EliteXC tonight on CBS

Why do you think a heavyweight boxer wont fight a flyweight, because they can do more damage. I agree that GSP and Anderson would beat him. I guess you only watch the American MMA events. Did you see what Hong Man Choi did to Fedors face???? Hong Man Choi is huge with very little skill but he sure made Fedors face look really bad. People who I think are polished in the MMA game... Anderson Silva, GSP, Jacare, Ricardo Alameda, Nogs, Fedor, Gomi, Matt Linland and Hendo. .. Chuck Liddell is more of a brawler... and if you are telling me that Randy Coture is not more polished then Chuck you are crazy. Take it how you want it, but someone like Kimbo has a PUNCHERS CHANCE because he is so powerful. Do you think that GSP or Anderson Silva could knock out Kimbo with 1 punch... I highly doubt it.

Really anyone can knock anyone out with one punch in those fighters. They all pack enough pack punch to do it.

The point of all this is that Kimbo is not yet ready to fight GSP or A Silva or any of those guys, not that he couldnt knock them out with one swing. Of course he can, hes powerful.

But the longer the fight goes, hes done. He needs to stay where he is at before taking on any kind of experienced figther. I respect his strength and his desire its just right now his lack of organized fights would get him beat.

A few things:

1.  When did the difference in weight in this debate go as far as heavyweight and flyweight? Big difference between that what we're talking about.

2. I did in fact see the Hong Man Choi/Fedor fight.  I will agree that Hong Man beat up Fedor's face for a sec, just like Lesner did to Mir.  Of course they both lost in the first round to submission and now Frank Mir is headed on to challenge for the heavyweight title.  Fedor is another story, his career went south a bit because he did in fact choose to fight a circus act.

3. I reread my post, and I did not say that Chuck was more polished than Randy, I did state that Chuck is very very polished, though unorthodox. Though he is a counter striker, so I can understand how it would be difficult to see.

All these things really don't matter though, because you have gone from Kimbo beating and ending the careers of the top pound for pound fighters in the world, to having a punchers chance against them,which is something that I agree with.  Peace.

This is what I said "I truly do not think that GSP or Anderson Silva would do so well against a huge guy like that. I think the folks in the light heavy weight or heavyweight divisions would destroy him. I would love to see Wandy Silva fight him or maybe Chuck Liddell. Great Stand up matches."  Again as I said I do not think that Kimbo would beat them...I just think he is to big and could inflict a lot of damage on guys weighing between 30 to 50 lbs lighter than him.

Why do you think a heavyweight boxer wont fight a flyweight, because they can do more damage. I agree that GSP and Anderson would beat him. I guess you only watch the American MMA events. Did you see what Hong Man Choi did to Fedors face???? Hong Man Choi is huge with very little skill but he sure made Fedors face look really bad. People who I think are polished in the MMA game... Anderson Silva, GSP, Jacare, Ricardo Alameda, Nogs, Fedor, Gomi, Matt Linland and Hendo. .. Chuck Liddell is more of a brawler... and if you are telling me that Randy Coture is not more polished then Chuck you are crazy. Take it how you want it, but someone like Kimbo has a PUNCHERS CHANCE because he is so powerful. Do you think that GSP or Anderson Silva could knock out Kimbo with 1 punch... I highly doubt it.

OK, now lets not get carried away, Choi did nothing to Fedors face with the exception of scratches from his gloves, I dont think Choi landed a single punch flush. Also, if you watch any of Fedors fights then you know his skin is like paper and he cuts easily(thats how he lost his only fight,due to a cut from an illegal elbow.)

It amazes me how the majority of people on here discussing MMA only talks about the UFC,kinda like its and end all be all thing... There are many organizations around the world who have far superior fighters than the UFC.

A few things:

1.  When did the difference in weight in this debate go as far as heavyweight and flyweight? Big difference between that what we're talking about.

2. I did in fact see the Hong Man Choi/Fedor fight.  I will agree that Hong Man beat up Fedor's face for a sec, just like Lesner did to Mir.  Of course they both lost in the first round to submission and now Frank Mir is headed on to challenge for the heavyweight title.  Fedor is another story, his career went south a bit because he did in fact choose to fight a circus act.

3. I reread my post, and I did not say that Chuck was more polished than Randy, I did state that Chuck is very very polished, though unorthodox. Though he is a counter striker, so I can understand how it would be difficult to see.

All these things really don't matter though, because you have gone from Kimbo beating and ending the careers of the top pound for pound fighters in the world, to having a punchers chance against them,which is something that I agree with.  Peace.

Just because Choi is massive I think it is absolutely unfair to call him a circus act!!! Unlike Kimbo Choi IS an accomplished star!!! Heres his records and a few noteable fights:

K1 kick boxing 12-4

mma  1-1

Hes beaten Sapp, K1 World Champion Semmy Schilt,Gary Goodridge, and Akebono(2)...

A few things:

Just because Choi is massive I think it is absolutely unfair to call him a circus act!!! Unlike Kimbo Choi IS an accomplished star!!! Heres his records and a few noteable fights:

K1 kick boxing 12-4

mma  1-1

Hes beaten Sapp, K1 World Champion Semmy Schilt,Gary Goodridge, and Akebono(2)...

Oh Boy! Here we go again!

Hong Man Choi is a circus act, don't make excuses, you know it, I know it, everyone in Hong Man's family knows it. And for future reference, don't use beating Bob Sapp to make a point. That guy is useless.

And what are you smoking?  other organizations have far superior fighters than the UFC?  That's either delusional or just plain denial.  The UFC is the best in the world, and while Pride was good, the only organization that might have competed with it, the UFC is better, much better.  NO OTHER ORGANIZATION TOUCHES THE UFC.  In fact, the only two legitimate organizations in the MMA world are the UFC and the WEC, and they are owned by the same company!  Now to be fair, there are good fighters in other organizations, and it is a bit pious to only consider the UFC. I mean if you don't know much about Fedor, you can't really be considered a hardcore MMA fan.  And, I think Affliction has the potential to compete with the UFC, especially now that we know Donald Trump is behind them.  BUT, no one touches the UFC in quality of fights and fighters, and to say that "many organizations around the world have far superior fighters than the UFC" is not only horrendously erroneous, its wishful to the point of desperation.

This all of course stems from your mancrush on Fedor, who couldn't close negotiations if someone offered him a continent.  The man is terrified to lose his reputation, and is a pre-madonna punkass.  I'm hoping and praying Tim rips his head off.

Harsh debate aside, it's nice to hear from 'Ol Venom again.

A few things:

K1 kick boxing 12-4

mma  1-1

Oh Boy! Here we go again!

Hong Man Choi is a circus act, don't make excuses, you know it, I know it, everyone in Hong Man's family knows it. And for future reference, don't use beating Bob Sapp to make a point. That guy is useless.

And what are you smoking?  other organizations have far superior fighters than the UFC?  That's either delusional or just plain denial.  The UFC is the best in the world, and while Pride was good, the only organization that might have competed with it, the UFC is better, much better.  NO OTHER ORGANIZATION TOUCHES THE UFC.  In fact, the only two legitimate organizations in the MMA world are the UFC and the WEC, and they are owned by the same company!  Now to be fair, there are good fighters in other organizations, and it is a bit pious to only consider the UFC. I mean if you don't know much about Fedor, you can't really be considered a hardcore MMA fan.  And, I think Affliction has the potential to compete with the UFC, especially now that we know Donald Trump is behind them.  BUT, no one touches the UFC in quality of fights and fighters, and to say that "many organizations around the world have far superior fighters than the UFC" is not only horrendously erroneous, its wishful to the point of desperation.

This all of course stems from your mancrush on Fedor, who couldn't close negotiations if someone offered him a continent.  The man is terrified to lose his reputation, and is a pre-madonna punkass.  I'm hoping and praying Tim rips his head off.

Harsh debate aside, it's nice to hear from 'Ol Venom again.

thank you,thank you.... i cant apologize for my mancrush on fedor,lets face it hes the best in the world and would probably demolish any two ufc fighters at the same time  ;).  im telling you there are alot of fighters around the world that would destroy any champion the ufc has. though the ufc has good fighters keep in mind there two well known champions are from pride!

Delusional! Fedor is going to be exposed you watch, and yes, I will concede that a few Pride fighters have found success in the UFC, but the resounding majority have not.  A couple things though, Rampage has only beaten one legitimate UFC fighter in Chuck, his other major win is over another Pride fighter.  And Big Nog nearly lost to Heath Herring, ANOTHER Pride fighter, and then beat Tim, which I think we can all agree is not that big of a feat.  We will see how he fairs over Frank Mir.  So both of them have only one major win over a UFC fighter.  Granted, they were two big UFC names.  Again, not denying the legitimacy of Rampage and Big Nog, but they are UFC fighters now, what they were is irrelevant to your comment that other organizations have superior fighters to the UFC champs.  It's just not true.  Just look at any ranking, and the list of top 10 Pound for Pound fighters are all UFC fighters save Fedor and Urijah (Again, I don't count Fedor because he's been so stagnant for so long, and he's a poon, and you like him, which means he can't possibly be any good ;D)

Fedor is the man of the moment. He is by better than everyone in the UFC. I like the Pride/Dream association. I like the way the crown their champions and I like the idea of the tournament. GO MAYHEM MILLER. JUNE 15th. Oh and MMA.Com just updated their rankings.  FEDOR still the #1 Heavyweight....

Delusional! Fedor is going to be exposed you watch, and yes, I will concede that a few Pride fighters have found success in the UFC, but the resounding majority have not.  A couple things though, Rampage has only beaten one legitimate UFC fighter in Chuck, his other major win is over another Pride fighter.  And Big Nog nearly lost to Heath Herring, ANOTHER Pride fighter, and then beat Tim, which I think we can all agree is not that big of a feat.  We will see how he fairs over Frank Mir.  So both of them have only one major win over a UFC fighter.  Granted, they were two big UFC names.  Again, not denying the legitimacy of Rampage and Big Nog, but they are UFC fighters now, what they were is irrelevant to your comment that other organizations have superior fighters to the UFC champs.  It's just not true.  Just look at any ranking, and the list of top 10 Pound for Pound fighters are all UFC fighters save Fedor and Urijah (Again, I don't count Fedor because he's been so stagnant for so long, and he's a poon, and you like him, which means he can't possibly be any good ;D)

Fedor a poon? WOW!!!!  Have you looked at the fighters Fedor has faced and beat? In your last statement you said "and then beat Tim,which I think we can all agree is not that big of a feat," if this is the case then what exactly is Timmy gonna expose that these other fighters havent? I understand there are quite a few UFC nuthuggers but all Im asking is think outside the UFC and look at the other organizations around the WORLD including K1 and you will find that the UFC has good fighters but there are MANY fighters that if given an opportunity would run rough shot through anyone in the UFC! I will give you two names right off the bat as an example; Semmy Schilt and Jerome Labanner.... :o

Fedor a poon? WOW!!!!  Have you looked at the fighters Fedor has faced and beat? In your last statement you said "and then beat Tim,which I think we can all agree is not that big of a feat," if this is the case then what exactly is Timmy gonna expose that these other fighters havent? I understand there are quite a few UFC nuthuggers but all Im asking is think outside the UFC and look at the other organizations around the WORLD including K1 and you will find that the UFC has good fighters but there are MANY fighters that if given an opportunity would run rough shot through anyone in the UFC! I will give you two names right off the bat as an example; Semmy Schilt and Jerome Labanner.... :o

Man you are ridiculous.  Schilt lost to Hong Man! and Labanner lost to Cro Cop, and we all know how he did in the UFC.  But again, all this debating is for naught because the main issue is something we agree on.  There are good fighters outside the UFC, and to only consider the UFC is just ignorant.  I do however think that the UFC is the best organization, and that DREAM, Lufan, is a joke.  Pride was good, and Fedor was good, great, mythical even, but I do not agree with the ranking because he hasn't done anything to prove he's number one recently.  But I understand it, because the heavyweight divisions of all the organizations that have it are all up in the air.  No one has clear competitors at heavyweight.  And that is why Fedor is still ranked number one, because he hasn't fought anyone worth mentioning in a while and the heavyweight divisions in the world are in a state of limbo.

Man you sure like to put words in peoples mouth. I never said that the UFC is not the best org. They have the top talent. I wish that more of the fight cards were a little better. I just said that I like Dream because of the tournaments. I also like the kicks and knees to the head on the ground and also the way the refs can dock a fighters pay for not being active and pursuing the fight. But Fedor is still going to dominate and is still the best fighter in the world.

Man you sure like to put words in peoples mouth. I never said that the UFC is not the best org. They have the top talent. I wish that more of the fight cards were a little better. I just said that I like Dream because of the tournaments. I also like the kicks and knees to the head on the ground and also the way the refs can dock a fighters pay for not being active and pursuing the fight. But Fedor is still going to dominate and is still the best fighter in the world.

My apologies.  I actually only meant to direct the "dream is a joke" comment toward you, because you had mentioned dream in your previous post. But I didn't type it very clearly.  The "UFC is the best org." comment was meant to be directed toward venom. I apologize for not typing it well. 

I agree with you on the dream rules and regulations.  My comment was directed toward the talent pool of dream.  And I can't agree or disagree with you on the Fedor thing, because I think we just don't know, which is, I think, reason enough not to have him ranked numero uno.  But I dislike him, and I will admit that it more than likely biases my opinion a bit.

Sorry for the clarity and if I offended, I really only mean to offend venom.  But I do it because I love...and because I think he's wrong.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder