*Jasper vs. HF/14-12 HF Upsets Jasper/Comments*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parsons actually will be credited with all 7 innings tonight but didn't get the loss, it went to kid that started the game and saw only 4 hitters and got no outs, then was pulled for Parsons who went the rest of the way, making it all 7 innings, tonight. HF played well and grabbed huge lead and then hung on. Bronson was 3-5 with 2 jacks tonight. Great win for the Horns.

Actually Bronson was 2-5 ( 2 HR's) with 2 walks (one intentional)

Congrats Horns and Coach Landry.  Great Job.

Surely you guys are kidding about the 14 innings in 4 days.  That is just nuts.  I don't want to criticize a coach, but that seems almost irresponsible if it is true.  I am thinking not though.

14 innings in 4 days is true. But with Parsons, its not as big a deal as it is for a flamethrower. He throws 60 to 70% offspeed, with very little wear on the arm. With adequate rest, it will be no big deal. BTW, I listened to the game last night and I've said it before that HF is definitely the scariest team in the district. I think BC would agree after the scare that they had with them. I knew that they would knock off someone, but I just hoped it wouldn't have been us.

Are you really saying that offspead pitches don't put wear on your arm ??? ??? ???  I am not sure vary many baseball people would agree with you on this one.  Not trying to start a long term debate here, but I still say it is crazy.  The ramafications of this type of work load my not be seen for a couple of years.  I just hope long term the kid is fine he seems like a talented young man.

Surely you guys are kidding about the 14 innings in 4 days.  That is just nuts.  I don't want to criticize a coach, but that seems almost irresponsible if it is true.  I am thinking not though.

It is all in how you pitch, and in your capabilities.  Years ago, (many years ago), Jasper had a pitcher who his senior year pitched almost every game.  Twice a week, every week.  His record for the year, was an astounding 18 and 3 as I remember.  Oh yeah, it really, really hurt him.  After pitching one year of college ball and five years of MLB for the Cleveland Indians, he was finished.

He could throw probably in the mid 90's, but that year he threw a lot of junk to pace himself.  Batters knew he could bring smoke at any moment so they had to prepare for anything.

It is all in how you pitch, and in your capabilities.  Years ago, (many years ago), Jasper had a pitcher who his senior year pitched almost every game.  Twice a week, every week.  His record for the year, was an astounding 18 and 3 as I remember.  Oh yeah, it really, really hurt him.  After pitching one year of college ball and five years of MLB for the Cleveland Indians, he was finished.

He could throw probably in the mid 90's, but that year he threw a lot of junk to pace himself.  Batters knew he could bring smoke at any moment so they had to prepare for anything.

Name please.

Are you really saying that offspead pitches don't put wear on your arm ??? ??? ???  I am not sure vary many baseball people would agree with you on this one.  Not trying to start a long term debate here, but I still say it is crazy.  The ramafications of this type of work load my not be seen for a couple of years.  I just hope long term the kid is fine he seems like a talented young man.

I'm saying that mechanics have alot to do with wear and tear on a pitchers arm. Parsons has great mechanics and as far as the offspeed pitches go, a  change-up is not going to put as much stress on your arm as a curve ball or a fastball. With proper rest over the next week, it will be no big deal. I also don't believe that throwing on four days rest one time during the season will harm you. If you do it repeatedly over the course of a season, then yes, there may be problems.

Name please.

Phil Hennigan, high school 1960-64.  Notable high school accomplishments.  Youngest player (at the time anyway) to ever win a game at state (15 years old, freshman), first (and maybe only) pitcher to throw a no-hitter at state and lose (1963), junior year, beat a skinny kid named Nolan Ryan 1-0 in the playoffs.

I promise.  My last post on the topic.  You can be right.  But my thoughts are a little different.  Baseball people would consider a Fri and Mon games "3" days rest not 4.  Also, if this worked for Mr. Hennigan then I would say he is the exception not the rule.  However, any idea why he retired at just 27 years old after seemingly being very productive?  Kerry Wood once pitched the state semifinal and stae championship games.  They one both and he started his pro career lights out.  Then has been injury proned ever since.  Sometimes it takes years before the wear shows up.  IMO.  But hey, there are far more irresponsible practices going on than throwing to many pitches in a short period of time in this area right now.  So with that good luck bulldogs the rest of the way.  I am sure you guys will bounce back quickly.

Then don't "criticize a coach"....he is anything but irresponsible....

He knows what he is doing & would never put a kid in jeopardy....he is a great coach and knows

more about his players than we do...

Guest BC boy 17

its true...Parsons pitched against BC friday and HF last night

It sure is better to develop your better athletes to pitch so that a fellow does not have to pitch all the time.  Last year BC put a good outfielder, Jason Clark, in and he really aced Needville deep in the bracket play.

Fact is, two good outfielders--Jason Clark and Jadon Dillon got the win against a stubborn OF last night.

Clark was the WP and did a good job in his second defensive position.

I would think Jasper will be working to develop some additional pitching in order to climb the bracket play.

Folks get pretty burned down when the temperature climbs into the 90s in late spring.  I have confidence that the Jasper team will bounce back after this crucial loss.

He knows what he is doing & would never put a kid in jeopardy....he is a great coach and knows

He is a great coach.  If he were irresponsible, he would have pitched the injured Stephenson.

What kind of injury does stephenson have? 

He is a great coach.  If he were irresponsible, he would have pitched the injured Stephenson.

*Expos 1999 first-rounder Josh Girdley suffered another major setback in his injury-plagued career. Girdley, 2-5, 4.76 for low Class A Savannah, will have Tommy John surgery to reconstruct his damaged left elbow ligament. Girdley, 22, has never pitched more than 79 innings in a season. He missed most of 2001-2002 due to shoulder problems relating to a motorcycle accident following the 2000 season.

source:http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/dishjuly03.html

Mortorcycle accident was 3 years before the Tommy John. 

*Expos 1999 first-rounder Josh Girdley suffered another major setback in his injury-plagued career. Girdley, 2-5, 4.76 for low Class A Savannah, will have Tommy John surgery to reconstruct his damaged left elbow ligament. Girdley, 22, has never pitched more than 79 innings in a season. He missed most of 2001-2002 due to shoulder problems relating to a motorcycle accident following the 2000 season.

source:http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/dishjuly03.html

Mortorcycle accident was 3 years before the Tommy John. 

What is the deal?????..just let it go & stop talking about it already...geez

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder