Bronco and Mustang All-Star Tourney

Guest bbguru01

Guest bbguru01

Has anyone heard anything about the older boys,who is the favorite? I don't recall what towns did good in the Directors tournament.

Guest bbguru01

Hate to hear that.Orange has some depth in its pitching.

I heard Vidor and TC scrimmagged the other night?  How did both teams look?

I heard both Vidor-A and TC-A looked good in the scrimmage. I know Vidor A is very deep with pitching. I coach Vidor B and we are ok with pitching. We are going to scrimmage TC-B Thursday and hopefully get a good look at where we need some improvement. Good Luck to all the Mustang teams!!

Guest bbguru01

I heard both Vidor-A and TC-A looked good in the scrimmage. I know Vidor A is very deep with pitching. I coach Vidor B and we are ok with pitching. We are going to scrimmage TC-B Thursday and hopefully get a good look at where we need some improvement. Good Luck to all the Mustang teams!!

Thanks die hard

I believe Orange will be competitive also..I heard TC looks good .I also heard the fields are in great shape in TC.

Let me know how yalls scrimmage goes .Good luck to yall.

Guest bbguru01

No I am not coaching,just a parent.I know alot of kids and alot of coaches from around here.

Just saw there was alot of conversation about the Shetland tourney and wanted to start some about Bronco and Mustang..

Guest bbguru01

does anyone know if Vidor,Groves or TC  teams have a scrimmagged lined up for tomorrow night?

Has anyone else scrimmagged anyone?  Any select teams scrimmage any of these teams?

I heard the Hurricanes are suppose to be playing one of the Vidor teams or was suppose to play them.

Guest bbguru01

Any conversation on these these teams? trying to get a little chatter going  for these upcoming tournaments.

Anyone seen any of the Mustang or Bronco teams practice or scrimmage yet? On the Shetland tourney there is all kinds of conversation..

The Vidor Bronco division has lost about 15 players to select this year. Just about all of them, were regulars on the All Star teams.Except for one, the top pitchers at that age, are all playing select.Although, I wish them well, don't think they will be near as strong as last years Bronco team.

Guest bbguru01

Yea select has taken alot of good players away..although there is still alot of good ball players still playing league ball.

Some league's are thinking about not playing on saturday's to lure some select players back into league ball.I believe this would help in the older kids playing league during the week and having there weekends free to play with there select teams.

Select has some advantages over leagues only because of coaching, Select ball is not the answer for every kid some just havent developed enough.  I know Vidor has lost several players to select this season, but the other kids that played league where able to play different positions and develop further. Bronco and Pony age kids who are advanced need good coaches to develope furthur to be competitive for highschool and hopefully college, Unless your willing to fork up dollars, you might as well just be content with league ball. A joint effort by all the area leagues could enhance the level of league play for bronco and pony. and still keep it affordable

You both make great points , and I wasn't trying to take anything away from this years Vidor Bronco team. But I do believe there is a need for select and league. I wish more local leagues would learn to intergrate league and select. Make it easier for select kids to play league with their friends, and still be able to compete at a higher level. Just check out Katy PONY web site , it is a very good example of a league that has combined with select. Instead of leagues getting upset when kids leave for select they should be reaching out to them ,and figure out ways to intergrate .They are just kids who want to take it to the next level. You are right, I think the kids playing league in Vidor Bronco will step it up , and  I hope they do well.

You both make great points , and I wasn't trying to take anything away from this years Vidor Bronco team. But I do believe there is a need for select and league. I wish more local leagues would learn to intergrate league and select. Make it easier for select kids to play league with their friends, and still be able to compete at a higher level. Just check out Katy PONY web site , it is a very good example of a league that has combined with select. Instead of leagues getting upset when kids leave for select they should be reaching out to them ,and figure out ways to intergrate .They are just kids who want to take it to the next level. You are right, I think the kids playing league in Vidor Bronco will step it up , and  I hope they do well.

Quite apologizing Benn -- tell us how you really feel.  We all know that you are a Select Snob!  ;D Just kidding!  Our little teeballers will be playing for the Championship tomorrow night. FYI -- several Fall Ball grads made the team. 

LOL - you've heard that speech before.That's great about the Shetland team !!!! I would be there to watch and cheer , but we are headed out of town this weekend. Good luck to Vidor  Shetland ,Pinto,Mustang and Bronco All stars.

Benn Sanford

Benn, Hey this is Troy. What is Katy's web site can you send me a link I would to check it out. I would love to see the league open up for select players. It could easily be managed, the leagues problem and I speak for our league only is having talented coaches who can bring kids to the next level. Most Dads can't coach past bronco or even mustang. If they themselves have not been trained at higher levels. They can yell and get upset real well, But coaching  the kids to be better players over a period time is what is needed. At a price the average family can afford. After watching the College world series it seems to me (and I may be wrong) that alot of those players have rich daddys that can afford the instrutions it takes to get in one those BIG Time schools.Not to mention the sponserships. I can only imagine how many average and lower income kids who have the talent get left behind because they cant afford to train thier kids or afford to play select. You have to admit that Ford Park makes a heck a profit off baseball,and softball.

And the Bronco Allstar for Vidor would be unstopable if we had a few players from select back on the team.

Guest bbguru01

There is always a drop off between shetland/pinto to mustang and bronco..

But especially here the last few years.the area is real big on 9u,10u, and all the way up to 16and under select ball.I would commend the leagues around here to somehow integrate the select ball with league ball.even if it just starts out with not playing on weekends.SWB how does Katy integrate the select ball with there league ball?? Do you have a link to that site?

Even if you bring 6 or 7 kids back from select if you dont play on Saturdays ,and hold 3 or 4 back from going select then that is almost a complete team right there.That is an extra 10 or 11 kids that you kept or brought back in your league..

Select isnt going to work around the league's schedule so the next thing would be to work around select schedule..

I know some kids from Vidor that play select that would be in Bronco this year and yes Vidor would have a heck of a team if they were still playing.Orange has lost a few kids and I see more kids going if something dont get done soon.

It's good for some kids and not so good for league's.Alot of kids who think they are ready for select go over there and sit the bench.That to me isnt good for them because they arent getting reps,and playing time.But you cant blame the coach because it is select, and they usually play there best nine on Sundays.But the kids that are ready for select geta higher level of competition and it is great for them to play at that level.So there is good and bad it just depends on the scenario and the child.

The web site is KatyPonyBaseball.org , They have weekends off for league , they register their league teams with USSSA , AA or A ball. They host some USSSA tournaments at their fields. I think one of the CY Fair leagues register es all of their league teams USSSA , A ball. If the league would combine w USSSA you could pull back some of the select players and maybe keep some for ALL Stars. And the local leagues could get together and each host some USSSA tournaments which should be better revenue for the league than PONY tournaments. Still host your usual allstar and directors tournaments w PONY. The leagues could increase revenue this way and may be able to back some select teams of kids who may not be able to afford a straight select team, with all the travel etc. Our area is lucky to have Ford Park they hosted tournaments all most every weekend this spring so travel, if you play primarily in Beaumont; is not an issue for our area.

Guest bbguru01

The web site is KatyPonyBaseball.org , They have weekends off for league , they register their league teams with USSSA , AA or A ball. They host some USSSA tournaments at their fields. I think one of the CY Fair leagues register es all of their league teams USSSA , A ball. If the league would combine w USSSA you could pull back some of the select players and maybe keep some for ALL Stars. And the local leagues could get together and each host some USSSA tournaments which should be better revenue for the league than PONY tournaments. Still host your usual allstar and directors tournaments w PONY. The leagues could increase revenue this way and may be able to back some select teams of kids who may not be able to afford a straight select team, with all the travel etc. Our area is lucky to have Ford Park they hosted tournaments all most every weekend this spring so travel, if you play primarily in Beaumont; is not an issue for our area.

alot of good ideas to think about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami