NAFA Nationals Local Teams

saw some good softball teams from the area today in Sulphur. OCG lost a close one to a very good La. United team. OC also lost to a good team in Challengers, and GT Gold beat the Katy Cruisers Gold. Looking forward to seeing more tomorrow

OCG lost to LA Patriots not the United 2-0.  Then beat Tx. Blitz 9-0.  Play again at 9:30am Wednesday.

Guest WeedBegone

Rowdie still in.  We are on a break right now.  Won at 11:30 tonight, drove home home at 12:30 and dont have a game until 7:30 A.M tomorrow.  Darn it.  Good night John Boy. 

saw some good softball teams from the area today in Sulphur. OCG lost a close one to a very good La. United team. OC also lost to a good team in Challengers, and GT Gold beat the Katy Cruisers Gold. Looking forward to seeing more tomorrow

OCG lost to LA Patriots not the United 2-0.  Then beat Tx. Blitz 9-0.  Play again at 9:30am Wednesday.

Did you win at 9:30?

Did you win at 9:30?

Nope......Got beat by Alvin "NO Fear" Gold  - 5-1

What a great week for a softball tourney. It was fun to see many local kids and parents at the fields in Sulphur. Got a chance to watch Rowdie play and they looked good. Heck they lasted longer than any GT area team. Weed can coach a mean 1st base and keep the crowd entertained. The GT Shockers Gold did well, winning 3 or 4 bracket games before bowing out to the ULL pitcher who was playing for LA United Gold and a scrappy LA Voodoo team. Darn Louisiana teams!!! Was really great  to see DaMan and former player of mine Lana Bowers, ULL catcher supporting the girls. I saw some great softball and some great hospitality. Never hurts to be 8 miles from the boats!!  Good luck to all the teams and hope to see you in OK City!!!!

Guest WeedBegone

Great tournament --Rowdie had to come home tonight. 

WeedBegone is home and last i heard was that my A$$ is still at exit 873.  Its been dragging behing all day long--so i left it there when i was getting gas.

I will be working on my Weedreport on the Rowdie as soon as I ZZZZZZZZZ

What a great week for a softball tourney. It was fun to see many local kids and parents at the fields in Sulphur. Got a chance to watch Rowdie play and they looked good. Heck they lasted longer than any GT area team. Weed can coach a mean 1st base and keep the crowd entertained. The GT Shockers Gold did well, winning 3 or 4 bracket games before bowing out to the ULL pitcher who was playing for LA United Gold and a scrappy LA Voodoo team. Darn Louisiana teams!!! Was really great  to see DaMan and former player of mine Lana Bowers, ULL catcher supporting the girls. I saw some great softball and some great hospitality. Never hurts to be 8 miles from the boats!!  Good luck to all the teams and hope to see you in OK City!!!!

I was glad to visit with Lana.  I owed her an apology, which she gracefully accepted.  Her senior year in

HS, I called several games behind her.  She told me she would be the next ULL catcher.  At that time, I

thought differently.  Got my ULL cap, she and a couple of the other ULL players autographed it.  I also

ump'ed behind a red-shirted ULL catcher from the Rebels.  I asked her if she played a different position,

cause unless grades or injury came into to play, she would be drawing splinters.  [God forbid]She is a middle infielder.

A great gal.  The whole Rebel team was a joy to umpire for.

Also, a pitcher #21 for ULL, [i can't spell her name, but a great gal] reminded me of a do-over call I made

when she was pitching in a college exposure tournament against OCG.  A high pitch I called for a strike,

then immediately called time and hollar "Do Over, that was a terrible call."  She played for Mike Hardy and

the LAUnited.  Mike was laughing so hard he could not argue the call.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder