Port Neches-Groves quarterback considering Lamar scholarship offer

Guest abovetherim

Looks like Coach Woodard is looking at some good QB's, Tatum, Bevil and Chiasson. These are all I know of at the present time. They are all studs but bring something different to the position.

rim,you know im a big png supporter but im not sure tatum is what were looking for.he may change my mind this year but ive watched the kid since he was a sophmore and im not seeing it.great kid from a great family but he's really got to step up his play to make it in major college ball.

I think Tatums biggest problem has been the system and the lack of WR's. Johnson dropped a lot of balls last year ( a lot). And the fact that they only threw in obvious passing downs and ran the same stupid one step pump fake, three step pass deep play all the time really hurt him. He tends to over throw hi wide outs quite a bit, which I think is a product of having a big arm and no speed at wideout to go get it. He does throw a nice tight spiral and can chunk it deep with the best of 'em in the HS ranks. I think if Chaisson comes and Tatum would obviously RS his first year (no LU Footbal on 2009), he could be an asset in 2012 as a Junior after Chaisson. At the very least he could be a good backup.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    doctorelviss
    Newest Member
    doctorelviss