New band director named at Lamar

Guest abovetherim

Guest coachacola

there was an error on the page..

what's his name?

From the LU website: Deppe named director of LU bands.

Deppe earned a bachelor of fine arts in music education with an emphasis on instrumental music from Stephen F. Austin State University in 1985 and a master of music education degree from Lamar in 1990.

His 22 years of teaching experience includes a local connection.  He taught band for five years at Bridge City High School.  He has also taught in Nacogdoches, Spring Hill, Jasper, The Woodlands and, most recently, at Klein High School in Spring.  In Deppe’s three years at Klein, the marching band competed at the Texas 5A State Marching Contest, while the symphonic band won the South Coast Music Festival in Corpus Christi.

Link: http://www.lamar.edu/newsevents/news/207_6769.htm

Guest tigersvoice

This is my second-favorite thing about football coming back.  I am pumped about having a bigger band and a marching band.  (My favorite is getting to watch Lamar football.)

Good grief, I remember the GREAT BANDS Lamar used to field during football season.  The fanfares before the game were some of the greatest in America, I am sure.  Really, hearing them caused the hair to stand up on

the back of my neck and it was still 10 minutes till game time.  The band is

an important part of the football games.  I look forward to the whole spectacle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami