Olajuwon to attempt comeback with Rockets

Olajuwon to attempt comeback with Rockets

The past may meet the present in Houston, and for the Houston Rockets that means the return of the greatest center in franchise history.

Hakeem Olajuwon is expected to return to the Rockets today in the hopes of contributing to their playoff run, according to a source close to the NBA great.

"It looks like it's going to happen," said one source close to the situation. "We should know for sure by this afternoon."

The Rockets are planning to unveil a monument honoring Olajuwon on April 11 outside the team's arena, and that opened the lines of communication between the former star and the team. Phone calls from injured Rockets center Yao Ming and long-time friend Dikembe Mutombo were instrumental in his decision to return.

The 45-year-old Olajuwon is the NBA's career leader in blocked shots (3,830). He led the Rockets to their only two championships in 1994 and '95 and was the most valuable player of the finals both years.

Olajuwon retired after the 2001-02 season and the Rockets drafted Yao with the first pick a few months later.

Yep the site that came from is pretty notorious for their April Fools stuff.

Did anyone check out youtube today. They RickRolled everyone with their recommended videos. Woot also pulled out the Aprils Fools joke and they have had a Woot off with the same item all day long. I just keeps refreshing itself with the occasional BOC thrown in.

shoulda put this on here yesterday, and you might have been believed.  I always do my april fool's day jokes the day before or after.  They're much more believable, and they're close enough to April 1 that most people don't get too mad about it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124