Gustav makes landfall at Cameron Parish, do you know that's nearly the same location RITA landed? Most forecasts say at least a Cat 3, and if I'm not mistaken, Rita weakened to a high-end Cat 2 when landing.

Football season may be in jeopardy, but lives are more important. Be advised not to take the 'oh it's not coming here, i'm staying' route. It could be weeks before any running water or electricity is turned on.

Whatever you believe in or pray to, I would add a little prayer for SETX/SWLA and all of our leaders, plus people that will work to help put the pieces back together, as they did in 2005.

I may be a bit overbearing, overboard, but this is not a scare tactic. SETX is my home.

You may hit us GUSY.....BUT YOU WON'T KEEP US DOWN LONG!!!!

May God be with each and every one of you!!! Good Luck and God bless!!!

Ive been trying to get my entire family motivated to take action early but none of them are taking this serious...Early next week is gonna be hell!!!

Guest setxgal

That is a great post!!!

I am leaving Sat  and if it ends up not coming here I will have a little vacation in Austin!!! The idea of leaving after an evac is called scares me almost as much as  the hurricane. I was in traffic for 12 hrs with a newborn in '92 and 2yr old  and we only got to Zavalla...It took years  before I didn't get mad in bumper to bumper traffic ....I may look scared leaving early but the roads are clear!! ;)

Guest setxgal

man when we evacuated from Lili was more frustrating than leaving from Andrew. i was so mad when we turned around and went home in 1992, farthest we got was Winnie. at least we got to lufkin in 2002  :D

When people say they aren't leaving it is usu due to leaving before, fighting traffic and then turning around so they think the next one will be the same way....I'd rather be safe and frustrated ...

The "good" thing.... if you can call it "good" it that all of the Houston people would not be evacuating like they were in Houston.  That many people going north severly limited our options on routes we could take... I 45 should be a clearer path than last time was....

I talked  with several Hardin and jefferson  County officials tonight and they said the same thing....

Great post Chad!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami