Mason-Griffin's transfer to Oak Hill revives prep school debate

Interesting story. The game has become a business at the amateur level. Kids (sanctioned by parents) with above average skills are trying to get any type of advantage. We're all guilty in some respects. Parents, teachers, coaches, etc.  I wish Mason success with his decision. It's a calculated move that could bring him higher recognition in player rankings for his senior year.

He's a beast, I tell you that.  I have seen him twice against my Jags.  Each game, Mason-Griffin had huge games.  He's pretty much unstoppable.  I believe he should have stayed and played in Houston.  He got exposure in the big Houston vs. the Nations tourney last year.  Everyone knows who he is.

He's a beast, I tell you that.  I have seen him twice against my Jags.  Each game, Mason-Griffin had huge games.  He's pretty much unstoppable.  I believe he should have stayed and played in Houston.  He got exposure in the big Houston vs. the Nations tourney last year.  Everyone knows who he is.

Thkid wanted to play agains the best day -in and day-out....  That is why he left... He was head and shoulders better than anyone he played against last year... He is looking for the challenge and the McDonalds AA Game..

During one of my business trips this past spring, I had the opportunity to visit with several of the players from Oak Hill as we all were waiting on a connecting flight.

All I can say about these young men is that they are the real deal. Very nice, courteous, overflowing with manners. When they got off their previous flight, I at first thought that they were a NBA team, as they had the professional warmups on, etc. I then realized that they were from Oak Hill.

I had recently attended the Sweet Sixteen in Houston and had a t-shirt on from those games. (Awesome experience by the way!) Some of these young men noticed it and asked about the Sweet Sixteen. These young men are very knowledgeable about the game and who is who.

By the way, they each had their school books with them. Huge support & coaching staff that was traveling with them.

I wish Mason-Griffin the best of luck. Just to get approval to go to Oak Hill is a major accomplishment in itself!

The kid was in a tough position. He has reached a super star status on the court and wanted new challenges. I really can't blame him. Tough decision to leave your school mates and the people who came along with you. Thats why 1600 SAT's attend Standford and 800 SAT's attend Sam Houston, SFA, etc. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124