My Trip to Boston for Yankee/Red Sox series

Will leave this Friday morning for the night game against Yankees, Saturday's game is 3 pm.

My view for Friday's game is 8 rows from bottom, CF.

4707254178e663078fcfh5.jpg

Hope to share the sites of Fenway on the board this weekend, might have a few pics of some guys you might recognize.

Admin,

Have a great trip. Bring back some pics.

Yankee/Sox games are always a blast.  When I lived in NY as a kid, I was about 15 minutes from THE STADIUM. We always got tickets for the Obstructed view only area with the huge green pillars in front of us. I think they were  $1.50 a seat back then. Usually in the 2nd-3rd inning, we'd sneak down to the Box seats and try to find unoccupied ones- ;D .  We got chased a few times but for the most part, we were able to stay there for the rest of the game.

We'd get tickets for just about every Boston series.  (some pretty decent fights in the stands too!!)

The atmosphere in the stadium was incredible...You could feel the excitement 2 hours before the first pitch.

I remember back in Little League days, we were able to walk the field before game time, out towards the monuments in center field..I was about 9-10 years old and was able to stand in center field looking up like  :o  , thinking Joe D. and Mickey Mantle stood right in this spot.  Getting goosebumps thinking about that.  Have some great memories of those days.

Sorry guys..getting a little sentimental here..1.gif

Boston's Fenway Park is just hard to describe, so you baseball fans, it's a must before you leave this Earth. We arrived about 3:00 pm for Friday's 7:00 pm start of the 1st game of a 3 game series with the Yankees. The restaurants and streets were already packed,  everyone had a hat or jersey with their respective team, Yankee or Red Sox.

The 1st game of the series was Becket against Joba Chamberlain. Our seats were in Centerfield, the atmosphere was crazy as the Yankee and Red Sox fans went toe to toe. About the 3rd inning we got the call, 2 seats opened behind home plate and thanks to our local Red Sox player from Lumberton, we made the move.

Chamberlain and Beckett both threw gas, but the Yanks squeezed it out 1-0. After we made the move to home plate we noticed a guy in front of us texting almost every play in Spanish. He obviously didn't hide his phone and the name he was sending the text to was Manny Ramirez. Manny had set out Friday's for a tweak knee, so I just asked him. He told me yes and Manny was down in the club house.

After the game we were invited to a special  Irish restaurant/pub in the city and used a specific code at the door since the line was a block long when we got there. I will not go into a lot of details, but we were rushed in and I personally asked Joba Chamberlain was he throwing at Youk in the 7th.

Saturday’s game was a blow out by the Yanks. Petitte was brilliant. I was in the bullpen watching both Wakefield and Petitte warm up, the Red Sox fans were on Pettitte pretty hard. Like “Hey Pettitte, it’s free needle dayâ€

Alex Rodriquez is a huge man, Derek Jeter is for real.

I noticed at Fenway, this is Red Sox territory. You want hear or see anything to do with Celtics or Patriots. Both fans of the Yanks and Red Sox are the most knowledgeable I’ve ever been around, they know the game.

I’ll post some pics later.

Game 3 has started, I'm back home but wishing we could have stayed for it. It's on ESPN right now.

Every seat is taken, you can't see on TV but they're 8 to 9 deep standing under the 1st and 2nd level. You might not notice but the dugouts are many steps from home plate. all the seats are wood and very small.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami