**BRYANT OUT AT BRIDGE CITY**

Guest Bulldog

People have seemed to be on coach Bryants back for the last two or three years. I don't know the man personally but his record may be the best in the area. I don't know. I remember last year when the team was eliminated by a very good Jasper team he got blamed and some were calling for his head. This year the team was again eliminated by a good Jasper team. Perhaps if the series had gone three games BC may have won it. However, the loss in no way was coach Bryants fault. Parson's from Jasper had perhaps his best outing of the year. I was at the game and he kept the batters off balance so much that sometimes they swung at balls and missed badly. Parsons was the reason why BC lost, not anything that coach Bryant did or did not do. I have heard that the man has a bad personality or no personality. Well he sure can coach baseball. I know that a previous coach was very liked by BC fans, myself included. Some fans even want to name the stadium after him. To me that was a slap in the face to coach Bryant for the good job he did with the baseball program. My opinion only. I'm not saying that coach Young does not deserve to be honored. I believe that coach Bryants winning percentage may be the best in the schools history. I'm not sure. There must be some other reason anybody would want to replace him other than "We just don't like him". Don't believe for a minute that another coach can continue the winning tradition that BC has seen over the last few years. That doesn't mean that the program would suffer either. We just can't look in to the future like that. We do have good baseball talent in BC but as in any sport it needs to be handled right for the program to succeed. If I had a vote in the matter I would vote to keep the coach but I do not know why his job is being questioned. Just my opinion!

I don't think baseball had much to do with it.........

Lesson learned:

If your not political you lose. If you choose to play the best players instead of the political players, you lose.

Who did he not play?

Mcginnis grandson from a few years ago and the current one that didn't make the varsity team this year

Judging by the responses, a lot of people don't KNOW the person and are going by the W/L record.  That is not the only reason to have/keep a coach.  I don't know if he stays or goes, that decision is made by someone else that KNOWS both the person and the W/L record.

But to jump on people from BC because of possible personnel change, you people........mods included need to grow up.

If he is on the bricks, BC baseball will continue to thrive.....its the kids that determine its success and they come into the high school with a very good background in baseball thanks to the programs in place.

I won't comment on this matter anymore, its not really fair to the person or the situation until it is resolved.    

If this move would have been made 3 years ago BC would have won at least 2 state championships ( IMO )

Lesson learned:

If your not political you lose. If you choose to play the best players instead of the political players, you lose.

Who did he not play?

Mcginnis grandson from a few years ago and the current one that didn't make the varsity team this year

Are you saying Bryant played the 9 best players ???? I  know of  players that he screwed over ( other than Leger ) for personal reasons...

shadow 1 and buc 3 that is false and a crutch.  

to say that his grandkid's playing-time or lack there of is the reason coach bryant lost his job is a laugh. that might be an issue, but the politics that you speak of is not the deciding factor, atleast from my perspective

yes he played the best 9, which he should but jerry has personally told me that his grandkids arent always the best and he doesnt think they should start over anyone else if it jeopordizes the team or the game