All Sportsman take notice

Our Texas President is in line with the Enviro Wackos to shut down MAJOR fisheries including the Flower Gardens among MANY others. Heres a link to a free site with info on all Texas outdoors, both hunting and fishing along with other topics very much related to what we here have grown to enjoy. This is a highly moderated family site with 30,000 members, you will have to register and takes about 3 mins. This link will take you to the thread concerning Pres Bush and what he about to do. 

This is the hidden content, please
another taking you directly to the petitions site
This is the hidden content, please
we need your help in keeping the gulf open for our kids and grandkids, if this petition passes the entire gulf will be Zebra striped with no fishing zones including fishing for anything from the beach out. thanks in advance

Thanks for the sticky, now what I'd like to see is some Golden Tri names on the petition, I'm in the 220s. Our Texas Pres has already declared 140,000.square miles off the coast of Hawaii, this area will never be fished again. This could become a serious problem for us here as we're in reach of some of the best fishing in the nation. This closier is creating a petting zoo ONLY for both E n W Flower Garden Banks, Stetson Bank among others for now and they are pushing and suceeding in closing strips of OUR Gulf from the beach front out for ??? miles offshore.

I can't afford the gas to get out that far anyway.        >:( :(

Thats the rite attitude to have, I promise you the 'treehuggers' won't sit back and do NOTHING, as a matter of fact they're hoping you won't take the 2 minutes to voice your concern. Heres a post from 2cool fishing, PLEASE read...I live in southern California and these animal rights folks are closing huge amounts of land not only to hunting but all human activities, google the Mojave Desert Preserve.

Their latest accomplishment is the closed zones off our coast which are expanding, these are called MLPA's, Marine Life Preservation Areas. Trust a stranger here, consider them the devil and never trust a word they say!

they are smart, organized and well funded! They target the most productive areas for closure, which lead to more people fishing/hunting in smaller less productive areas which eventually causes more people to stop fishing and hunting!

I know you folks in Texas have a passion for your hunting and fishing, so never take what you have for granted and never turn your backs on these people!!!

• 2 years later...
Today is the last day for the 5 over 14 flounder limit.12:01 11-1 you can only retain 2 over 14 and no gig.Go get em while ya can.I was wondering when they finally close Rollover how are officials gonna notify the fish their safe harbour/evacuation route to the Gulf is closing forever.How many fish will die if we get a brutal cold winter?

I have the feeling that they will find their way down the coast to get into the open ocean. They will follow the tidal flow when it is going out. I don't believe that millions of fish will gang around where the pass was and camp out there. If they do, it should be some great fishing for a while.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298