2 Cain, Austin                  BH                      2:03.744 

3 Duran, Taylor                Huffman                2:04.111 

District 22 and 23

No Results Reported Yet

District 24:

1.  Andrew Merrick,          Seven Lakes,        2:03.28

2.  Clinton Pollock,            Foster,                  2:03.58

3.  Henry Li,                    Seven Lakes,          2:05.62

The times will go down. It takes someone pushing you in order to drop times..The one time Nederland,s 800 man was challenged this year his time was 1:58.7. With a guy from Barbers Hill not far behind @ 1:59 something. So I would not be surprised to see times at regional around the 1:57 mark..or better

Boy, nobody is lighting up the track according to those results.  a 2:12 goes to regional in 4A??!!  Are you kidding me?!  There should be some sub 2:00 times in there especially for 4A.   

some of those kids just ran to win... those kids from seven lakes, nederland, brenham, and BH are all sub 2 guys. The kid from ned won his dist. on a very windy day. they'll be well under 2 come regionals.

i saw the race where BH and Nederland broke 2 it was a really good race, the kid from BH really was pushing him for 700 meters tried to take the lead a few times and tried to pass him on the outside of the last turn NOT SMART at all. both have really great potential the nederland boy has more foot speed on his kick and ran away and he likes to front run in a 800 that is NOT SMART but i think that BH has more guts and at regionals i expect he will have a plan for nederland to break him so he wont have a kick left but hey dont count brenham out  ;D ;D ;D ;D good luck to both BH and Nederland hope to see both at state meet

Distance_coach.....Not so sure about that last post.The lumberton meet was only the second time the kid from Nederland ever ran the 800 so there has been a bit of a learning curve since then. Not only that I think the kid showed plenty of guts by bouncing back from a lackluster performance in the 400 during prelims. to come back and run a personal best 49.44 in the finals in windy conditions.Should be a good race though. I can not wait till regionals..

im not tryin to say anything but i had only run it aabout 3 times before the lumberton meet...the kid from nederland is just flat out good if i have any chance i will have to wear him out so he doesnt have that strong kick.....cant wait for a rematch at regionals  ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83