*BC vs. Needville Game 3/BC Advances!!!*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw two of the three games and was very impressed with your third bager, ss and catcher.  8)

Good thing is the 3B (Joe Robertson) and the SS (Matt Hicks) are both sophomores. the catcher (Casey Jackson) is a senior though and will be missed

Guest Orangeboy

Great job by the BC pitchers this weekend. Really kept a tough Needville squad off balance. Jaden Dillon had a monster series at the plate going 8 for 9 with 4 doubles. Keep it up Cards! Get a good week of work and then take it to the champs.

Guest etbu

Saw two of the three games and was very impressed with your third bager, ss and catcher.  8)

Good thing is the 3B (Joe Robertson) and the SS (Matt Hicks) are both sophomores. the catcher (Casey Jackson) is a senior though and will be missed

Your leadoff Robertson is built like a smaller Ricky Henderson.

Guest BC boy 17

Your leadoff Robertson is built like a smaller Ricky Henderson.

Only tougher

I was really spell-bound by the BC pitching.  Hicks and McGuire really went at it in the first game.  Both pitched great games--it ended 2-1 Needville.

Jason Clark pitched a solid second game.  One of the best performances I have seen in a playoff series.

Surely some visionary college will pick this Senior up.  Clark is one that keeps it right there around the strike zone every pitch an yet pulls off one hitters.

Jadon Dillon is such a team player!  A left fielder who went to local ace Pitching Coach(Sam Moore) this summer to hone/develop his skills for the mound; just in case they needed another pitcher for the playoff team efforts. Like a big Arkansas country boy chunking stream rocks at above 90 mph he came through like a Senior team player should!  Going 8 of 9 at the plate should land that good left fielder a D-1 scholarship as a "lead off" batter.  He will probably never pitch a ball in college but for now he draws a good bead on the mitt and kicks high and center-punches a hardball real well for a high school youth.

I was really spell-bound by the BC pitching.  Hicks and McGuire really went at it in the first game.  Both pitched great games--it ended 2-1 Needville.

Jason Clark pitched a solid second game.  One of the best performances I have seen in a playoff series.

Surely some visionary college will pick this Senior up.  Clark is one that keeps it right there around the strike zone every pitch an yet pulls off one hitters.

Jadon Dillon is such a team player!  A left fielder who went to local ace Pitching Coach(Sam Moore) this summer to hone/develop his skills for the mound; just in case they needed another pitcher for the playoff team efforts. Like a big Arkansas country boy chunking stream rocks at above 90 mph he came through like a Senior team player should!  Going 8 of 9 at the plate should land that good left fielder a D-1 scholarship as a "lead off" batter.  He will probably never pitch a ball in college but for now he draws a good bead on the mitt and kicks high and center-punches a hardball real well for a high school youth.

Jaden Dillon did not go to Sam Moore last summer for pitching.  He went to Sam the summer between 8th grade and freshman year which must be the year you are referring to.  As a freshman, he continued to go to Sam for once a week for six months and Sam helped him a lot with technique.  As a freshman he was over pitched and ended up with elbow injury/pain.  After 6 trips to a Houston doctor and $4000 worth of tests, he was told not to pitch for 6 months.  As a sophmore, he returned to Sam for one month before breaking both of his hands in a basketball game in late Dec.  Since one of the bones broken was the bone at the joint connecting his right index finger to his hand, it affected his release of the ball.  Not much pitching happened in sophmore year.  The doctor in Houston told him that he would have less chance of reinjury if he could not go into baseball season with a cold arm.  So for the following junior and senior years, he would go to Sam once a month for the months of Sept - Nov.  After that, basketball just took up too much time.  Since he did not pitch at all in junior year, he went to Sam in senior year to keep the arm in shape to hopefully keep from injury and it helped to be so able to throw a stronger ball from the outfield. I hope you are equally as wrong with your opinion of him never pitching in a college game. Not a very good thing for a pitcher that is still in the playoffs to read about himself from a BC supporter. 

The smartest man in the area turns out to be Bridge City's baseball manager. By letting his only underclass starting pitcher face Needville's only senior pitcher he set his team up for a two out of three game victory. He pitched his sophomore all year letting him gain experience for the playoffs, knowing all the time what he could expect from his seniors. Intuitively, Bryant knew that Needville's best chance for a victory would be the game pitched by their senior. So like a good chess player, conceding a pawn for a rook in the first game, he gave his team the best chance for victorys in the next two games. Of course he would have been happy with a win in the first game but that would only have accelerated his well layed plan. Although this plan did not guarantee a championship it certainly put his team in a position to win it. In the final two games Bridge City's senior pitchers would compete against Needville's sophomore and junior pitchers.

Congratulations to Coach Bryant for continuing to out smart the opponent. Coaching at this level requires more than just filling out a lineup card. You must weigh the opponents strengths and calculate your chances over three games and at least twenty-one full innings of baseball. He has knowledge, confidence and an understanding of the game rarely found in high school coaches. He knows his players and he knows the strengths and weaknesses of their opponents. Just one example was when he bunted his clean-up hitter, the designated hitter, with two on and nobody out. Did anyone expect that? Could either of Needville's corners? The batter executed a great bunt. The runners advanced. Well done.

A coaches job is to give his team the best chance to win, and he continues to do just that. Thanks also to the first base coach and bench coach for all the time, teaching, and patience with our student atheletes. The community is lucky to have such dedicated educators. None of Bridge City's baseball fans are ready for the season to end, so good luck to all the players and coaches. Now go beat Jasper.

Guest etbu

The BC fans are in debted to the Needville Coach and why? How about when the starting pitcher ask to be taken out of the game in the fifth bc his arm was hurting? Walked two batters and number eight hitter goes yard on him. Helloooooooo?

The smartest man in the area turns out to be Bridge City's baseball manager. By letting his only underclass starting pitcher face Needville's only senior pitcher he set his team up for a two out of three game victory. He pitched his sophomore all year letting him gain experience for the playoffs, knowing all the time what he could expect from his seniors. Intuitively, Bryant knew that Needville's best chance for a victory would be the game pitched by their senior. So like a good chess player, conceding a pawn for a rook in the first game, he gave his team the best chance for victorys in the next two games. Of course he would have been happy with a win in the first game but that would only have accelerated his well layed plan. Although this plan did not guarantee a championship it certainly put his team in a position to win it. In the final two games Bridge City's senior pitchers would compete against Needville's sophomore and junior pitchers.

Congratulations to Coach Bryant for continuing to out smart the opponent. Coaching at this level requires more than just filling out a lineup card. You must weigh the opponents strengths and calculate your chances over three games and at least twenty-one full innings of baseball. He has knowledge, confidence and an understanding of the game rarely found in high school coaches. He knows his players and he knows the strengths and weaknesses of their opponents. Just one example was when he bunted his clean-up hitter, the designated hitter, with two on and nobody out. Did anyone expect that? Could either of Needville's corners? The batter executed a great bunt. The runners advanced. Well done.

A coaches job is to give his team the best chance to win, and he continues to do just that. Thanks also to the first base coach and bench coach for all the time, teaching, and patience with our student atheletes. The community is lucky to have such dedicated educators. None of Bridge City's baseball fans are ready for the season to end, so good luck to all the players and coaches. Now go beat Jasper.

You are right coaching at this level is more than driving the bus. Good luck to you Coach Bryant and I hope you go all the way.

gingersnap: you obviously have no idea what you are talking about....anyone that knows coach bryant or has played for him has seen that ne never plays the "chess game" with other coaches, in fact he thinks its rediculous.

he has always been up front with the players and he pitches who he thinks gives him the best chance to WIN the game at hand.  in no game has he ever "conceded " victory to the other team.  hicks has been his number one pitcher all year long and to say that he was letting needville win game one because the seniors would give them a better chance to win after needvilles ace pitched is flat wrong. he went day by day and put the team in what he thought was the best chance to win and it payed off. and the clean up hitter is there to drive in runs hence the term "clean up"  not bunt, but on the high school level coaches expect everyone to be able to bunt 1-9 so he was playing to the situation, not to the mind games of the other team, besides how do would they know whats "expected" they dont watch all of our games.

this is baseball not chess....if it were chess....they'd call it that

Guest BC boy 17

Guys don't kill the messenger but body types not psychic powers and it is a compliment not a slam.  ???

ETBU - My response, and I am sure the same for Circlechange or 81o7, was intended to strongly support your post not to criticize. This young man is a heck of an athlete and a gentleman. And in my opinion, the town should be very proud of him as well as this entire team in the way they handle themselves as good sports, win or lose.

I sat by a young lady at the Thursday night game who goes to school at Huffman High School. I was very impressed by her manners and interest in this team from the little town of BC. Good parenting obviously brings about good kids. By the way, Yes Sir, is definitely part of her vocabulary.

I don't see any apology from you is necessary.  I would like to say I am sorry my post was misunderstood. As a baseball fan you have certainly not done anything to wear your welcome thin at a BC baseball game. I would look forward to seeing you at the games next week against Jasper and welcome your support of our team.

Thanks,

BC Baseball Parent

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder