Unconfirmed but likely true rumor

Guest mffl

You know what that means, just read into this as a rumor or something "i heard".

I "heard" that Brandon Aldrich is not returning to the bench next season, any guesses on the next assistant (if their is an opening for it), Boutte anyone?!?

Guest abovetherim

Dude, that is news to me! Where is he going? His wife is the assistant volleyball coach so I hope he is at least staying in the area. He is a quite but really nice guy. Is he applying for the LSC-PA job? They need to increase the pay for that job to be more attractive.

Guest abovetherim

Thanks HoopInsider_Cooper. If that is true I wish the best for him and his family. Now, I don't wish anyone to leave but if they do Coach Tubbs and Coach Roc now is the time to make a hard push for Coach Boutte.

He had nothing else to prove at the HS level. I don't want to keep a kid from living out his dream but Lamar would have a shot a Keller if this gets done before signing day.

I heard Keller and Coach Boutte are extremely close. Now, of course don't do it to get one player. That would be a slap to Coach Boutte. He is a great coach and would be a great addition to any college staff.

Guess we'll see how all this plays out.

Guest DickVitale

Keller grew up on Boutte's street in Port Arthur, and with P-nut (his son)...Yes, they are very close...We shall see...Money talks...It would be a great start for him...He would be considered for any mid major job that opens up in the next couple of years or so, and they always do...we will see...I will have conversation with him about it and see where he is...

Keller grew up on Boutte's street in Port Arthur, and with P-nut (his son)...Yes, they are very close...We shall see...Money talks...It would be a great start for him...He would be considered for any mid major job that opens up in the next couple of years or so, and they always do...we will see...I will have conversation with him about it and see where he is...

:D You still on the phone?

Guest DickVitale

I called, but he was out in that yard (as always)!...or messing with those dogs!...I am going to hit him back a bit later...I will keep you guys informed...I am going to pick his brain a bit!! :D

Guest DickVitale

I would have to agree with you on that one...More than that, I think it can springboard him to another mid major and beyond as a head coach..A fresh start and new challenges...It would be win-win for all involved.

Yeah, if Roc doesn't move on to a big name school taking Bubba with him, Boutte gets the Lamar HC job.

If Roc stays, I see a Boutte getting offers in 5 years from as low as SWAC/SLC schools to as high as Sunbelt/CUSA type schools.

Guest abovetherim

If that happens, which I hope not because Lamar has a good staff; I'll throw out a name of a former head coach who might be willing to return to Lamar. He is a great recruiter and I've heard he wants to get back into coaching. He and Coach Roc are very good friends. Tom Abatemarco.

The guy was young and made some poor choices when he was here before but he is a good basketball coach and GREAT RECRUITER. 

I don't think he is looking for a head coaching job. I'm pretty sure he would be interested in an assistant position. Crazy things happen in college basketball. Look at Stanford, the top assistant coached the head coach Trent Johnson in college. 

Now, that would make some news!

Another close Roc friend is Tic Price who I think is an assistant at North Texas right now.  Before he got the North Texas gig he was in the Montagne for several LU home games.  Price hit the big time with Memphis before personal issues knocked him down.  Mcneese did him wrong, and he would make a great bench coach with great recruiting connections.

Guest abovetherim

Would he be willing to leave North Texas? I heard Coach Abatemarco say he still cares about Lamar and considers leaving the biggest mistake of his professional life.

If Coach Price would be interested in an assistant job at Lamar that would be great. I know Coach Abatemarco is really interested in getting back into coaching. He was the top assistant at NC State to Coach V when they shocked UH for the national championship. So he knows what it is like to be "big-time" too.

Would he be willing to leave North Texas? I heard Coach Abatemarco say he still cares about Lamar and considers leaving the biggest mistake of his professional life.

If Coach Price would be interested in an assistant job at Lamar that would be great. I know Coach Abatemarco is really interested in getting back into coaching. He was the top assistant at NC State to Coach V when they shocked UH for the national championship. So he knows what it is like to be "big-time" too.

I don't know the answer to that, but it would certainly be an attractive staff to have Roc, Price, Boutte and one remaining assistant.

I called, but he was out in that yard (as always)!...or messing with those dogs!...I am going to hit him back a bit later...I will keep you guys informed...I am going to pick his brain a bit!! :D

:D Get through on that call?

Guest DickVitale

You know...He is so darn secretive! He DID laugh and say, "for the right price....hey, you never know".  :D...GO GET HIM ROC!! BILLY!! Make him an offer he can't refuse!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami