Deweyville Game Change

Guest ECBucFan

hopefully this was the only game deweyville could find because deweyville should be in the hunt for a playoff spot and playing Sabine Pass wont get them ready for teams like EC and Hardin

It sure beats sitting at home on a Friday night watching TV while everyone else plays. Both teams will benefit. Both will get snaps, kicks, defenses, etc. in. The score is secondary. I am glad this worked out for both teams.

hopefully this was the only game deweyville could find because deweyville should be in the hunt for a playoff spot and playing Sabine Pass wont get them ready for teams like EC and Hardin

It sure beats sitting at home on a Friday night watching TV while everyone else plays. Both teams will benefit. Both will get snaps, kicks, defenses, etc. in. The score is secondary. I am glad this worked out for both teams.

Amen to that, to have a team cancell on you in August leaves you scrambling to find an opponent, any opponent, and we are thankful to Sabine Pass for helping us out.

This is just speculation on my part, but in looking at the Louisiana schedules, it looked like Lousiana High School season started September 5, not August 28th, like it does in Texas.

It could be that Vinton would not have been allowed to play a game on the 29th as it would have been too early for them.  I agree with Gasilla, though that cancelling it this late is curious.  But perhaps the Vinton officials did not snap to that until recently.

This is just speculation on my part, but in looking at the Louisiana schedules, it looked like Lousiana High School season started September 5, not August 28th, like it does in Texas.

It could be that Vinton would not have been allowed to play a game on the 29th as it would have been too early for them.  I agree with Gasilla, though that cancelling it this late is curious.  But perhaps the Vinton officials did not snap to that until recently.

That's true.

Didn't I read that they played last year? Maybe this was something that LA did after last year (move the season back a week). At any rate, I would be highly upset if a team up and dropped on me 2 weeks before the season started. I'm surprised that they were able to find someone to play on such short notice.

That's true.

Didn't I read that they played last year? Maybe this was something that LA did after last year (move the season back a week). At any rate, I would be highly upset if a team up and dropped on me 2 weeks before the season started. I'm surprised that they were able to find someone to play on such short notice.

Yes, they did play last year.  Lousiana's Week 1 and Texas' Week 0 started on the same weekend (August 31) last year.  I agree, if that is the reason, Vinton officials shouls have been a little more on that ball. 

As for the opponent, it looks like Sabine Pass was the only team in the area which had an open date in Week 0 AND did not already have 10 games on their schedule.  In that respect, the Pirates were lucky.

Guest ECBucFan

[Amen to that, to have a team cancell on you in August leaves you scrambling to find an opponent, any opponent, and we are thankful to Sabine Pass for helping us out.

I know what you mean. EC had a district opponent bail out at the last minuite a few seasons ago, and it was EC's Homecoming game!

[Amen to that, to have a team cancell on you in August leaves you scrambling to find an opponent, any opponent, and we are thankful to Sabine Pass for helping us out.

I know what you mean. EC had a district opponent bail out at the last minuite a few seasons ago, and it was EC's Homecoming game!

?????????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476