Nederland Babe Ruth 14 Year Old Regional - Bryant, Arkansas

Team reports to Bryant, Arkansas Thursday @ 12:30 pm.

Game 2 Fri 11:00 am Nederland, TX vs Mountain Home, AR

Game 3 Fri 1:30 pm Seminole, TX vs Benton, AR

Game 4 Fri 4:00 pm Pine Bluff, AR vs Denham Springs, LA

Game 1 Fri 7:30 pm Long Beach, MS vs Bryant, AR

Game 5 Sat 12:00 pm Weimar, TX vs Winner Gm 1

Game 6 Sat 2:30 pm Loser 2 vs Loser 1

Game 7 Sat 5:00 pm Loser 5 vs Loser 4

Game 8 Sat 7:30 pm Winner 6 vs Loser 3

Game 9 Sun 12:00 pm Winner 2 vs Winner 3

Game 10 Sun 2:30 pm Winner 5 vs Winner 4

Game 11 Sun 5:00 pm Loser 9 vs Winner 7

Game 12 Sun 7:30 pm Loser 10 vs Winner 8

Game 13 Mon 2:30 pm Winner 9 vs Winner 10

Game 14 Mon 5:00 pm Winner 12 vs Winner 11

Game 15 Mon 7:30 pm Loser 13 vs Winner 14

Championship  Tuesday TBA  Winner 13 vs Winner 15

Roster:  Daniel Atterberry, Brett Brown, Trey Broussard, Corbin Carr, David Conley, Trent Fontenot, Gerran Freeman, Hunter Knox, Kohl Lasell, Jacob Pitts, Ryan Quinn, Justin Ridgaway, Stephen Schlett, Daniel Sparrow, Jordan Wood.

Nederland Babe Ruth 14 Year Old All Stars beat Mountain Home, Arkansas 15 to 1 in 5 innings.  Trent Fontenot pitched 4 innings allowing one run on 4 hits and 7 strikeouts.  Ryan Quinn pitched the 3 up 3 down fifth inning.  Jacob Pitts went 3 for 4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBIs, Hunter Knox went 2 for 2 with a triple, Stephen Schlett and Daniel Sparrow also each had doubles.  Next game is against the winner of Seminole, Texas and Benton, Arkansas at 12:00pm Sunday.

1 2 3 4 5  R  H  E

NBR 14S              0 0 0 3 12 15 10  1

Mountain Home AR 1 0  0 0  0  1  4  0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  R     H    E

NBR 14S                        4 2 0 0 7 1 0  14    13   4

Seminole Texas               0 4 0 0 3 1 0  8     4    5

Winning Pitcher:  Kohl Lasell   Closed by Ryan Quinn

Hunter Knox was 2 for 4 with a double and a triple

Trent Fontenot 2 for 2 with a double;  Brett Brown was 3 for 3

Daniel Sparrow had 3 rbis on a single and 2 sac flys

Singles by:  Jacob Pitts, Jordan Wood, Stephen Schlett, Gerran Freeman, and Kohl Lasell.

Next game is Monday at 2:30 PM against Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

1 2 3 4 5  R    H  E

NBR 14S        1 0 0 7 4  12  16  2

Pine Bluff        0 0 0 1 0    1    3  3

WP:  Brett Brown 4 innings  7 Ks 2 Hits    Corbin Carr closed for 1 inning

Stephen Schlett 3 for 3(3b); Brett Brown 2 for 3; Hunter Knox 2 for 3 (2b/3b);David Conley (3b).

Championship will be at 5:00 PM Tuesday.  Team is waiting to see who comes out of losers bracket.  Bryant Arkansas, Mountain Home Arkansas, and Pine Bluff Arkansas reamain.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  R H E

NBR 14S                0 0 4 1 0 0 0  5 8 1

Bryant Arkansas      0 2 0 1 0 0 0  3 6 2

Winning Pitcher and Tournament MVP:  Trent Fontenot  pitched a complete game.

Hunter Knox 2 for 3, Stephen Schlett 1 for 4(2B), Trent Fontenot 2 for 4, Jacob Pitts 1 for 4, Gerran Freeman 1 for 2, Daniel Sparrow 1 for 3.  Next stop is the World Series in Quincy, Massachussetts  August 16-23.

Did they win?? ???  Sound's to me like the manager has plenty of pitching and hasn't had to play enough games to test it.  Four games in each tournament most of which were won by landslide.  I didn't see his son as having pitched either.  Great problem to have.  This is a talented team that is winning.  Too bad people come on here to push their personal favorites, maybe their son, instead of supporting the team's effort.  Players keep playing together and don't listen to the dividers.  Bring home the trophy.

I have read this forum for a year now and I have never posted.  I have to do so now.  I am a parent of one of the players on the 14 year old team.  I was there last year when they played 3 games in one night and started the championship game at 10:00.  I saw those boys leave everything they had on that field in Oklahoma.  I saw those boys bond and make it their mission to get back to the regional tournament and defeat Bryant on their terms.  They circled that date on their calendars and they worked hard to get there.  I saw them do it.  I cried last year as I saw those boys defeated only because they had nothing else to give; I cried this year because I saw them do what they set out to do.  Those of you that are saying these things were not there you have no idea of what went on with these boys.  You also do not understand how close they are.  Port Neches and Nederland doesn't matter on this team; they are one team with one mission. They are so happy, excited and proud of themselves and they should be.  If you would like to congratulate them please do.  If you see them tell them you are proud of them and tell them they have represented our area well and will continue to do so.  But, please stop turning this into questioning what should have happened.  Hunter pitched against Bryant last year and it was nice to have someone they had never seen before.  Everyone can second guess a coach but, did you hear?  WE WON!!

Please read the article on the Port Arthur News today.  You will get a great response as to why Sparrow or Knox did not pitch.  Aplause to 8great.  This is why some teams don't make it far.  Parents talked, talked, second guess decisions(of course they can do it better), can't keep their thoughts to themselves, share them with others(including their kids) and of course, their kid is the best out there.  At the end, the experiences gained is all they will have.  Congratulations to all!!  I know it does not take two kids to make a baseball team.  Last time I checked, it takes 9 to win a game, but it take 15(plus parents and coaches) to win championships.  GO TEAM! Make us Proud.  Bring home the big trophy.

Guest PNG4LIFE

This came from 2 of the Nederland boy's parent's, they think that Pitt's is just not pitching these boy's because they are from Groves and then they just started laughing because of another parent making the comment about not wanting to remove them from SS and catcher because they are too valuable at those positions. This just makes you think twice about playing Nederland Babe Ruth instead of PNG Pony if you are from PNG. I really think that this type of coaching will keep the PNG kid's from playing in Nederland until they are 15 or 16. Again no disrespect to the team but since the topic came up I will reply and if anyone disagrees that Knox is not the best pitcher on this team than let's hear what you have to say. Good Luck guys and bring back the trophy!!

What a disgrace it is for you to come on here and try to make this a Ned vs PNG thing, and who cares who the best pitcher is. The main thing here is for this team to function as 1 and to try their best to bring a World Series trophy home. That's all that matters. Another thing, the last time I checked all the PNG kids have played most of the innings. There are 6 other kids on this team who would love to get more playing time. The main thing is they have accepted this and have kept a good attitude about it. That's what makes them the winners they are today.

GOOD LUCK TEAM!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83