Katy to raise ticket prices to $12.00

Guest etbu

Guest etbu

Saw on the news the  many Houston area schools are raising their prices for tickest to games. Katy is has the biggest jump and they are going from five bucks to twelve. Says they need it to offset the fuel prices to get the kids to the games.  ???

Guest etbu

Those are tickets at the gate but if a student buys early can get them for six dollars which is a two dollar increase from four this year. Season tickets are going up two dollars per ticket and the Clear Creek bunch is rasing their;s one dollar per ticket.

Guest ECBucFan

Doesn't surprise me with the cost of Gas.

Doesn't surprise me, either. Reality is setting in. I predict many schools will look for the closest game possible when schedualing in the future, and most won't want to drive 100+ miles for a game.

Gas prices my butt! How hard is it to travel to your in town stadium, the same one all 6 district schools use, and each team plays at least six games a year in? Is this a Katy Tigers price change, or a district change? Either way it is ridiculous and it sounds more like a pretentious Katy Tiger scam!

Gas prices my butt! How hard is it to travel to your in town stadium, the same one all 6 district schools use, and each team plays at least six games a year in? Is this a Katy Tigers price change, or a district change? Either way it is ridiculous and it sounds more like a pretentious Katy Tiger scam!

Well, they are building a second district stadium and a bunch of new schools. Maybe their trying offset some money issues. I paid Katy ISD school taxes for 3 years and let me tell you this area doesn't know high taxes. Try paying $6,700 a year for all taxes on a $170,000 house plus $1,000 a year for HOA dues. It's crazy. I'm glad I came back home

Well, they are building a second district stadium and a bunch of new schools. Maybe their trying offset some money issues. I paid Katy ISD school taxes for 3 years and let me tell you this area doesn't know high taxes. Try paying $6,700 a year for all taxes on a $170,000 house plus $1,000 a year for HOA dues. It's crazy. I'm glad I came back home

I find it to be absurd to the inth degree! Did anyone see the report on the over abundance of money that the Katy ISD schools have in Booster Club funds? I point to this as it is not legal to carry balances in these funds. This is just absurd!

Guest Pounce

keep in mind that the amount of buses they use. katy is huge. not sure how far the school is to rhodes,but that's something to consider.

Economy is bad J. >:(

all hail king bush and crew...before the democrats took over. ;D

Well, I have to admit he is better than the "a--clown" the Democrats have representing them. And I mean that with the utmost respect. I'm not a big fan of Bush, or McCain, but both of them are better choices than obama-laden hussein! You think things are screwed up now? Wait to see what happens if/when that idiot gets in office.

keep in mind that the amount of buses they use. katy is huge. not sure how far the school is to rhodes,but that's something to consider.

2 miles tops. Katy HS is in the city of Katy, all of the other HS are in the unincorporated areas of Harris County and Ft Bend County.  The farthest is probably Mayde Creek or Taylor. I think thier doing it to get more money for football. They are starting on another stadium that will help Seven Lakes,Cinco Ranch, Taylor and the new high school.

Guest Pounce

Well, I have to admit he is better than the "a--clown" the Democrats have representing them. And I mean that with the utmost respect. I'm not a big fan of Bush, or McCain, but both of them are better choices than obama-laden hussein! You think things are screwed up now? Wait to see what happens if/when that idiot gets in office.

i don't talk about politics,but obama is a good man. i had the pleasure of hearing him speak long before he chose to run for office. i guess you feel the way you do because of what the media has spewed and his name. well what i saw with katrina was horrible and as much as i hate kayne west,he was dead on!!! >:(

i don't talk about politics,but obama is a good man. i had the pleasure of hearing him speak long before he chose to run for office. i guess you feel the way you do because of what the media has spewed and his name. well what i saw with katrina was horrible and as much as i hate kayne west,he was dead on!!! >:(

I dont know about you, Pounced. But I refuse to vote for a man that 1) Is not at all a Godly man. 2) Is a devout Muslim 3) refuses to salute or recognize the American flag. I dont really care what he represents or what his policies are, but those three strikes against him are enough to keep me from voting for him.

I have an Idea ??? Bring the prices back down and buy the football players ten speeds! This way they can get there with no gas, Have a pre game work out and help the world by not encouraging global warming! Than make me feel all Al Gore inside  ;D

GAS PRICES!!!!!!! Are you sure it is not to pay for that multi-million dollar basketball complex they got recently?????????? I know Katy BB games are constant sell-outs and they needed extra space. Seriously though I would charge about 15 a ticket over there. They'll get the money.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124