Top 10 3A Coaches

KFDM COOP

Guest airitout123

I am not from WOS but you have to give them credit. They are very successful. It isn't a matter of this person disagreeing with some of the posts. It has more to do with being jealous of a successful program. Everyone wants to be a part of success and when you are not, you become frustrated with the one who is. Is this a natural thing?

Nothing wrong with being great...WO-S certainly has almost always been the best SE Texas had to offer. Grown men continously bragging about it on a message board is rather humorous.

BH has had streches were they were as good as any also and have championships to show for it. BH fans ripping on WO-S fans makes for good entertainment as well.

Keep up the good work :)

I am not from WOS but you have to give them credit. They are very successful. It isn't a matter of this person disagreeing with some of the posts. It has more to do with being jealous of a successful program. Everyone wants to be a part of success and when you are not' date=' you become frustrated with the one who is. Is this a natural thing?[/quote'] I'm not either! Your post is a 100% Correct though!

I am not from WOS but you have to give them credit. They are very successful. It isn't a matter of this person disagreeing with some of the posts. It has more to do with being jealous of a successful program. Everyone wants to be a part of success and when you are not' date=' you become frustrated with the one who is. Is this a natural thing?[/quote']

No one is doubting the WOS program being a good one, but they IN MY OPINION are consistently over-rated. This has been true in each of their two 3-A seasons. I suspect they will once again be over-rated in 2006.

Having said all that, I can't think of any fans out there that I would rather give a ration of good ol'e smack too. For that, I am grateful for WOS.

Bridge City District Champs 2006 !

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all the posts on the donwlow and this site I must say that....

1. WOS is usually a very good team that sometimes emerges as a Great team. There football program is head and shoulders above anything else however.

2. BH is usually overrated.... the main thing is that BH's coaches are good, but the players usually make WAY to many mistakes to win a playoff game, Oh yeah i graduated in 05 and i've seen what happens.

3. If anyone was jealous or envious of WOS from BH, it was because Doc (our trainer) worked there before coming here. BH is CONSISTENTLY very good in EVERY aspect of the school: Band, UIL Academics, Theatre (the powerhouse in 3a haha) state champs in Agricultue, tennis, Golf, CC, Track, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, and yes Football.

4. The High School is just flat out amazing.

5. WOS has MUCH better athletes than BH does, by far.

6. I thougt Dan Hooks was from BH?

I give many props to WOS for thier achievements and support them usually, but if someone from BH jokes with someone from WOS please just take it as such, because we take yours.

After reading all the posts on the donwlow and this site I must say that....

1. WOS is usually a very good team that sometimes emerges as a Great team. There football program is head and shoulders above anything else however.

2. BH is usually overrated.... the main thing is that BH's coaches are good' date=' but the players usually make WAY to many mistakes to win a playoff game, Oh yeah i graduated in 05 and i've seen what happens.

3. If anyone was jealous or envious of WOS from BH, it was because Doc (our trainer) worked there before coming here. BH is CONSISTENTLY very good in EVERY aspect of the school: Band, UIL Academics, Theatre (the powerhouse in 3a haha) state champs in Agricultue, tennis, Golf, CC, Track, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, and yes Football.

4. The High School is just flat out amazing.

5. WOS has MUCH better athletes than BH does, by far.

6. I thougt Dan Hooks was from BH?

I give many props to WOS for thier achievements and support them usually, but if someone from BH jokes with someone from WOS please just take it as such, because we take yours.[/quote']

Kensington Good post, I agree with all but #2 I have seen many games lost in the playoffs by BH that were just as much coaching than players. Welcome to the board :lol:

Guest GoStangs

If anyone was jealous or envious of WOS from BH, it was because Doc (our trainer) worked there before coming here.

He's a great guy, and was our trainer when I went to WOS. I see him occasionally at WOS games and it's great to see him still supporting the Stangs. You all certainly have a good one in him. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jody wrote:

piratesoccer6 wrote:

somehow, before i read this, i kind of guess that hooks would be at the top

If you see a post from a WOS person it is always about how "great" they are. No punt against them for being good supportive fans, but it is most always the case. I think that is in part why they catch so much flack. I know it's the reason I give them such a hard time. Well, that and they get really emotional about it and I find some sense of humor, in a sickning way I guess

Your not kidding. They are emotional about it, I am not saying that it is a bad thing, just humorous, and yes I find it funny as well. WOS does not want to be considered second or average in anything, just listen to the WOS supporters on here........borderline ridiculous sometimes, but humorous. I am sure one will have something to say about this as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics