West Brook - Ozen on NBC Friday Night

If any one talks to Mr. Barton. Ask him how much it would cost to broadcast this game. I'm sure WESTENDERS can afford it.

As for me...I would tape it, but like Michael Jackson said..."I'll be there!!!"

How can you miss a chance to see C. Mike????

Like the man said, Barton already has contracts with schools ( Nederland, PNG, and PAM ) and he is obligated to them. It's all about money. Bmt Kelly obviously stepped up and provided some sponsors to get the telecast. That's why we are broadcasting the teams we are doing ( Kirbyville, Silsbee, Lumberton, and BISD GOW ) because we got sponsor money to do it along with them providing their own broadcast teams.. If other schools would come up with their own money and broadcast teams, we would do them also.

One thing that I should have been more clear about on the issue of sponsorship. That money comes from area merchant and corporate sponsors, not any ISD. As far as contracts go, not sure how ironclad they are but an iron wall has been thrown up in some places. My believe is that it constitutes a monopoly, which I hate but what do I know. But as an American I've grown accustomed to options. Kelly was the first on board mostly because few wanted to open that door. Since then the Stump brothers and others have consented. Mike is actively lobbying that guy across the tracks to come on board and think he will agree. I know those people want to show off those new digs. Again, give it chance. Watch the West Brook game tonight at 10:35 and see what I mean.

It's not about broadcasting the best game, but about who is going to pony up to take care of the costs.

Guest SunCat

The Kelly backers most have some $$$ to sponsor this.

I doubt anybody's game would make a real ratings impact. Fans go to the games - nobody else cares.

The re-runs are a nice keepsake to record for the kids.

Well after all is said in done you will have a hard time getting Sheffield Productions after this year, Kelly will be so satisfied with their product they may up the ante and lock them down for a big contract. Its not all about money, there are contracts involved with Schools, Sponsorships, T.V. Stations, etc. It would be nice to be able to pick a BIG GAME and go film it, but it just doesn't work that way. Some of the filming crews are in it for the money and some are in it for a quality product, i leave that up for everyone to decide after this year who is who. Why on Friday Night are there 20 different Photographers on the sidelines but yet you cannot have 2 Video Crews? Contracts. The best thing to do is talk with your School District Personnel in charge of the contracts. Nothing better than a little competition. Finally for a first year out on their own i think the schedule is find.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01