How many games will Lumberton win this year?

How many games will Lumberton win this year?  

1. 1. How many games will Lumberton win this year?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that way about Ozen' date=' simply because that school should be 5A, I think BMT ISD should have keep Central and West Brook and by making Ozen a Magnet school it should be 5A, but some how BMT ISD has found a loop hole to keep the school 4A, this is nothing personal, I think the kids and coachs are doing a great job. I have a problem with the Politics, it is almost like BMT is trying to recreate Herbert, same colors, same mascot and same school. I played Hebert High, and Ozen will never be that team....Just one mans opinion.[/quote']

What would any of that have to do with Ozen making the playoffs? It doesn't matter if they are a bigger school they are still a good team. What does that have to do with Lumberton? They still have to beat them to get to the playoffs. Other districts have that problem too but that doesn't stop them. Look at Kirbyville in that district they have been in Jasper is almost twice their size and they still made the playoffs. No matter what Lumberton is in a tough district and they are gonna have to work no matter what they've done in Junior High or JV to get to the playoffs.

Look it dosent matter what was said in previous years' date=' its a new year. [/quote']

Well, actually it does. That's why you get people doing this :roll: :roll: :roll: when there is talk about Vidor and/or Lumberton doing something in district. A few years ago, it was that Lumberton was going to unveil this new passing offense that was going to wow the district. The result: nothing. In fact, it was the "innovator" of that new offense that Lumberton fans were now so happy to get rid of to welcome in Coach Credeur.

Last year, it was the Pirater fans claiming that since they had so many seniors returning that they were going to storm into the playoffs. The result: the same place that Vidor has been for the last few years middle to bottom of the pack.

And now both are claiming for various reasons that this is the breakthrough year. By now, the claims are starting to remind me of the childhood story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." Which taking that story through to its end, one year one of these schools will break through and it will shock the socks off of everyone else.

I applaud the enthusiasm exhibited in these claims because I am a big believer that the support of the community is an ingredient in a successful team. And for a team to achieve, it must believe it will do so. However, please understand that until it actually does happen, these claims will be viewed with skepticism and justifiably so.

I see the majority says 1-3 wins. I remember when L-town :lol::lol::lol: went 7-3 the 2 years they were 3A. They beat my Eagles, but couldn't get passed H-F and Newton. Anyway, 1-3 wins with 1 in district.

As for BISD, I've said it on the radio and I've said it on many a message board: 22-4A comes through Beaumont

As for this stupid No Child Left Behind BS and task: All 3 school are AA--well Central had 'exempt status' on the latest test scores I saw. Anyway, WB is no better than Ozen as far as test scores go.

And for the umpteenth time, Ozen has a Magnet program, as does Central now, and is not a magnet school as defined by the state of Texas. I wish some of you know-it-alls would get your house in order first before commenting on ours......

• 2 weeks later...

Well I need to go get the coaching staff together and tell them about our speed problem..

Vidor Coach: "Mr. Hitsquad07 brought it to my attention that we aren't going to win with speed against Central or Ozen.."

"I was really counting on that this year.So therefore I am renaming the team to the Vidor Spidors"..

And I would like to thank Mr.Hitsquad07 for bringing that to everyone's attention. That the"Vidor Spidors' aren't as fast as Ozen Or Central!!

Thankyou,thankyou very much..

Hey Kicker I am glad he brought to our attention because I was sure banking on Vidor winning it with speed alone!!

Dang!! now what are we gonna do?? Back to the drawing board

oh......oh......oh......I know, name your stadium after a former Ozen player. You know, like WOS did with BH's very own Dan Hooks..... :D

oh......oh......oh......I know' date=' name your stadium after a former Ozen player. You know, like WOS did with BH's very own Dan Hooks..... :D[/quote']

Jody,...................the King of low blows :lol:

Hey, yall could order some spidOr man costumes and use them for uniforms :D

I go to Lumberton HS and man I wish them the best of luck. When you have not lost since 8th grade that is good ok I mean great but to be cocky is one thing also to be too cocky is another. I'm glad we are behind our team 100%. You have to realize though people on these boards need to be quiet because talk is cheap and when you have never made the playoffs and to keep talkin that's insane. I'm glad everyone is confident but wait till you win then start talkin. Use what people say to motivate you but stop talkin and wait till you win because if you keep talkin and can't back it up your in for a rude awakening. do it on the field!!! I wish everyone the best of luck and who knows it's a new season anything can happen!

I am glad to see a few Lumberton fans have a POSITIVE attitude. This can only help the players develope into winners. It is very hard to not hear the community putting you down along with Southeast Texas. I have always supported the Raiders reguardless of their record (we were 0-10 my senior year). I hope some of the Raider fans and players on this board can spread the positive attitude. I look forward to following the Raiders to the playoffs!!! (always think POSITIVE)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476