*PN-G vs. Nederland/NEDERLAND SURPRISES PN-G!!*

WP:  Josh Dean  5 innings 6 K's 1 BB 2 hits 3 runs (Great Job!)

Save:  Ryan Sampere 2 innings 1 K  1 hit

LP:  Mitch Todd 2 innings 3 ks 6 hits 4 runs

Jerin Spikes 5 innings 3 ks 5 hits 2 runs

Nederland:  Adam Broussard 1 run; Jordan Pitts 2 for 4(double) 3 RBI & 2 Runs; Kirby Bellow 3 for 4 w/1 Run; Aaron McFarland 2 for 3(double) 1 Sac Bunt 1 RBI; Jude Vidrine 1 for 3 1 RBI; Reagan Stanley 1 for 3; Trey Terracina 1 for 3(double);Ryan Brady 1 for 3 w/1 Run;Cameron Bass 1 Run.

PNG: Reyenga 1 for 3; Kane Benoit 1 for 3(double); Mitch Todd 1 for 2 w/1 Run; Austin Sangster 1 Run; Emir Jalali 1 RBI & 1 Run.  

Hats off to the Dogs!! Nederland was hot tonight and the bats for PNG were pretty cold.  Goes to show that on any given night anything can happen and when it comes to PNG and Nederland all bets are off.  Josh Dean did a great job on the mound and Ryan did a great job closing. 

Spikes for PNG did a great job in relief of Todd.  PNG will be fine and will take care of business....

Josh dean was outstanding and Ryan Sampere was great as a closer.  Pitts was involved in five of the six runs and McFarland did everything the team asked of him.  The Sac Bunt was a great decision and set Kirby up to score.  Kirby stayed hot.  If we can keep the momentum going this could be a great finish. 

I have one question for Scrap and Skills123 though.  Have you started cooking the crow yet? A Scrap quote from game 1: "Bigdog, were happy everytime we win. It could have been better because we could have played better defensively. I promise you it wont be so close in round 2 on the reservation."  A Skills quote from game 1:  "if you think about it, nederland didnt have a prayer from the opening hitter.  they had 2 hits in 5 innings off harrington, with no errors the indians win 7-2.  nederland cant hand with png on their best day which they had the other day and the indians have their worst (obviously).  Harrington throwing with Todd behind him, best 1-2 punch in the area..goodluck hitting that the rest of the district" ;D  I couldn't just let it go.

Great game Josh Dean . Alot of Dogs hit well , but Pitts 2 out, 3 run 2b was huge . McFarland & Vidrine's  hits & rbi's were awesome . Ryan Sampere came in and did an excellent job slamming the door . Also hats off to Robbins giving Mr. Dean the start.  

Guest Penny

Nederland will always have the BALLS to win any game.... especially against PNG with Robbins and Spell at the helm.  They can coach with ANYBODY!!!! The kids responded well tonight in a big game, that speaks well of the preparation... good job Cody, soak it up buddy, you deserve it!

Dogs beat up Indians

By Cody Pastorella

The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES — The Nederland Bulldogs looked like a brand new baseball team in Friday night's 6-3 win over the Port Neches-Groves Indians.

All season, Nederland has been plagued with inconsistencies at the plate and on the mound.

Friday night was completely different, as Nederland put together a four run, second inning off losing pitcher Mitchell Todd.

With two outs, Trey Terracina doubled and then moved to third on a single by Ryan Brady. Todd loaded the bases by plunking Adam Broussard. Then with the bases full of Dogs, Jordan Pitts slammed a double into the right field gap to bring in all three runners.

Pitts advanced to third on a wild pitch and in an attempt to put out Pitts out at third, Kane Benoit could not handle a throw down from catcher Jon Carnahan.

Those two errors sent Pitts home, giving Nederland an early 4-0 advantage.

Pitts proved to be the winning run as PN-G only scratched together three runs on three hits.

With the win, Nederland improves to 11-10 overall and 6-4 in District 22-4A. The Bulldogs next game comes Tuesday when they host Ozen, which is also 6-4 in league play after beating Little Cypress-Mauriceville 5-3 on Friday night. 

After Friday's results, PN-G is tied with Vidor for the district's top spot with an 8-2 league mark.

LC-M is at third place with a 7-3 record and Nederland and Ozen are desperately trying to claw back into the playoff picture.

Each team has four games left on the schedule.

With the loss, PN-G falls to 16-5 overall and evens the season series with Nederland. The Indians travel to Lumberton on Tuesday for their next game.

After Nederland's Jude Vidrine singled in Kirby Bellow with two outs in the fifth, the Tribe was facing a 5-0 defecit.

That's when the Indians finally found some success against Josh Dean, who was the winning pitcher on the night.

Dean tossed five innings of two hit ball. He surrendered only one earned run (three total), struck out six and did not allow a hit until Blake Reyenga pooched a bunt single in the fourth inning.

why is it when vidor beat png it was because of the refs and the loud music. but when nederland beats png there is no excuses from png.......

because they just flat out beat us. and we can take that loss.

but im not saying yall didnt beat us  but most people from our area wont except the loss from vidor because of a few calls or make up some other thing. vidor beat us  ok  big deal its over with. guess nobody would except that because it should have turned out a different way but didnt from a couple of errors. but nederland just flat out beat png in every way last night

why is it when vidor beat png it was because of the refs and the loud music. but when nederland beats png there is no excuses from png.......

I don't usually respond to these kind of remarks but I am this time.  A lot of the reason is because there were very many other things that happened in the Vidor game. The music and all the other stupid excuses was not necessary and had no bearing on the game.  The Blue crew did but that is not what lost the Vidor game.  The Vidor game loss was due to not having the clutch play when needed. In the Nederland / PNG game the PNG bats were cold.  It was that simple.  Does that answer you question? No excuses just the loss of a good game.

This blows my mind. I picked PNG to win state ! (Still do)

LOL

LOL from this sde of the river also!!! ;D

I heard that CC Moody looks pretty good this year.  ;) ;) ;)

I saw Moody last year and the looked liked the Dominican National Team. They could have beaten any of the 5A schools at state tourny last year. Pretty good this year ??? Pretty good every year. They can draw from to many players.

This blows my mind. I picked PNG to win state ! (Still do)

LOL

LOL from this sde of the river also!!! ;D

I heard that CC Moody looks pretty good this year.  ;) ;) ;)

I saw Moody last year and the looked liked the Dominican National Team. They could have beaten any of the 5A schools at state tourny last year. Pretty good this year ??? Pretty good every year. They can draw from to many players.

My quote of "pretty good this year" was tongue-in-cheek or light sarcasm. Moody is loaded.............again.

play-ball, I'm interested to hear more, was it the ERRORS or a couple of calls that got you beat?  Couldn't tell by your post.

actually im pretty sure i said it was errors  that cost us the game...i said other people from here will say it was a few calls  so before you try to be smart A  understand what your talking about

Guest Penny

Wasn't trying to be a smartxxx, I read your post again and I was just interested in what you really thought.  You said most won't accept it.  Just wondering if you accept the fact that if you don't make a bunch of errors as you correctly stated, most great teams can overcome some calls if they are the best team.  Making errors is the same as not hitting.  PNG didn't hit well against Nederland, wasn't at the game but sounds like they didn't play good defense against Vidor.  Just sounds better for you if you either accept a loss or don't because of some bad calls.  If you got hosed on some calls, come out and say it and stick by it and then tell Vidor they got away with one.  Don't say, we lost because we made errors and not give Vidor credit for beating you.  That's all I'm saying.  Bad calls are a part of the game.

Wasn't trying to be a smartxxx, I read your post again and I was just interested in what you really thought.  You said most won't accept it.  Just wondering if you accept the fact that if you don't make a bunch of errors as you correctly stated, most great teams can overcome some calls if they are the best team.  Making errors is the same as not hitting.  PNG didn't hit well against Nederland, wasn't at the game but sounds like they didn't play good defense against Vidor.  Just sounds better for you if you either accept a loss or don't because of some bad calls.  If you got hosed on some calls, come out and say it and stick by it and then tell Vidor they got away with one.  Don't say, we lost because we made errors and not give Vidor credit for beating you.  That's all I'm saying.  Bad calls are a part of the game.

alright man  well sorry  didnt mean to flip, but yeah i accepted it and png will have a better defensive game playing for that district championship friday night

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder