HJ Next Season?

Guest stevenash

They return  Trey Burrell and Jarvis Benard and the backcourt will be completed by a very fast and quick Jacoby Turner who is going to add a lot to their team next year after gaining valuable varsity experience as a sophomore including the last second basket that defeated Navasota in the playoffs.  There will be a couple of 6"3" inside type players coming from a JV team that lost only one or two games last year.  If they make a meaningful contribution, H.J. will be very competitive.

HJ should be good next year........they have Jarvis, trey b.,and jacoby t, back......they will also be adding the 2 big guys from j.v (and if i might add the J.V only lost one game last year).....they also have some good shooters coming off the J.V as well......but also the J.V players will have to get use to playing the varsity tempo....but i think they will be ready the coaches will get them ready for the speed of the game by the start of next year......

Guest tigersvoice

HJ should be good next year........they have Jarvis, trey b.,and jacoby t, back......they will also be adding the 2 big guys from j.v (and if i might add the J.V only lost one game last year).....they also have some good shooters coming off the J.V as well......but also the J.V players will have to get use to playing the varsity tempo....but i think they will be ready the coaches will get them ready for the speed of the game by the start of next year......

With Sutherland coaching and the floor leadership of Jarvis and Burrell - they will be SOLID.  We will all wait and see who flowers among the supporting cast.

• 1 month later...

HJ Summer League started yesterday.  In the one game I watched, HJ looked great; EC, not so much.  Jarvis, Trey, Jacoby, and Li'l Steve looked really quick.  The two posts coming up from JV played very well at both ends.  The role-player wings were solid.  Then there was this rising ninth grader, who I was told wears size 17 shoes-- he showed some good basketball instincts.  If Trey and Jacoby don't get too dinged up during football season, the Hawks should enjoy another 30+ win season, and maybe even...  well...  we'll see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami