What team Will BeThe Biggest Dissapointment?

WOS95.....Silsbee is returning several key starters from last year. They found a quarterback in the last game of the year last year that really ran their option very well. They have a HUGE O-line and have speed in the backfield. Silsbee has had two pretty good football teams the past two seasons but have run into a better team in round 1 both years...Palestine.

I look for them to be a consistent challenger for that district in the years to come.

thanks tiger, i cant wait for wos/silsbee to play. there have been some battles between us in the past. ive always liked to see a team that runs the option. 8)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With such a soft district' date=' the Lumberton might make some noise. Ozen, Central, PN-G, Nederland and Dayton had better watch out because the Raiders are coming. They are almost a guarantee to beat LC-M and Vidor.[/quote']

I just don't know when PN-G, Nederland, Dayton, and Ozen became a soft district. Also Vidor and LC-M aren't scrub teams either so Lumberton better come to play.

thanks tiger' date=' i cant wait for wos/silsbee to play. there have been some battles between us in the past. ive always liked to see a team that runs the option. 8)[/quote']

The only thing is that we've been known as "Option Killers". Especially with coach Thompson. Remember LCM's famous "Option" in 97 that no one could stop? Well, needless to say, they made it past the 50 one time against us :lol: Ole Khris Omey had snot bubbles all night :lol:

no faith kosmo? i had a offensive coach that knows what hes talking about tell me he expects our offense to be better than last years overall, not particularly in the backfield but the line returns some good guys..our line should be better, now our defense has some holes but we'll get it worked out by week zero

WOS95.....Silsbee is returning several key starters from last year. They found a quarterback in the last game of the year last year that really ran their option very well. They have a HUGE O-line and have speed in the backfield. Silsbee has had two pretty good football teams the past two seasons but have run into a better team in round 1 both years...Palestine.

I look for them to be a consistent challenger for that district in the years to come.

I think much better on offense next year. QB and RB will be a great combo for them, but losing the cog in the middle of your defense would lead me to believe that they will be easier to move the ball on next year. I could be wrong.

I think much better on offense next year. QB and RB will be a great combo for them' date=' but losing the cog in the middle of your defense would lead me to believe that they will be easier to move the ball on next year. I could be wrong.[/quote']

Not sure who you are talking about but the best D-line/oline kid in this area is back for Silsbee! I think that he has a verbal with LSU or Florida. The kid is a beast and can run. Silsbee is bigger/stronger/faster on the o-line/d-line than they have ever been.

Guest kosmo

no faith kosmo? i had a offensive coach that knows what hes talking about tell me he expects our offense to be better than last years overall' date=' not particularly in the backfield but the line returns some good guys..our line should be better, now our defense has some holes but we'll get it worked out by week zero[/quote']

No brother, I have faith. I just look at what is there. I know we have a couple of good lineman returning, and when you have Johnny D, y that helps a ton. But, I am worried about the defense. It might be a tough road with some of the youth we will have overall. But I will be there rooting every step of the way.

Steed was a great ball player! He will be missed but Ahmad Jones is the guy i was talking about. Alot of schools after him! LSU' date=' Florida, Neb have all offered. If you havnt seen this kid play he is a sight. He is big and can run.[/quote']

I don't know anything about Ahmad Jones. I just know that Steed was by far the best D-Lineman in our district last year. Perhaps Jones will be better.

I think most people realize the QB position will be different for WO-S this year, even though Franks is a great athlete with "Beasley like" speed. I'm just not sure about his passing. It will be a different team no doubt. Most think we have the potential to do what we did last year because we have an experienced line coming back on both side of the ball along with more skill people. Last year we had Beasley, White and Thomas... this year we have Thomas, Franks, Garrett and Dennis.

I think the line will be the difference and if we are fortunate enough to go all the way, it will be because of our boys up front, on both sides.

• 2 months later...
Guest BIG HOUSE

Somebody please tell me why 1-4 Nederland is still bumping gums!!

There are a def. DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!! I VOTE NEDERLAND!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

After loses to PN-G this week & Dayton later they can start baseball!!!!!

Somebody please tell me why 1-4 Nederland is still bumping gums!!

There are a def. DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!! I VOTE NEDERLAND!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

After loses to PN-G this week & Dayton later they can start baseball!!!!!

This will be the Mid-County "Battle of the Flops." I still say Nederland takes this one.

To answer the post, mine is Nederland and Bridge City. I was expecting much more out of both.

Big House, we got English this year, we're at least going to roll the basketball's out this year... maybe in a couple of years we will be a contender? Baseball will start after Christmas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami